The Mafia Discussion Thread

All 4 scum left in that game had 15+ posts. It's not as clear cut as all scum are lurkers. It's mostly just townies who can't be fucked to play the game they signed up for.

Pris didn't really start posting until she was about to get lynched. Coupled with the fact that she would only vote to lynch TGC and well, you can see where I was suspicious of her. If she'd died, we would have gotten TGC the next day. Instead, people who weren't even paying attention to the thread speed lynched a guy who obviously had protection.

We had quite the laugh about that too :)

It's not a lot but if you're going to "lynch all lurkers", you're gonna start with the guys who have the least posts, who generally end up being townies. I mean, you would've won anyway, since I couldn't kill anybody who was actually talking, but normally it wouldn't be a good tactic.

Lynching blaze or players like that who admit they haven't been reading isn't all that harmful. At the end of the day, his vote for TGC was just as good as him being scum. How does the town lose anything by eliminating dead weight unless you're down to the final 6 or 7 players and need all the live bodies you can get? At that point, do you really want someone with single digit posts making a critical decision?

• Admin

It's not a lot but if you're going to "lynch all lurkers", you're gonna start with the guys who have the least posts, who generally end up being townies. I mean, you would've won anyway, since I couldn't kill anybody who was actually talking, but normally it wouldn't be a good tactic.

I'll happily lynch townies who won't contribute if it will force the scum players to post more. Far more chance of them revealing themselves that way.

Might even kick a few of these townies into either contributing or not signing up and wasting our time to start with.

All 4 scum left in that game had 15+ posts. It's not as clear cut as all scum are lurkers. It's mostly just townies who can't be fucked to play the game they signed up for.

Pris didn't really start posting until she was about to get lynched. Coupled with the fact that she would only vote to lynch TGC and well, you can see where I was suspicious of her. If she'd died, we would have gotten TGC the next day. Instead, people who weren't even paying attention to the thread speed lynched a guy who obviously had protection.

YES! Her posts doubled when she started getting votes on her but imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning to see the town actually thought about lynching TGC even when there was enough reasons to lynch Srar.

Also, Ruki :shifty: I read the role pm over and over again and I just chose to be optimistic about it. Look what that lead to... :(

Edited by nabeel

Srar actually played a great game in my opinion. And her and I did everything we could to get all the suspicion on me. I purposely played a "bad game" to save Ace and just kept it going on and on and on. You can be bitchy naiwf and blame all lurkers, but it was the townies that fucked this game over. And RW, I disagree, me and srar deserved a win. We played hard and I think smart. We conned Molly when her name was revealed, and it was Srar's role she was revealed with. So if srar had been killed and she was also envy, that would have likely confused you fuckers even more. I did not expect us to win the game, but I did expect us to make it another few days. Even if the townies had actually played.

What sucks is that so many people took so many things personally and quit playing or asked to be replaced or whatever. The game was not broken as I told Ruki, the majority of the town fucked it up.

• Admin

You didn't deserve a win purely for the worst "outed don pretending to be town" act ever :P

Seriously though, if anyone did deserve a win, it would have been Ben - he's the only one not pegged as scum by anyone during the game.

Srar actually played a great game in my opinion. And her and I did everything we could to get all the suspicion on me. I purposely played a "bad game" to save Ace and just kept it going on and on and on. You can be bitchy naiwf and blame all lurkers, but it was the townies that fucked this game over. And RW, I disagree, me and srar deserved a win. We played hard and I think smart. We conned Molly when her name was revealed, and it was Srar's role she was revealed with. So if srar had been killed and she was also envy, that would have likely confused you fuckers even more. I did not expect us to win the game, but I did expect us to make it another few days. Even if the townies had actually played.

What sucks is that so many people took so many things personally and quit playing or asked to be replaced or whatever. The game was not broken as I told Ruki, the majority of the town fucked it up.

I'm blaming the townies who didn't read the thread for continually voting for someone who had already survived multiple lynches. I pointed out that either oldskool or pris was probably on your side, and then Norro decided to believe you for someone reason that only Norro will be able to explain and he actively saved you by convincing the lurkers and the rest of the scum to vote for you instead when Pris was at most 2 votes away from getting lynched.

I will say had I woken up this morning and srar was still close but not lynched yet I was going to post some random shit in the room in bold and attempted to convince you all I had some ability.

And we did laugh a lot at the game and the bad play.

I still feel bad for Ruki though. And I still think people wanting to quit because they got frustrated is a shitty thing to do.

Random note: Ben lost his ability for breaking his posting requirement.

I couldn't believe it when the town didn't follow up their suspicion of him. Somebody mentioned it and I think someone agreed and then they just dropped it, never to be spoken of again.

OH and before I forget. Nick Adams. In the day phase where everyone had to post 80 lines he picked up that I said I thought TGC was a serial killer. He asked why I didn't think he could be mafia as well. That was a slip-up because obviously I was mafia. Was glad to see nobody else pick up on that but not exactly surprised. I wish people wouldn't try to lynch Nick every game for "being suspicious" when he's just trying to play the game :/

And in regards to lynch all lurkers... that's a vig's job. I'll never advocate town play as basic as "lynch anybody who doesn't post".

That's overly simplifying things. If there are more dead bodies in the game than a shady player's post total, I'm all for lynching said player unless there's someone else that's outed as being scum through an investigation or something like that. I'm also for lynching anyone who has seen a few hundred posts and says something to the effect of "nothing really stands out to me yet."