Political Correctness & Simulated Rape

zero

Well, the way I see it is thats just semantics. Watching a film where people are being killed is acceptable because people being killed is a part of life. People die, it happens, and it's unavoidable. To compare child rape to people being killed, even in the realm of film, is to imply that kids are raped as an everyday part of life. Knowing that your 12 year old little girl will some day die, is inevitable, and something you should come to terms with. Knowing that your 12 year old little girl will some day be raped, is not.

Cambodia says hello.

Well, the way I see it is thats just semantics. Watching a film where people are being killed is acceptable because people being killed is a part of life. People die, it happens, and it's unavoidable. To compare child rape to people being killed, even in the realm of film, is to imply that kids are raped as an everyday part of life. Knowing that your 12 year old little girl will some day die, is inevitable, and something you should come to terms with. Knowing that your 12 year old little girl will some day be raped, is not.

People being killed is not a part of life. Dying is a part of life, but being killed is not. No one should have to come to terms with their 12 year old being murdered.

So she's mature enough to deal with a movie where millions of people are killed, a movie about a retarded man trying to raise a daughter, 2 different movies in which she is kidnapped for money (1 of which involves her bodyguard going on a killing spree in order to find her), and I won't even begin to get into the bullshit that went on in 'Hide and Seek'.

To me all of those issues are as complex, if not more complex, than child abuse. It's just the 'taboo' nature of sex that makes it seem all that more serious.

She seems like a very intelligent, very mature young actress. If she doesn't have a problem with it, than neither should we.

I'd really like to see how you justify saying that a retard raising his daughter is more complex, or disturbing which is more the point I was arguing, than a little girl being raped.

Secondly, it's nothing to do with the subject being taboo. It's the fact that while there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing a man and a women having sex, there is something deeply, morally wrong about showing any person being raped, and thats not even involving the age issue.

Guest RINGY SAID DANCE

I love how the black dude from Gay's Anatomy is gonna seek counseling, just for saying the word "fag". That's just funny. Hopefully he'll die there, the show will have bad press and get canceled. :shifty:

In other news,

Child star Dakota Fanning has hit back at critics who attacked her parents for allowing her to film a simulated rape scene in her new movie. Several religious groups have protested the movie Hounddog, saying that having a 12-year-old in a rape scene was criminal. However, Fanning says some of the people who bashed the film's concept "were attacking my family and me, and that's where it got too far. Pretty much everybody who talked about it attacked my mother, which I did not appreciate. That was extremely uncalled for and hurtful." The controversial scene lasts less than a minute and no simulation of a sex act is depicted on camera. The young star insists the scene was not disturbing to shoot and says she filmed the close-ups of her face alone. Fanning says even if she hadn't been in the movie she would want to see it adding, "I know my mom would take me to see it. You have to prepare your children for things that happen in the world. Everything isn't rosy."

I love how the black dude from Gay's Anatomy is gonna seek counseling, just for saying the word "fag". That's just funny. Hopefully he'll die there, the show will have bad press and get canceled. :shifty:

In other news,

Child star Dakota Fanning has hit back at critics who attacked her parents for allowing her to film a simulated rape scene in her new movie. Several religious groups have protested the movie Hounddog, saying that having a 12-year-old in a rape scene was criminal. However, Fanning says some of the people who bashed the film's concept "were attacking my family and me, and that's where it got too far. Pretty much everybody who talked about it attacked my mother, which I did not appreciate. That was extremely uncalled for and hurtful." The controversial scene lasts less than a minute and no simulation of a sex act is depicted on camera. The young star insists the scene was not disturbing to shoot and says she filmed the close-ups of her face alone. Fanning says even if she hadn't been in the movie she would want to see it adding, "I know my mom would take me to see it. You have to prepare your children for things that happen in the world. Everything isn't rosy."

Guest RINGY SAID DANCE

The child will know the terminology come trial time. We can cut the crap and instead of going "that man put his weewee in my peepee", children can go "motherfucker raped me".

It promotes awareness.

gotta love wikipedia..heres part of the entry for this movie

After its premiere, viewers reported that Fanning does not appear nude, and the scene in question could not be described as graphic for sexual reasons. The scene in question takes place in a dark alley. Fanning wore a body suit that makes her appear to be nude from the waist up. That said, every deranged pedo will imagine being the rapist. Long live Hollywood for bringing the lower brow down even further. Huzzah. Huzzah. Huzzah.

That Washington dude is a joke. I think we should do what John Mayer says and make the guy gay on the show. Mayer should freaking write for Greys... heck, I'd watch.

That Washington dude is a joke. I think we should do what John Mayer says and make the guy gay on the show. Mayer should freaking write for Greys... heck, I'd watch.

That also could work for the Michael Richards incident. Let's put him in blackface and make him a black dude on some show. It'll go over extremely well.

For calling someone a fag? Yeah, that's not retarded or immature at all. I like your style, Pete.

Haha, I am calling him a joke because he called someone a fag and wasn't man enough to own up to it. I don't care about people using the word fag - I do it all of the time and I'm not PC at all. But at least have the balls to own up to saying it.

For calling someone a fag? Yeah, that's not retarded or immature at all. I like your style, Pete.

That's true, but if that is the case, don't use the word in the first place. Either have the balls to say it and fess up, or don't say it at all and look nice in the eyes of the public. If he had admitted to saying it intitially, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have hurt his career as much as dragging it out has.