What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Ironman 2 wasn't as good as the first, but I enjoyed it all the same. Trying to round up all the MCU films I haven't seen yet, so onto Ironman 3 shortly! If anyone can direct me to a place on line to watch Winter Soldier and The Dark World, I would appreciate it :P

I really enjoyed Ironman 3 even if the plot twist was terrible, in my opinion. Onto Thor 2!

Tomorrowland: A World Beyond was enjoyable and good fun for a couple of hours. Mixed reviews from the critics (Kermode seemed reasonably positive about it on the BBC this week, as did the Guardian who rated it highly, but others less so), but I really liked it. Did the whole IMAX thing for the first time and I enjoyed that too. It's a Disney film so it's kinda cheesy in a few parts, although a bit darker than your standard which was interesting, but the cast did a great job and the visuals are simply outstanding.

It's worth a look, and Britt Robertson :wub: stole the show. She's a bit wonderful.

Class of '92 was a nice little documentary. Though notable by his absence was Alex Ferguson. Why they got Tony Blair in there and not Fergie is beyond me.

I watched this the other night on ITV4, and yeah that was strange. Isn't Blair a Newcastle fan? Liked the use of the Manchester bands in there though.

Not even a Manchester United fan but thoroughly enjoyed it. That United team were great to watch, I was at that Villa Park semi-final replay with my dad (who was a United fan) and it blew my mind. Closest thing to the Lisbon Lions in terms of the whole youth setup thing and I don't know if we'll see anything of it's like here in the Premier League for a long while.

Edited by OrlandoTrustfull
  • Like 1

As much as I hated Man U as a kid/teen (I had a LOT of glory grabbing friends), I can't deny their class. They were a league of their own, and it's nice to see that their comraderie was just as real as I imagined.

Currently watching Robocop [2014] and it's kind of hit my mood well. Shitty people doing shitty things and good people doing shitty things, seems about right. Still much prefer the original, but it's a serviceable reboot.

Ironman 2 wasn't as good as the first, but I enjoyed it all the same. Trying to round up all the MCU films I haven't seen yet, so onto Ironman 3 shortly! If anyone can direct me to a place on line to watch Winter Soldier and The Dark World, I would appreciate it :P

I really enjoyed Ironman 3 even if the plot twist was terrible, in my opinion. Onto Thor 2!

You're terrible :@ The plot twist was transparent but so fucking worth it.

Scooby-Doo and The Loch Ness Monster (seriously, how many of these bloody films are there, Boomerang?) Is terrible. These films seem to venture between entertainingly self-aware and downright shit. Still waiting for them to air WrestleMania Mystery though :(

According to Wikipedia there are 24 Direct-to-video films, 2 theatrical films, 2 live-action telefilms, 8 television specials and animated telefilms, 8 Direct-to-Video Specials and 1 Puppet direct-to-video film.

So depending on the availability of the telefilms, you've got a ways to go

Edited by I Diem
  • Like 1

You're terrible :@ The plot twist was transparent but so fucking worth it.

I thought it was the other way around, I didn't expect it and thought it was terrible :P I still enjoyed the film, the end fight scene was wonderful and I really enjoyed the side plot with the kid as a change of pace. I just expected a better endgame from the whole terrorist bit since that's what the first half of the film is about :P

According to Wikipedia there are 24 Direct-to-video films, 2 theatrical films, 2 live-action telefilms, 8 television specials and animated telefilms, 8 Direct-to-Video Specials and 1 Puppet direct-to-video film.

What have I got myself into? >_>

What have I got myself into? >_>
Just watch Scooby Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf and call it a day.

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey. Visually and technically stunning, and aside from the humans in ape costumes, it would stand up incredibly well even if made today. It got a bit tedious at times when it made pieces too long, but otherwise I loved it.

Ever seen a trailer for a movie and think `well, it could be crap, but I like the cast, so I'll give it a shot?'. That happened with me and The Voices.

It has Ryan Reynolds and Anna Kendrick in it, and that's sadly about the only good thing I can say about it.

I have absolutely no clue what Netflix will send next. Of the top 5 movies in the queue, Taken 3, The Cobbler, and Tracers are all listed as short waits. The two that are not are Spare Parts and Wild Card.