The Mafia Discussion Thread

You could definitely do it in a larger game though, because you'd have to skew the ratio towards the mafia to compensate. In a ten person mafia, you'd be looking to make 4 mafia, but then the game could be over in two days and you haven't got much to go on. In a 20 person mafia you could put 7-8 mafia and there's a bit more play.

Could be Beeker and Blazing Saddles mafia - think he's moving house.

Not moving house... going to go apartmentsit in the city for a month. It's an hour drive and I should be back online before the 24 hour deadline is up.

What's more, even if the internet is out there, there's a few internet cafes withing about 20 minutes walking.

So don't you worry about Blazing Saddles Mafia at all.

Don't post enough, then you're risking getting your name changed/suspended. So it would be in your best interest to pay attention.

Also, if the town wins, only the surviving townies would be able to change the mafia's name. I think I'll put sign ups on Sunday, 10-15 people. Also, I'll let people vote when they sign up: Name change, suspension, or both. Another thing...I'm thinking, saying the game goes to day 5, you're name is changed for 5 weeks, and would be suspended for 5 days. Good idea?

Don't post enough, then you're risking getting your name changed/suspended. So it would be in your best interest to pay attention.

Also, if the town wins, only the surviving townies would be able to change the mafia's name. I think I'll put sign ups on Sunday, 10-15 people. Also, I'll let people vote when they sign up: Name change, suspension, or both. Another thing...I'm thinking, saying the game goes to day 5, you're name is changed for 5 weeks, and would be suspended for 5 days. Good idea?

I'm telling you now, thats not going to fly. One of the strategies people use as mafia is not to post much so they can try to fly under the radar, and saying they'll be suspended if they don't post what you consider 'enough' is just encouraging pointless whoring that'll clog up the actual discussion.

You'll need TGCs permission for the name change thing, fair enough, but you won't be suspending people for not posting enough.

Got Teej to agree, now I just need Hammy's approval.

Also, that came off horribly on my part, and I apologize. No one will get suspended or their name changed just for being inactive, but being inactive (different from being quiet), could cost your team victory, and thus, your name changed. I suck at explaining things.