Heartbreaking Defeat

Hajjhowe

The worst defeat was probably my first year in this hockey league in my town. We were probably the worst team in the entire league, but when it came to the playoffs we were hot, and reached the finals. We were down one nothing until the third period where I got a garbage goal after the goalie let up a bit. Then in overtime, I was defending my one friend going down the rink, and I tried tipping the puck off his stick, instead he ripped it off my shin guard and it hit the post and went in.

The two years later, we were pretty much undefeated, and it comes to the championship game, with no score with less than a minute left, the other team tries to dump it down the length of the ice, but it is heading towards the net, and it just hits our goalies pads and trickles in.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

October 1999, I was a freshman in HS and I was on the JV Football team. The last game of the season; and the coach promises everyone will play. Now, I'll admit, I wasn't the best player on the team, but I at least hoped that the coach would be a man of his word and follow through.

Nope. The fucker kept going for a futile attempt out of a fucked up formation to try to win. None of the second-stringers or benchwarmers got to play, and we lost. . . :angry:

About a year ago, I made it into this big football team (soccer). It would be the equivalent of representing your state and I was extremely proud of myself I made it. I had been playing the best football I ever had (usually I get extremely nervous when playing football, for some reason) But when i played for this team, I had no nerves at all and, not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm pretty sure I had a pretty good chance of making it into my national team. So, I was at the big tournament with all the big teams and we play our first match and we destroy the oposition 5-0. Fast forward to about ten minutes into the second match and I have the ball, and am running down the wing when suddenly, my whole leg gives way and I collapse on the ground in pain. It was that random. My hopes and dreams had shattered as well as my left calf muscle. needless to say I was oyut for the rest of the tournament and about a month after it. My doctor told me it was a 40 year old man kind of injury :shifty:

I guess that counts as a defeat.