The Transfer Thread

Guest Ringmaster

Guest President Ringiah Bartlet

I dunno, but he's certainly nothing like Keane in his style. He's more of a playmaker with outstanding passing. From what I've seen, their midfield is kinda lightweight and they need a hard tackler which is what people think Hargreaves can do.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. I love Hargreaves, but he's just a little better than a Phil Neville or something like that. They'd be better off signing Scott Parker or something like that. In fact, if you'd have offered Bayern a third of the price in 2005, they'd have said yes. He was kept on the bench by the likes Ali Karimi, maybe United should sign him too >_>

Andy Pirlo's the most overlooked midfielder in the world. He's also said he'll leave Milan if they don't get CL football next season, so it looks likely he'll move.

As for Riquelme, yeah, he's completely different from Hargreaves. Still at the prices quoted, it's beyond me why no one has gone in and bid for him.

How much is he said to be available for?

I can understand why English clubs might not want him. He could easily turn out to be another Veron. Surely he'd get into the Real Madrid team?

Ray Parlour has just been released by Middlesbrough and is training with Arsenal to regain his fitness. I'd love it if we re-signed him, just for nostalgia reasons and because he could be a great experienced head in a young locker room.

Guest RINGY SAID DANCE

From what I remember from last year, Rocha has a bit of a hard man thing going, and he's gonna get sent off, a lot :shifty:

He did mark Ronaldinho off the field in the first leg of Benfica against Barcelona last year though, so he's definitely got some potential.