The Mafia Discussion Thread

My position on mafia - shorter games (a day phase is 48 hours and night phase is 24 hours) and give players more powers that can be used during day phases (keeping day phases more exciting).

Another idea I would propose that would potentially be controversial is forced voting. A players first post during a day phase should require them to vote and with no unvoting. It would force players to be more active and actually place votes, rather than sit back and do nothing. 

7 hours ago, RPS said:

My position on mafia - shorter games (a day phase is 48 hours and night phase is 24 hours) and give players more powers that can be used during day phases (keeping day phases more exciting).

Another idea I would propose that would potentially be controversial is forced voting. A players first post during a day phase should require them to vote and with no unvoting. It would force players to be more active and actually place votes, rather than sit back and do nothing. 

Actually really like this. 

Also, maybe some game as Harsh said but like the active ppl get more characters or something. Something that could be done with less people without inactivity killing the game 

Before I wanted to do a wild and over the top Futurama Game I had come up with a Godzilla one that maybe could work well here since the concept was pretty different.

The basic concept was the Night Phase was almost entirely for the scum so the game would be less dependent on night abilities.  Town players still would have a day and a night ability, but it was all tailored to the main gimmick of the game which was monsters picking fights and finding out which players you could beat in a fight (the loser of the fight dies).  Basically the night phase wouldn't have a huge impact on the game.

• 2 months later...

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543531

There's a DC/Justice League game on Grey Dog, that's going to start up in a few days and there's still 6 roles left. I know mafia is far from peak times but I'm pretty sure the runner would appreciate getting as close to full as possible and it should be a fun game, with a cool theme.

Even after getting annoyed at Ace being Ace and getting fed up with mafia several games ago on here(some random game in 2017 maybe?), I joined their second to last game and although it got a bit frustrating at times, it was kind of nice to be back playing and the people seemed cool.

On 22/11/2018 at 05:25, Ace said:

And, seriously @C-MIL you're one of a handful of game runners that should get a 'Skip the Waiting List' card anyway, since your games are always amazing.

((The rest of the handful would be Norro, Zan, Sousa, and Josh)) 

EDIT: Oh! And RW! 

I would like it pointed out that back in the good old days I really was allowed to skip the waiting list because of my games being the best ones.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Someone should do a One Night Ultimate Werewolf game. Fast and fun!

If you go back a page you can see the last discussion on such a subject.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you all have anywhere else that you all play similar type games??  I wanted to get in on some mafia games or even other games like the ones running now, but it seems a bit dead in here.  If you all have another place that you play, please lemme know...

On 30/04/2019 at 20:28, Noah said:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543531

There's a DC/Justice League game on Grey Dog, that's going to start up in a few days and there's still 6 roles left. I know mafia is far from peak times but I'm pretty sure the runner would appreciate getting as close to full as possible and it should be a fun game, with a cool theme.

Even after getting annoyed at Ace being Ace and getting fed up with mafia several games ago on here(some random game in 2017 maybe?), I joined their second to last game and although it got a bit frustrating at times, it was kind of nice to be back playing and the people seemed cool.

@kurgan Try going and signing up as a replacement for this game already in progress on GDS and even if you miss out, they seem to be in the up part of the mafia cycle so they should be good for new games for at least a few months.

Edited by Noah

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @HarshMillennium I'm just now running an idea past some guys on grey dog to see if we can get some kind of reciprocal thing going with mafia. Like maybe if some/all of the current members that have signed up for your game already, go and play in their latest game, a contingent from their forum will fill out any remaining spots in your game if you end up still needing them.

Ideally I'd like to see both forums have a thriving mafia base of players with maybe some players playing games on both forums occasionally. 

Update:- Here's a link just in case anyone wants to check out the sign-up thread. Yes eddie g is there for some reason. <_<

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543646&page=2

Btw I've already had feedback from at least 3 gds peeps that'd be interested in this talent exchange thing.

Edit: The GDS game has now closed for sign-ups. If anyone is still interested in discussing the idea of mafia crossovers, with people from both forums playing in each other's games, I'm sure we can all work something out for the future and hell I'm sure it's still not out of the question that this game can still be filled out by gds peeps in return for ewb'ers filling out a future gds game.

Edited by Noah

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Noah said:

On some boards if you try anything other than a no lynch on day 1, without someone having a complete meltdown and offering themselves up, you'll probably get lynched. 

And on this board every time I say "no lynch" on day 1, there is always one person who is like "we should lynch RPS for suggesting a no lynch!" 

• Haha 1