Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Goddell says the Patriots cheated by videotaping Jets coaches, now investigating why Patriot coaches radio signals were fluctuating strangely.

Pretty fucking pathetic on the Patriots part, but I'm hardly suprised, Belicheck is a scumbag.

As a Patriots fan... this sucks. Seriously. I don't know why Belicheck has to resort to activity like this. We got a good enough roster anyway. Just play the game.

I'm disappointed.

You act like signal stealing never happens. They just got caught.

Well, right now the Pats are the only ones who've gotten busted for it. And well, several times now. So either we're the most aggressive, or we're the only ones doing it. Either way, it's not right.

Everybody double posts. Damshow got caught.

:shifty:

Anyway, at least I can say I was consistent in Week 1...I lost in all five leagues. :ohwell: One by one point (fuck Tony Homo), one by two points (fuck the half of Biggz' team that actually played), on up to a 62-point margin in one. God, it's gonna be a long year.

Maybe this gives us a reason why Belichick was a terrible coach in Cleveland but amazing in New England. Then again...anyone would suck in Cleveland.

But here are some good points I got off another board:

I'll ask a couple questions and you answer: Coincidence or asterisk?

- Prior to 2 seasons ago, when it seems that teams started to get suspicious of the Patriots, Bill Belichick never lost to the same quarterback twice in 1 season. Since then, he has been swept twice by the same QB in 1 season. Coincidence or *?

- Patriots always beat the Colts in the playoffs. Polian kicks sideline camera men off the field for the championship game. Patriots get up big, but don't seem to make any adjustments at half time, boggling everyone's mind since The Genius always makes adjustments, and the Colts roar back and win. Coincidence or *?

- Al Harris after the Pats whipped the Pack:

"It's almost like they knew what we were doing, you know?" he said. "You have to tip your hat to them. They ran plays designed for us. They ran plays that made us check out of some things. I don't know who calls their plays, but Belichick is pretty good. Honestly, he's pretty good."

Coincidence or *?

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.

Coincidence or *?

WERE PATS WIRING DEFENSIVE PLAYERS, TOO?

The situation regarding the New England Patriots and the allegations/proof that they have stolen defensive signals is unofficially getting weirder.

The signal stealing flap is relevant only to defensive signals, since all offensive calls are made by radio.

But we're now aware of suspicions/rumors regarding efforts by the Pats to get a leg up as to opposing offenses. Specifically, we're told that it's believed that, during the 2006 season, the Patriots were putting microphones on defensive linemen in order to capture the offensive line calls and the quarterback audibles.

Then, the audio and the video of the game would be matched up, and the defensive players would be given the code at halftime.

Yes. The commissioner of the league has the ability to force forfeiture of any game for any reason if he decides there was an "UNFAIR ACT" that has taken place.

And Biggz, while I can see why you might think that, why have the Patriots been the only team to get caught or even rumored to be doing it? While I agree other teams might try to steal signals, there is no evidence.

Goodell should severely punish the Patriots organization and Belichick needs to be suspended at LEAST four games. Which is the same amount a player who tries to gain a competitive advantage via performance enhancing substances gets docked.

Yes. The commissioner of the league has the ability to force forfeiture of any game for any reason if he decides there was an "UNFAIR ACT" that has taken place.

And Biggz, while I can see why you might think that, why have the Patriots been the only team to get caught or even rumored to be doing it? While I agree other teams might try to steal signals, there is no evidence.

Goodell should severely punish the Patriots organization and Belichick needs to be suspended at LEAST four games. Which is the same amount a player who tries to gain a competitive advantage via performance enhancing substances gets docked.

Edited by GhostMachine