Download Festival

ravenjuice

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less than a month to go, and we're delighted to announce 17 more bands to join the 2007 line-up. Silverstein, My Alamo, Fastway, Cat The Dog, Damone, Voodoo Six, Priestess, In This Moment, Fair To Midland, As I Lay Dying, Flood Of Red, Army Of Freshman, Lost Alone, Eliot Minor, Cynic, Panic Cell and Architects are the latest bands to be added to an impressive bill that will exceed 100 bands.

You may notice there has been a slight move around in bands to the schedule. My Vitriol will now play the Dimebag Darrell Stage on the Saturday. This will be My Vitriol’s first performance at a festival in five years and their Download debut. This stage move will help facilitate the demand to see the band, due to the extra capacity of the Dimebag Darrell Stage.

----

I'm fucking excited for Silverstein, As I lay Dying & Elliot Minor.

Edited by Nerf

So.. has anyone sketched out a route yet?

I mean, based on the running orders... just roughly, I'm thinking about...

Friday... Start on the Main Stage with The Zico Chain, who are amazing staying for Buckcherry.. maybe going for a beer during Hinder, or going over to the Dimebag Stage for Turbonegro, then back to the main stage for Megadeth and Dragonforce.. then as soon as DF finish, off to Tuborg for Hayseed Dixie and Suicidal Tendancies. If My Chem perform on their own, I'll watch from the back like I did with GnR last year. If it overlaps with Suicidal Tendancies, it's ST all the way.

Saturday.. I think I'll be at the Main Stage all day, though I might go for a walkabout during Shadows Fall/Aiden/30 Seconds To Mars.. hopefully discover a new favourite band on one of the other stages. Turisas, Hellyeah, Bowling For Soup, Machine Head, Slayer, Manson and Linkin Park all need to be watched though.

Sunday I'm not sure about.. flip a coin for the first band, then main stage for Reuben... then probably over to Dimebag for Chiamera and to get a position for Devil Driver and the worlds largest pit, then back to the main for Mastodon, Lamb of God, Stonesour, KSEm stick around through Evanesence, then watch Iron Maiden. I'd like to see Reel Big Fish, but I want to see a whole 'Classic' Iron Maiden set. When I went to see them before, it was the Matter of Life and Death Tour.

I'll decide my route when I know the times. I just know.. Turisas, Hardcore Superstar, LP, Iron Maiden, Ill Nino, Buckcherry, Devil Driver, Dragonforce and a couple others are high on my list. A couple of clashes seem likely, so I'm not pleased.

Must See:

Iron Maiden

Dragonforce

Very-Close-To-Must-See:

Dream Theatre

Killswitch Engage

Marilyn Manson

Megadeth

Would Also Like To See:

Within Temptation

Linkin Park

My Chemical Romance

Must See:

Devildriver

Napalm Death

Job For A Cowboy

Machine Head

Mastodon

Very-Close-To-Must-See:

Turbonegro

Iron Maiden

Lamb Of God

Unearth

Marilyn Manson

Wouldn't Also Mind Seeing:

Architects

Dream Theater

Dimmu Borgir

Gallows

Motley Crue

Shadows Fall

Megadeth

From Autumn To Ashes

Suicidal Tendencies

Must See:

Hardcore Superstar

Iron Maiden

Buckcherry

Very-Close-To-Must-See:

Dragonforce

Korn

Megadeth

Marilyn Manson

Slayer

Velvet Revolver

Wouldn't Also Mind Seeing:

Aiden

Billy Talent

Bowling For Soup

Linkin Park

Machine Head

Motley Crue

Papa Roach

Edited by Slic_Ric

So, turns out I might be able to get time off for this. Is it too late though? I've never been to Download before, just considered it. Is there allocated tickets or do they just keep selling?

So, turns out I might be able to get time off for this. Is it too late though? I've never been to Download before, just considered it. Is there allocated tickets or do they just keep selling?
From a few pages back in the thread:

I'm going to Bloodstock instead of Download, but I have a general festival question as this'll be my first:

Do tickets sell out? I mean, there must be a maximum number of people that can go, right?

So would it be better to buy my tickets now and ebay them if I can't make it, or buy them in mid-Julyish, when I know I can go? Bloodstock is in mid-August, so... yeah.

Also, is anyone else from EWB going to Bloodstock?

Epica, Korpiklaani, Nevermore, Finntroll, InFlames, Dream Evil, possibly Blind Guardian...