Heartbreaking Defeat

Hajjhowe

Both of the Cups this year:

Carling Cup 2nd Rd - Leicester 2 - 3 Aston Villa - AET

Went to this game and it was possibly the greatest game i've ever seen. At the time we had major injury problems, playing two defenders in midfield. We dominate for the first five minutes - then Angel goes down the other end to make it 1-0 Villa. We fight back and Stearman makes it 1-1. Then right on half time the referee gave a penalty for Petrov diving in the box, 2-1 Villa right on half time. Everyone was down at half time, but we went for it throughout the second half and finally in the 84th minute made it 2-2 from a corner. Then, right in the 94th minute Mark Cuntenburg gave ANOTHER Villa peno. This time though Henderson pulled off the most amazing penatly save ever! 2-2 and into extra time. We were tired and in the 119th minute Agbonlahor had a speculative effort that hit Alan Maybury and went into the net :( Out of the Carling Cup when it looked like going to penalties.

FA Cup 3rd Rd Replay - Fulham 4 - 3 Leicester

Nearly went to this game but decided we'd loose, didn't think i'd be right after the first half. We went 2-1 up going into half time at Craven Cottage, which it seems every other Premiership team struggles to get anything from. Then James Wesolowski made a hell of a shot that made it 3-1 in the 50th minute, we were as good as through. Then Montella came on, he got it back level with 15 to go and in the 94th minute Routledge gets played in - even though the referee blew his whistle, our players didn't know what was going on as he put the ball in the net to make it 4-3. Fucks sake.

It's an eventful life being a Leicester fan, fucking hell.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As 'reward' for my old Sunday League teams run to the Scottish Cup 6th round we had to play 12 games in 4 weeks to fit all our games in at the end of the season, and we needed 12 wins to win the league.

We get 11 wins, but our last match of the season is 2 days after our goalkeeper goes in for a hernia operation, so we lose 3-0 thanks to our dodgy stand in keeper, one of my best mates gets sent off and threatens to give the ref a doing and we have to stand and watch as the team who were top just have to watch us get beat and then celebrate winning the league. Gutting.

Also, St Johnstone's League Cup semi final defeat against Hibs a couple of weeks ago was pretty gutting, as was Liverpool's defeat in the FA Cup final to Man Utd when Cantona scored with 10 minutes to go.

Ah, quality. Always cool to see other Saints fans in unexpected places.

I've got a season ticket but with working at 5 every saturday, makes it a bit akward for going so I've barely been this season. Last game I was at was the 4-3 win over Airdrie. Frustrating stuff. Looks like where stuck where we are though after getting beat by the coags today though, which is a bit shite.

(bear in mind I was 11/12 at the time so hardly Michael Vaughan in the captaincy stakes)

Wow, so those field placings were like, super awesome?

I have a crook back, result of being crunched both in aussie rules football and being landed on by a bigger kid when I was young..but with our hockey team's goalie rotation, games were scarce for me.

So in this game for me, I head out to play and needless to say, i'm a bit stiff. We were 2-0 down early, came back to tie it up 2-2, and I allow the game winning goal in the last 5 minutes on a shot that goes merely a foot to my side because my back just wouldn't let my leg go out. It was like a dream sequence thingy - It was slow motion, I kept reaching with my leg and it just kept..not moving. After the game I collapsed to the grass in the team meeting, crying from the disappointment and pain.

After tonight, I can add Newcastle's loss on penalties to Adelaide in the A-League preliminary final. Not only does that mean we won't get a chance to beat Melbourne and become premiers, but it also means we again miss out on qualification for the Asian Club Championship. My hatred for Adelaide knows no bounds.

Rugby east midlands youth cup semi-final game away to Northampton. It'd been a tight phyiscal game and we were up by a try after a missed conversion. Seven minutes to go and my opposite number came across the lineout and punched me once the ball had gone away I resumed chasing the ball but pushed him away... He took a hokey dive and the touch judge who just by coincidence happened to be one of their coaches following a late switch flags and tells the referee I'd punched him off the ball... Minor debate over the incident and we get knocked back 10 yards and I'm sin-binned for the remainder of the tie. We lost by two points after a converted try when they out pushed our forwards with me missing.

Luton 3 - 5 Liverpool

I was there, and when we went 3-1 up I really beleived we could hold out. However. Liverpool just kept scoring and we got tired and after Sinima(sp?)-Pongolle scored the fourth I knew it was over. Then Xavi Alonso scored 'That' Goal and it was all over. What a game though, but pretty gutting, Liverpool went on to win the FA Cup, but I can safely say we almost knocked them out in round three.

Guest Anti-Hero

As a player:

* Breaking a 50 metre run in rugby (not bad for a 112kg second rower), knocking two defenders on their arses only to try and offload 10 metres out and knock on. We went on to draw and miss out on the finals. Also, when we actually made the semis the year prior, we got eliminated after a 14-5 loss (but I scored the consolation try on the death).

* School football. In both union and league, the mighty Bede Polding College was a force to be reckoned with. Undefeated in both codes (one draw in union), we stormed to the finals of both the UWS Cup (union) and the Hawkesbury Shield (league). In the UWS Cup final, we got smacked by Blue Mountains Grammar 47-7. As for our "untouchable" league team, some egos got in the way and we ended up losing what should have been an unlosable game 16-14.

As a fan:

* Rugby World Cup Final, 2003: Every time Wilkinson sized up for a drop goal, I cringed. That bastard. I mean, England did win fair and square but it was still a bit gay.

* NRL Preliminary Final, 2004: The Penrith Panthers' dream of back-to-back premierships is shattered by the Bulldogs.

* Super 12, 2005: After a gun season, the NSW Waratahs bowed out of the finals after losing to the Crusaders.

* World Cup Finals, Round 2:

060627_SN_DivingFoulEX.jpg

Look at him smile his little muppet smile. Cock.

(bear in mind I was 11/12 at the time so hardly Michael Vaughan in the captaincy stakes)

Wow, so those field placings were like, super awesome?

I have a crook back, result of being crunched both in aussie rules football and being landed on by a bigger kid when I was young..but with our hockey team's goalie rotation, games were scarce for me.

So in this game for me, I head out to play and needless to say, i'm a bit stiff. We were 2-0 down early, came back to tie it up 2-2, and I allow the game winning goal in the last 5 minutes on a shot that goes merely a foot to my side because my back just wouldn't let my leg go out. It was like a dream sequence thingy - It was slow motion, I kept reaching with my leg and it just kept..not moving. After the game I collapsed to the grass in the team meeting, crying from the disappointment and pain.

When I was something like 13, we were in semi-final for Finnish championship. We controlled the game and we had dozens of chances to score a goal, but the game to the over time in 2-2 situation. During the overtime, the opponent got a free stroke from the free-stroke spot. The took a bounce from the wall and hitted to post before bouncing from my skate to the goal. It was something like the most unfortunate goal you can imagine and it disappoints 13 year-old guy, especially when it was our team's first loss ever...

When I was something like 13, we were in semi-final for Finnish championship. We controlled the game and we had dozens of chances to score a goal, but the game to the over time in 2-2 situation. During the overtime, the opponent got a free stroke from the free-stroke spot. The took a bounce from the wall and hitted to post before bouncing from my skate to the goal. It was something like the most unfortunate goal you can imagine and it disappoints 13 year-old guy, especially when it was our team's first loss ever...

Those type of goals just make you want to burn your skates and buy new ones.

• 2 weeks later...