Download Festival

ravenjuice

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why have they chosen this year to rename the stage? Seems odd. And yeah, another influx of tributes to look forward to.

And Monday? Doubtful.

I have a horrid feeling every band will be saying "And we dedicate this next song.."

It was nice originally, but I'll admit I'm a bit bored of it now.

Yeah, I'm a big pantera fan, always have been...well, since I was thirteen, but I didn't know him by name until after he died. It's all a bit late really, and I think it's to shut up all the people complaining about the lineup and the order. But as long as we don't get dedication after dedication, it'll be alright I think.

Okay, so I've decided this morning me and my Dad are definitely gonna be coming.

We've made a shortlist of what to take:

Tickets

Tent

Clothes

Food

Drink

Cooler

Mini-Stove

Torch

Phone

Deoderant

Mouthwash

Anyone wanna throw in ideas on what else should/shouldn't be taken?

Also, I'm guessing you can buy booze on-site or am I wrong?

Anything else I need to know, since it's my first time?

Okay, so I've decided this morning me and my Dad are definitely gonna be coming.

We've made a shortlist of what to take:

Tickets

Tent

Clothes

Food

Drink

Cooler

Mini-Stove

Torch

Phone

Deoderant

Mouthwash

Anyone wanna throw in ideas on what else should/shouldn't be taken?

Also, I'm guessing you can buy booze on-site or am I wrong?

You'll also want Sun Cream and make sure that your 'Clothes' includes a decent hat. If the weather is anything like last year, it'll be hotter than satans oven. Some cheap sunglasses wouldn't hurt either. Primark have some for like £2 which actually don't look horrible, and it won't be too bad if you lose them.

It also won't hurt to have a small pouch or belt wallet with..

Headache tablets

Anti allergy tablets

Anti diarrhea tablets

Those things that settle your stomach

Throat lozenges

Oh and you're going to want to pick up some cheap extra batterys for your phone, especially if you're going up on the wednesday. It doesn't hurt to have too many, and the battery drains fast when you're texting and phoning friends to update them on which stage your near.

Oh, and I think I'm going to buy a wind up radio. You can pick up Downloads radio station during the course of the event, which keeps you updated with news and that, and plays music from the bands. It'll give you something to listen to in the mornings, and the wednesday/thursday before the event.

My mate bought us tickets the other day, so I'm going to my first festival! :D

Looking forward to Maiden. When are the last bands usually announced? I know the line-up is pretty full now, I was just wondering.

Depends which campsite you're in. One of the sites can see the main stage, although it's at a bit of an angle. And there's nothing to stop you bringing a deck chair into the actual arena and watching from up on the hill.

Yeh, and the Snickers tent is fucking miles away too thanks to the one way system, I only really went there to see Devildriver twice, and both times where most excellent. Luckily I could hear Billy Talent from our tent in Gold Zone last year too.