Madrid in for another 'galactico'

G-O-D

MADRID, May 13 (Reuters) - Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has pledged to sign another of the world's leading players less than a week after the club were condemned to finishing without a major trophy for the first time in five seasons.

'There will be an exciting new signing,' Perez was quoted as saying in sports daily Marca on Thursday.

Real, who bought England captain David Beckham at the start of the season, saw their last chance of winning a trophy disappear on Sunday when Valencia wrapped up the Spanish title with two games left.

Despite the fact they now have to battle arch-rivals Barcelona for the runners-up spot and an automatic place in next season's Champions League, Perez does not view the season as a failure.

'I wouldn't say it was that bad because we had a good season up until the final month and a half,' said Perez who has hinted that he will seek re-election as president in July.

'We all had very great expectations but to call it a bad season would be wrong -- that would be the case if we had finished sixth in the table.

'I think that our own ambition and the desire to win everything took its toll on the players.'

Spanish media have reported that Real will dismiss coach Carlos Queiroz at the end of the season and look to sign several new players.

Former Spain coach and long-time Real Madrid player Jose Antonio Camacho has been widely tipped as a replacement if Queiroz is discarded.

On the playing side, Argentina central defender Walter Samuel, his AS Roma team mate Francesco Totti, Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy and Real Sociedad midfielder Xabi Alonso have been touted as possible new recruits.

Source.

I think Samuel will go to Chelsea, besides, Madrid are not known for buying defenders.

Real Sociedad wants a high price for Xabi, which Madrid are unwilling to meet. And I don't think Xabi is well-known enough to be able to be a 'galactico'.

So, Totti or Van Nistelrooy? And how will Madrid lineup if they manage to land either of them with Raul, Ronaldo, Zidane and Beckham in the squad?

I don't think Ruud will leave, he's had some of his best years at United and he is guaranteed a first team place. If he joins Real, he'd be lower in the pecking order behind Raul and Ronaldo (Unless Ronaldo leaves). Not only that, but he's also denied going to Real many times.

Totti, however, has never denied it and he has stated that if he did leave Roma, it would be for Real Madrid.

Both players are worldclass, but in the end, I think that Totti would be the safer bet.

05/13/2004. Walter Samuel could be announced as Real Madrid's newest signing this coming Monday, according to Spanish daily 'Marca'.

The Roma defender is the subject of bids from both Real and Chelsea, but has expressed a clear desire to link up with the likes of Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane and Raul at the Bernabeu.

The contacts between both clubs began ten days ago, and it is believed that an agreement could soon be reached.

At the moment Real are offering 15 million euros, and Chelsea have put 25 million on the table, but the player's wish is to join the Spanish giants. It is even reported that he is willing to move to Real and earn less than he would do at Chelsea.

Source: SA Europe

A good move by Real, if it does happen, they've concentrating on offense and obviously, it hasn't been working as weel as they wanted it to.

Guest I Bleed Red

Ruud's going nowhere.

Just signed a new deal, he himself has constantly denied his leaving.

Besides, even if they agree a fee, he can just reject the offer and I think that would keep him at United wouldn't it?

Ruud's going nowhere.

Just signed a new deal, he himself has constantly denied his leaving.

Besides, even if they agree a fee, he can just reject the offer and I think that would keep him at United wouldn't it?

Beckham did some of those things; all if I remember correctly. He had recently(ish) signed a new contract and kept denying he was going anywhere.

If the team isn't winning things, you can never rule out a move. The way Man Utd have been this year, it'll take a lot to convince RVN to stay.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Man U won't sell RVN, they have enough money in the bank now to go and buy players, even if they sell Ruud for £3Om they won't be able to buy a better striker for that.

As far as I'm aware too Perez might not be President of Real next season as he has elections coming up, and his opponent has made his views clear on Madrid's signing policy. If a new president is appointed, then the idea of The Galactico's may be a thing of the past, and Madrid's interest in signing Ruud may cool off.

How old are you lot? I'm 13 and even i know you don't take a players, or managers word as if it was 100% true. Football is a business and they need business men with these things.

It's like a lawyer saying that his client done nothing wrong even though he just shot 4 people dead.

How old are you lot? I'm 13 and even i know you don't take a players, or managers word as if it was 100% true. Football is a business and they need business men with these things.

It's like a lawyer saying that his client done nothing wrong even though he just shot 4 people dead.

We are just speculating. No one is saying that RVN/Totti WILL BE going to Madrid. It might not be 100% true, hell, it might be 80%, 50%, or even 10%, that doesn't matter. The point is, these are rumors from a credible source, so, we are speculating on that.

Yes, Football is a business, but we don't need business men with these things. Players, managers and chairmen are the ones involved in transfers.

YOU are the 13 year old who don't know football.

I want RVN at Liverpool. :'(

Dreaming is good, my friend.

YOU are the 13 year old who don't know football.

I am 13, sorry i didn't ask to be born earlier, and i beg to differ, i do know football. I'm not your typical fan who supports Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal BECOZ THEY have MonEY n stuf~~, not saying you support Chelsea because of that either. I support Sunderland, and i can hear the typical "then you obviously don't know about football if you support them" comments coming from someone, well if they'd be so kind to show me the section in the rule book that says you have to support a good team then i'll support Carlisle ¬_¬. G-O-D i was mainly referrering to the people saying "Nistelrooy won't go because he said so"

Also when does "YOU are 13" have anything to do with me saying "How old are you lot?" To be honest the majority of people sound like 6 year olds who think they'll play for Brazil one day.

And Ravey, if we play like we did in the second half for this next tie and have the crowd get behind us we will wipe Crystal Palace on the floor. They couldn't handle us when he applied the pressure and they cracked, then we did, and it was back and forth like that. We're a capable side with a good manager. However it goes to show what missing a star like Arca can do, and no Byfield dented the pace up front for us. Then again i don't know about football, do i G-O-D?