Sony Picture making Metal Gear Movie

ragbag

Isn't Michael Biehn the fellow that plays Reese in the first Terminator movie? If so, then I like the idea.

I could see Gene Hackman as the Colonel, and possibly Leonardo Dicaprio as Raiden if they tossed him in for some reason. Leo could pull off the "I'm a bit gay but still a good soldier" part.

For some reason I had Val Kilmer and Brad Pitt come to mind for Liquid Snake. I feel like I should hate myself for both.

Another idea, what about that dude who played Wolverine in the X-Men movies as Snake? He might be a pretty good choice for the role.

Hugh Jackman is NOT Solid Snake, dear God no.

Kurt Russell is Solid Snake, absolutely no question.

The rest of the cast is a little more negotiable, I've been seeing some great suggestions on other boards like Victor Garber for Col. Campbell, Danny Glover for DARPA Chief or Sean Bean for Liquid Snake.

Hugh Jackman is NOT Solid Snake, dear God no.

Kurt Russell is Solid Snake, absolutely no question.

The rest of the cast is a little more negotiable, I've been seeing some great suggestions on other boards like Victor Garber for Col. Campbell, Danny Glover for DARPA Chief or Sean Bean for Liquid Snake.

I'm just trying to go outside the box a bit, I guess assuming Russel for some reason wouldn't be considered by casting.

The others I sort of based on looks from the codec conversations.

Failing the obvious Kurt Russell casting, I could see Adam Baldwin as a quality badass of a Snake, and I would acknowledge it, accept it and embrace either member of our fine world becoming Mr Snake.

That would certainly be some fanboy casting, but I'd be all for it. Really, besides Russell, which I still say would be a sin to not cast in this role, the only other big name I could see playing Snake would be Kiefer Sutherland. Especially if they bring back Kiefer's sweet Lost Boys mullet.

Still, I think Hamster has the right idea though. We'll probably see mostly unknowns, with maybe one big name in a supporting role. I see Campbell or Liquid maybe as a big name actor with the rest of the cast being relatively-unknowns. Still, no Russell means they'd have to bring out a damn good movie for me to see it.