What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Inside Man 8/10

Very good, almost great film. Aside from being very well directed and shot and all that Jazz, the story is good if slightly implausible at times. Its an enjoyable watch and I'm really liking the random humour in it, it can be really funny in places. Does have some good performances from Washington and Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Owen brings more of the awesome. I dont really see the point in Jodie Fosters character at all, or sub-plot involving her and the bank Chairman (Christopher Plummer) - it also sucks - but it does provide a distraction from the hostage stuff I guess.

The film could do with ending before it ends, but overall a very enjoyable flick.

Edited by timmayy smothers

TheInsideManPoster.jpg

Inside Man: 7/10

Its a good film, nothing really special, but still etertaining.

A Streetcar Named Desire

Wife beating, drinking, rape, racism, descent into madness.....

Quite a depressing film really though a MASTERPIECE in acting from Marlon Brando who puts everyone else in the shade. He gets 10/10, the actress who plays Stella gets 7/10 and the actress who plays Blanche is frankly poor. It may be because, after studying it at school and watching it twice, the Blanche character annoys the hell outta me, as well as her trying to split up Stella and Stanley.

I can see Stanley's frustration (although of course disagree with his violent outbursts and ultimately the rape) but his obvious lack of schooling or etiquette means he has trouble showing himself in any other way than sheer animal instinct.

Brando oozes brooding charisma and makes this film completely watchable.

B00003CXR4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: 9/10