1. 1. Coolest male BR character

• #5 Shogo Kawada
    • #6 Kazuo Kiriyama
    • #11 Hiroki Sugimura
    • #15 Shuuya Nanahara
    • #17 Mitsuru Numai
    • #19 Shinji Mimura
    • Someone better

Just out of vague interest really cos I've been reading more BR graphic novels :wub:

For me it's between Mimura, Sugimura and Kawada. Mimura is slick as, especially in the manga. Cool and holds it together while looking after some of the weaker guys. Sugi is the quiet, strong, martial artist type out to protect a couple of the women while Kawada is the tough guy with a heart, who's already survived a BR.

I never get the Kiriyama love, he just doesn't do it for me.

So I gotta go with Kawada. He's nowhere near as good in the movie but is still cool enough. In the novel and manga he's a class act. Old school tough. (Y)

Your choice.

I went for Hiroki. Shinji and Shogo (I find him cooler in the movie, though) are both awesome, but the whole trekking across the island trying to find the girls he loves whilst kicking ass with a stick just reeks of coolness.

Well, regardless of what you say Hamster, it's got to be Kiriyama for me. In both book and film, he just out-awesomes everyone else on the screen/page. Shout out to Numai, though, because his death scene in the book is one of my favourites. Oh, and Sho Tsukioka too. He basically IS Katsuya.

Well, regardless of what you say Hamster, it's got to be Kiriyama for me. In both book and film, he just out-awesomes everyone else on the screen/page. Shout out to Numai, though, because his death scene in the book is one of my favourites. Oh, and Sho Tsukioka too. He basically IS Katsuya.

The manga has a cool segment on Numai, he's pretty much one of the first you get to learn about - his upbringing, the way he meets Kiriyama. Just a shame in the movie all we see of him is the line "Mitsuru Numai DEAD".

Ah, yeah, Sho is one of the most awesome characters in the book, and his death is awesome. Would have been great to see it in the film.

The way they have him in the manga as well is massively camp, a big tranny gayboy. Great to read though. His plan to follow Kiriyama is a great one, shame Kiriyama was too smart though :P

Myself, I have to go with Kiriyama, but only in book/manga form. I just find him a completley fascinating character, doing whatever he wants, literally, and thinking nothing of it.

My personal favorite description of Kiriyama's genius came when he killed Oda, and the book just says something like "Little did Oda know, Kazuo had already suprassed him in violin talent."

Just brilliant. I think the movie didn't really do him justice, as he just wandered around with his MAC putting holes into people. Not much development.

Kitano is easily the most badass character in the movie/world.

But he's not a choice, so I went for Kiriyama.

In the three main versions of the story, the teachers are all different (the class's actual teacher is the same though). Kitano is the only one who has ANYTHING good about him (and who of course I based my character in the Cube BR series on). The manga teacher is dispicable.

One thing I loved about the BR manga was the amazing job it did at character development. of the 44 odd students, many were well developed. I really like all the characters you mentioned on the list, but my favorites being Hiroki and Kazuo.

And the whole several chapters during the "light house scene" with Shuuya being helped by the group of girls (and the aftermath) stands as one of my favorite manga moments ever.

Shogo, obviously :P With the badassocity of Shogo Kawada, any other option is inconcievable, surely? ¬_¬

I've only read the book, not the manga, and only seen the second film. But still. Shogo is awesome.

Although in the second film, Shuya's badassocity is clearly disproportionate to his badassocity in the book, which is relatively low ¬_¬ In the book he's "scared geeky guy who sometimes has half a grapefruit". In the second film, he's suddenly all "I am God. Bow down".

Edited by Farmer Reil

To hell with everyone else. The Third Man is where it's at, seriously.

I personally couldn't stand Kiriyama. I know he was intended as a Mary Sue and symbolism but I felt that Mitsuko Souma was a much more enjoyable villain.

Is Shinji 'nerdy hacker guy'? He was fairly badass, yeah. Maybe my #2 :P

Shinji is the antithesis of "nerdy." Basketball star, playboy, general badass. But yeah, the hacker.