Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Thread

PkmnTrainerJ

Basics

The DS can play online?

Yes. Via, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

What do I need?

You need a DS, and a Wi-Fi compatible game. Without a wireless home connection, you will however need a Wi-Fi USB connector for your laptop/computer.

With a wireless connection, you will not need anything else, but your DS and a wi-fi compatible games.

I don't have wireless internet. Can I still play somewhere?

There's so many wireless hotspots where you can for free. Check for any near you here. Then go onto the WFC on your game and search for a connection at the hotspot and then get connected!

Awesome. What do I use this friend code for?

Give that code to other people, or post it here, and then people will be able to see when you're online and can race/battle/visit your town.

I can't battle someone on the list. Whats up with that?

Check you have the friend code right, and that the other person is currently online.

Finding your Main Wii code

You can find your Wii Code by going into the message board and selecting Address Book. You'll also need to tell us your Console Nickname.

Finding Other Friend Codes For The Wii

I'm actually not sure how to do this, due to Pokemon Battle Revolution being the only Wii Wi-Fi game out and it only being out in Japan. When I know, I shall edit this and put it there.

Edited by Desmond David Hume

So, I'm thinking of sorting out Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and any other games we get a few more codes for, events for next weekend.

Because we now have eight Mario Karters, there will be a tournament if everyone plays and it will play a little like so:

Players 1, 2, 3 and 4 play against each other at 1pm.

Players 2 and 4 lose (i.e. get 3rd and 4th)

Players 5, 6, 7 and 8 play against each other at 1.30pm.

Players 5 and 6 lose and then play against players 2 and 4 to determine 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th.

Players 1, 3, 7 and 8 all play to determine 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th at 1.45pm.

And for Animal Crossing we can simply have multiple Host towns.

When is everyone free however?

You can find your Wii Code by going into the message board and selecting Address Book. You'll also need to tell us your Console Nickname.

If we can get four people, we'll have some MK right now.

Your main Wii code is mainly for exchanging Mii's and sending one another messages on the Wii.

Edited by Desmond David Hume

I managed to get myself onto Animal Crossing: Wild World for the first time in two months today (as my villagers all pointed out!) Either way hopefully I can keep this going but I'm pretty swamped with coursework, so I'll refrain from entering any organised events for now, however if you contact me on MSN or something someone who has Animal Crossing: Wild World or Mario Kart DS then maybe we can arrange a time to meet up.

Also I'm thinking of getting a new game, games that have crossed my mind are The Sims 2: Pets (which I'm not too interest in getting for PC, but meh), Topspin Tennis 2 (which will probably be better to get for the PS2) or Nintendogs. However, if anyone else has some good suggestions, I'm willing to listen :)

• 1 month later...

I got Mario Kart a couple of weeks ago, and whilst I suck and am sure you guys will destroy me, my friend code is 485-425-999-094.

And if you're still after Top Spin 2, I saw it in Toys R Us about an hour ago for a tenner.

By the by, would not be far easier to have a friend code that's locked into your DS rather than having a different code for each bastard game? I've got Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, but I can't be arsed to dig it out and get the friend code for it at the moment. Oh, and I now have apples, pears cherries and coconuts in my town on Animal Crossing, rawk.