Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

The Giants season is over already. How the hell has their secondary sucked for this many years? Eli finally plays well and get hurts and we have no running game. Maybe next year when we get a Top 10 pick we'll pick up a corner who can I don't know COVER SOMEONE. At least the Eagles lost.

The Giants actually HAVE a defense? :shifty:

Football season is like 10 days old and my favorite college team is 0-2 and lost to a D I-AA school and then got murdered by a mediocre Pac-10 squad and then The Not So Giants give up nearly 500 yards and 50 points while losing their starting QB, RB and a top DE. What am I supposed to watch for the next 4 months? The Jets?

THE BLOWN CALL THAT NO ONE NOTICED

The decisive play in the Sunday night game between the Cowboys and the Giants, a long touchdown pass to Sam Hurd on third down and seven that pushed the Dallas lead back to ten points, should have never happened.

An instant before the ball was snapped, Cowboys wideout Patrick Crayton stepped forward in his stance, and the play should have been blown dead, with an illegal procedure penalty called against Dallas.

The gaffe by Crayton was unnoticed by the officials or by the announcers.

We grabbed the TiVo remote and confirmed it. Crayton had come in motion from right to left, had stopped and assumed his pre-snap position, and then stepped forward right before the snap. He even remained in place, as if he assumed the whistle would blow.

It didn't.

With coach Tom Coughlin's job on the line, he's got every right to be pissed about that one.

This will be his last year, there just isn't enough there to compete in the North right now with the other three being legit AFC contenders. Wherever he goes after that gets an excellent DC.

I still don't understand why when you are losing by almost 30, you still don't give Quinn a taste of his first NFL regular season game.

This will be his last year, there just isn't enough there to compete in the North right now with the other three being legit AFC contenders. Wherever he goes after that gets an excellent DC.

I still don't understand why when you are losing by almost 30, you still don't give Quinn a taste of his first NFL regular season game.

He was inactive today

He was inactive today

If Crennel goes, I'll be pissed.

Mainly because the next guy to go in there is going to have a good core of young, talented players and will magically "turn the team around" when in reality it was the CURRENT set of coaches and GMs that laid the foundation.

*cough*SeanPayton*cough*

EDIT: Everett is still risking permanent paralysis. Good lord, he dropped like a sack when he got hit...it didn't even look THAT terribly violent of a collision. It's possible/probably it was an Austin-esque spinal compression thing, because that's how he appeared to hit.

Edited by Gorilla Monsoon

Quinn shouldn't play until the home game against Miami if they are up or down by alot. Pittsburgh, Oakland, Patriots, and Ravens all have defenses I wouldn't want to throw Quinn to. I'd rather him sit on the sidelines, read the playbook, watch, and get everything in his head before going out there.

Fucking Lions! Off to a good start with a win over... *checks*... oh, the Raiders. Meh. Still, a win nevertheless for the hometown boys. Jon Kinta looked damn good and pretty comfortable in the pocket, aside from the 2 INTs.

Fucking Giants! Their season's over before it even really gets started. Guess I have to watch the fucking Jets with naiwf.

Well, the 'Skins and the Giants will probably be the weakest two teams in the NFC East this year. Cowboys/Eagles should make for maybe a good wildcard match-up, as well as their regular season bouts. I'm a sympathy fan for the Eagles, I guess you can say, because it's so hard to watch a team with that much talent lose games on stupid plays or playcalling. Looks like they signed that poor kid back for nothing.

Everything else was pretty much hit or miss. The Patriots and Panthers looked really good, the Bears looked a bit disappointing on the offensive end, and... that's about it really. A pretty boring opening week to me, but glad at least one of my teams got a win.

Sean Payton didn't turn the Saints around?

Jim Haslett drafted a few solid defensive players, but their offense always sucked. Sean Payton brought in Brees, Bush, Colston and far superior offensive play calling.

Your stance on Crennel and Savage building the Browns is absolutley correct, but to say Sean Payton just walked in and took all the credit for someone else's work is pretty asinine, considering the big players on offense besides McAllister didn't come in till Payton go there.