The Mafia Discussion Thread

See, this is why I'm a bit tentative about running House Mafia. I certainly have my own vision of how the main alignments would fall, and how several of the more key roles would work, but as we can see, when you base your mafia on a popular fictional world, you pretty much agree to meet a lot of high expectations.

Though, that said, I'd still like to run it. As for the comment about You Pick II, it only seems I'm not as keen on it because I really had no idea if people would want to see that again or not. Basically, of the four I put out there, if one of them gets a HUGE positive response, I'll do it regardless.

I personally think House Mafia would be awesome. While there isn't many regulars (What is there? 6 roles off the top of my head that have been in almost every episode.) With all the patients he's had, and enemies he's made the man could literally just have himself as the town and it be a battle to see who kills him first.

I don't, and I'd much prefer to see You Pick Mafia II. Ace actually touched on the reason why - there are six roles seen as being central to the series (House, Cuddy, Wilson and the Cottages), and the three big antagonists in Tritter, Moriarty (the guy in No Reason) and Vogler. Even including the six or seven Numbers who had some character development, that's still only fifteen roles, and only a handful that lend themselves to being one clear alignment. That said, if you do do it and there's a Lupus character, I will personally start the bandwagon to get you named mod of the Cube.

I'd suggest waiting until one of the active games finishes - we've got five going now, which was the limit in the heyday. I also think Ruki might be first in line to start a new one, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

Me and Xero are first in line. We're co-running it, yo.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

... don't mind me.

I hate you.

I'm confused.

And clearly, he gets a bad role? >.>

I'm interested in pretty much every one other than the House one, but I'm not saying "DON'T DO THIS GRARRR" because it's not really the end of the world for me in any case. I think my order of preference is You Pick II (maybe this time I can get a role that isn't incredibly useless) > Wrasslin' > Homestar > House.

Personally, i'm sick to the back teeth on Mafias based on one set thing such as a TV program where the runner has to go really obscure to get roles right. That and i'm sick to the back teeth of Mafias i know nothing about. So yeah, YouPick for me, not that it matters because no doubt i'll die quickly anyway.

Also, if i die one more time in Video Game Mafia surely that will be some form of record. Three nights, three deaths.

I'm very interested in Josh's You Pick II game. The first one was fun, and it's pretty cool trying to come up with a good character for someone else.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Personally, i'm sick to the back teeth on Mafias based on one set thing such as a TV program where the runner has to go really obscure to get roles right. That and i'm sick to the back teeth of Mafias i know nothing about. So yeah, YouPick for me, not that it matters because no doubt i'll die quickly anyway.

Also, if i die one more time in Video Game Mafia surely that will be some form of record. Three nights, three deaths.

I'd suggest waiting until one of the active games finishes - we've got five going now, which was the limit in the heyday. I also think Ruki might be first in line to start a new one, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

Me and Xero are first in line. We're co-running it, yo.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

... don't mind me.

I hate you.

You love me.

I don't really want to say a lot for fear of spoiling the game, but it's easily the worst-run game I've ever been a part of.

Clearly you aren't in Heroes Mafia.

Guest strongarm85

I know theres quite a bit of confusion in VG mafia right now, what with people being killed in broad daylight. Everything will be explained in detail when the game ends.