What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

wotw.jpg

War of the Worlds: 7.5/10

For the most part, I enjoyed it. The main characters were all good, but the ending seemed like a copout (not the aliens/bacteria thing). His son just... turning up without any real explanation as to how he survived really sucked. I know they needed to oh-so lovely Hollywood ending, but still. That dragged it down from a possible 9 to 7.5.

War of the Worlds 8/10

Very good film. Very well acted, great camera work and effects. The part with the guy in the basement (about 3/4 the way through) dragged on a bit though, the film does go slightly south from there on in. It was better with him simply running. Still a VERY good film, that I recommend.

Love Actually 7/10

Dont normally go for Rom-Coms. This one is OK, has a few funny bits, but not a great deal. Also, a few too many stories possibly - they either seem un-neccesary, or just too short (or just crap). Some good stories though, and it isn't bad overall.

Coach Carter - 7/10

This is such a good sports movie, although perhaps it'd be better considered an "anti-Sports movie". The emphasis is on the societal conditions faced by the students, and how a strong willed coach helped them overcome these conditions, and Samuel L Jackson's performance makes it work in spades. This is a must see. Thumbs up.

Hitman Hart: Wrestling With Shadows - 8/10

The best sports documentary ever.

FerrisBuellerBig.gif

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - 9/10

I liked it so much, I can't stop quoting it.

Too bad it is older than any of my friends, and half of them aren't even aware of Matthew Broderick.

So go figure

Edited by Jester of Death

lotr_trilogyset.jpg

The Lord Of the Rings Trilogy - 10/10.

I finally really got to sit down and give all three films my full attention. They really are some of the best films EVER made. Great story, great acting, great special effect/make-up/etc, great camera effects, great everything. There were some bits that were annoying, like all the Elvishness that dragged on (and on) and the fact it dragged on a bit with the story basically 'Sam & Frodo Walk A Bit', 'Man Tempted By Ring', 'Gollum Appears', repeated until lumpy. But they truly are modern day classics and if you have not seen these (if there are people who haven't), go see these NOW. They're just great fun to watch.

hostage.jpg

Hostage - 8/10.

Not a typical action film, had some interesting twists, but overall there was something missing. And that girl was fucking hot.

poster1_full.jpg

Meet The Fockers - 7/10.

Interesting, but not that funny. I never seen Meet The Parents, and I don't think you really have to to get this. Not as good as people say it is.

P3251969.jpg

Ray - 7/10.

It's more of a vague reconstruction of actual events, and is quite a moving film. But in the end, it dragged on a LOT, and the end was inconclusive. The music was great though, and Jamie Foxx is a great actor.

B0001GOH6Q.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Big Fish - 9/10

I'll admit it, I'm a Tim Burton fan and while I have liked his wide variety of solid films, there's always been those nagging things that took away from them. For example, his Batman was too cheesy, his Mars Attacks was too weird, and his Planet of the Apes was...well...you get the picture. And to be fair, I felt the start of Big Fish was rather slow, but once it got into gear, I was amazed how much imagination went into the film. It feels like it should, a surreal experience, except put into reality. There's solid development put into the characters, as you see men like the hardened Danny DeVito and the stubborn Billy Crudup learn from their mistakes. It's a great mix of pivotal drama, tall tale lore, and sweet love story, and it all fits well.

As a director, Tim Burton may never have truly hit his slide until this feature. Yes, even a guy who has directed several solid movies before this can improve. Big Fish is one of those films that captures our eyes and ears, but mostly captures our hearts. Bravo to Tim Burton for realizing the height of his potential.

Fantastic Four - 4/10

It's all setup and demonstration, and naming and discussing and demonstrating, and it never digests the complications of the Fantastic Four and gets on to telling a compelling story.
Edited by ACCBiggz

B0001GNJT2.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Scarface - 9/10 Not as violent as people have told me IMO, but still a good movie, Al Pacino is great in it. When I was watching It i thought it would make a good game like the GTA series then I find out it is coming out as a game so that should be good also

Will be watching Carlito's Way next...Al Pacino night oh yeah

Edited by ~The Missionary Guy~

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

War of the Worlds - 2/10, possibly the worst movie I have ever seen, overrated, over-priced, over the top, shit.