Championship Manager 03/04

Darloboy

Yeah, so I figured that someone should create a new thread for this seeing as the old one was pretty popular.

In my current game I'm West Ham in my second season, won the Division 1 title first season, I'm currently 7th in the Prem after 11 games.

David Bellion is a god, and if you want a good young striker get Ben Mackey from Coventry, he's an excellent goalscorer.

*I* haven't got CM03/04, because I bought CM4 back when I had my old computer only to realise that the machine was too shit for it. I do now have a laptop that is far superior, but buying CM03/04 at this stage in the year would just be silly.

However...in CM4 I've started a game as Chelsea and am realising how much I suck at this game (having not played it in 18 months...and being too used to CM3), as I currently having only 13pts from 11 games.

I ruled all from CM99/00 up to 01/02 I swear. :(

*I* haven't got CM03/04, because I bought CM4 back when I had my old computer only to realise that the machine was too shit for it. I do now have a laptop that is far superior, but buying CM03/04 at this stage in the year would just be silly.

However...in CM4 I've started a game as Chelsea and am realising how much I suck at this game (having not played it in 18 months...and being too used to CM3), as I currently having only 13pts from 11 games.

I ruled all from CM99/00 up to 01/02 I swear. :(

Same here. I found CM4 way too difficult. CM03/04 is easier though.

Well, I've just done a treble with Barcelona, knocking out Chelsea in the CL final, beating Villarreal in the Spanish Cup final, and won the league with quite a few games more to go in my second season.

So, two trebles in two seasons, let's see if I can do a third. :)

My current Fulham game is goin ok, just beat Chelsea 3-2. I'm getting 12.5M for Saha in January which really helps my transfer budget. I'm looking to get a couple of bosmans coming in too.

I have just started what my friend likes to call 'The Woking Challenge': Take over Woking and see what you can do. I have brought in some decent free signings like Steve Torpey, Nicky Hill and Paul McGregor. Oh yeah, and if you want a good free player at the start of the season look for Nicola Dikoumeh. OH MY GOD is this guy good, he is like a running brick wall, I tell you

Guest srfcdp

I started off with Liverpool and finished second in my first season. I managed to buy Alan Smith off Leeds and Zigor Aranalde off Walsall (my dad was born there so I kind of like 'em). Aranalde was one of the best defenders in the Premier League. My second season was just as good as we won the FA Cup and League Cup. We also finished third in the Premier League and were beaten quarter finalists in the Champions League (losing 2-1 to Real Madrid with Ronaldo getting an injury time winner!)

However I was finding it a bit too easy, so I had a look at the list of jobs availible - that's when I saw that my home town, Stafford Rangers had just been promoted to the Conference and were managerless. I took that job and I lead them to the top of the Conference in my first season. I bought Wade Elliott from Bournemouth and also someone else (which I can't remember and I'm at school so I can't look). Now we're struggling in the third division and need to get 7 points from the last 4 games and hope other results go our way. Will I be able to do it??

Edited by srfcdp

However I was finding it a bit too easy, so I had a lok at the list of jobs availible - that's when I saw that my home town, Stafford Rangers had just been promoted to the Conference and were managerless.

*Waits in eager anticipation for the day that New Bradwell St. Peter get promoted 3 or 4 divisions up to the Conference* ;)

Wait, they're not even in the game? Way to spoil my dream...arsehole.

Random update on my CM4 Chelsea game, which with the Official Enhanced Pack Update starts in the summer when they'd just got rich but hadn't bought anyone yet. But who cares, 'cos Zola is still there!! :D

- Well after reaching mid-November and still not getting any kind of success (15th in table!) I did what I thought I would never do. The tactic that I banned myself from using ever since in won four Champions Leagues in a row with Glasgow Rangers on CM99/00...yes, I brought in the infamous, impossible in real life, but magnificent in the game - the 4-1-3-2 formation!! The next game I beat Fulham 6-1...I feel so dirty. Luckily I lost at Anfield a week later which soothed my guilt. I hate Micky-bloody-Owen so much.

- Hasselbaink requested transfer. Fine, he never scores anyway. Nobody wants him either, so there.

- My only signing so far this season was Joe Cole, who's quickly becoming crucial to the squad with 9 ratings aplenty. Young Player of the Month for October too. Got Harry Kewell and Ronaldinho signed and coming in at the January transfer window. Sweet. Especially since Zenden has been injured for a couple of months now.

- Forssell is king. Seriously.

- Got knocked out of the League Cup 4th Round 1-0 away to Plymouth. <_<

- Currently in the UEFA Cup 3rd round against Galatasaray. Drew the away leg 1-1, so should be odds on to progress.

- Cudicini has taken on six penalties so far this season, and saved all of them. The Man.

- Favourite moment thus far: Second leg of the UEFA Cup 2nd round against some team from Sweden. I am already 3-1 up from the home leg, so I change the tactics from my usual attacking posture to help prevent the guys from tiring themselves out. "Ease up lads," I say, "you don't need to go all out on this one. Just sit back a bit for the first half hour or so and see how it goes."

Exactly 23 seconds into the game, Eidur Gudjohnson scores.

If there's one thing you can say about Gudjohnson, he knows how to take the piss. :D

- Current position: 10th in the league with 23pts after 15 games played (see how much I suck at CM4?). Currently Man Utd are leading with 36pts, and there's only 3pts separating me and 5th place. Slowly-slowly...I'm on the way back up.

Edited by stokeriño

WTF? I was 3-0 up against Chelsea at home, with 15 minutes to. Then Mutu comes on and scores 5 goals in 15 minutes to win it for chelsea 5-3. Aaagh!

I've noticed Mutu is one of the best forwards in the game, unlike in real life. Whenever I manage Chelsea, Mutu will always be my top scorer.

I've noticed Mutu is one of the best forwards in the game, unlike in real life. Whenever I manage Chelsea, Mutu will always be my top scorer.

Yeah, Mutu was god-like for me when I had a little go at managing Chelsea. GOLD, I tell you