Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Cadillac & Luke Petitgout will both undergo season ending knee surgery this week. So much for the fast start by the Bucs.

Yeah, they'll miss Petitgout. Caddy, not so much. Judging by what I've seen of Earnest Graham and Michael Pittman, this is a classic case of addition by subtraction. Unlike Caddy, Graham actually likes to...oh, what's the word...oh yeah, HIT PEOPLE. And he can do so without folding into the fetal position. I'm not one to wish injury on players, and I feel for Cadillac, but honestly, I won't miss him one bit if his career is over.

And before anyone asks, no, I'm not a big Bucs fan, and I only had Caddy in one fantasy league (and had no intention of using him).

So, the big question is, like Biggz said, WHY IN THE BLUE FUCKING HELL was Griese throwing 52 times? While I'm at it, let's ask the same question about the Ravens. Are Benson and McGahee officially DOA now? I've already lamented at length the loss of Thomas Jones, and every time Benson collapses from the force of a linebacker's sneeze, I miss TJ more and more. It's time to gut that offense like a fucking fish.

No they don't. But it's better to be a "bad" 4-0 team or a Detroit, who is 3-1 despite giving up more points than they've scored thanks to last week's debacle, than an immensely talented 1-3 or 0-3 team. When you consider that the last month of the season usually has division games that decide playoff spots, those underacheiving teams really only have 5 or 6 weeks to turn their seasons around if they want anything to play for after Thanksgiving.

Guest GotMBTA

Bengals said that in order to win tonight they need to "keep it simple" on defense. Yeah, just cover Moss, Welker, Stallworth, and Watson. Oh yeah, and don't forget, maintain Faulk, Morris, and Maroney. You should get to Brady too.

It's simple, really.

Those NE stats are unreal, and awesome as they are my AFC favorite team. Boy its a nice time to be a lions fan, and wow thats weird to say. If, and a HUGE IF Detroit can straighting out their defense, then they can win the superbowl, because the playoffs are, well weird. They could end up as a NE team a few years ago. When they were huge underdogs againist the Rams. Man, my Dream, Lions VS Pats in superbowl.

Now in reality, lions should be able to secure them selfs a wild card spot at least because of their schedule. It isn't tough, and there offense is explosive, NFL record of 34 points in the fourth quarter. The defense have to be fix if they want a shot at a division title. first meeting with green bay is n three weeks. If they can get past the Redskins, and set up a 4-1 vs 5-0 or 5-1 or 6-0, witch ever Green Bay. I just want the lions offense to stay going, and the defense to keep improving. Confidence is 50% of the battle and they got some against the bears.

I would get ahead of myself with the Lions. I'm glad they are 3-1, but let's look towards Washington before we dream up Super Bowl scenarios. Keep in mind we started 3-1 in 2004, granted that this is a much better team, it's still very early.

And yes our offense can be explosive, but two of those touchdowns on the 34 points came from defense and special teams.

The next two games worry me if only because of our droughts in the respective stadiums. I think our last win in RFK dates back to the 60s, and our last win in Lambeau was in 91. Still, those are just numbers, and this year is as good as any to break those curses.

Those NE stats are unreal, and awesome as they are my AFC favorite team. Boy its a nice time to be a lions fan, and wow thats weird to say. If, and a HUGE IF Detroit can straighting out their defense, then they can win the superbowl, because the playoffs are, well weird. They could end up as a NE team a few years ago. When they were huge underdogs againist the Rams. Man, my Dream, Lions VS Pats in superbowl.

We did beat Dallas last year in the last game of the season, so I think we could beat them again this year.

It should be noted that the Lions were without Calvin Johnson on Sunday, so the game could have been much different with him in there. Even as a rookie, the guy changes the complexion of our passing game, but it also went to show our depth at WR, that we could be effective without him. With him in there though, the game could have been over much quicker than it was.

Now in reality, lions should be able to secure them selfs a wild card spot at least because of their schedule. It isn't tough, and there offense is explosive, NFL record of 34 points in the fourth quarter. The defense have to be fix if they want a shot at a division title. first meeting with green bay is n three weeks. If they can get past the Redskins, and set up a 4-1 vs 5-0 or 5-1 or 6-0, witch ever Green Bay. I just want the lions offense to stay going, and the defense to keep improving. Confidence is 50% of the battle and they got some against the bears.

And the Lions are better this year. Anything can happen.

As for the Bears secondary being second stringers? Don't know what to tell you there, a win is a win, and good teams find ways to win without starters. The Bears defense was still very good for most of the game yesterday, they put a nice pass rush on Kitna for most of the game which usually masks a secondaries weaknesses. It did, until the fourth quarter, then things began to unravel for the Bears.

One other thing regarding the Bears/Lions game, Griese's WR's didn't do enough to help him. There were too many dropped passes by his WR's, one of which was an INT that he shouldn't take the blame for. With the dropped passes, I was wondering if the Bears had signed Bill Schroeder and Az-Hakim.

Edit -

Basically, enjoy it, but don't get your hopes up for a playoff run too much, and don't even think of a Super Bowl yet. We're a long ways from being a Super Bowl caliber team in my opinion.

You mean a better offensive line, consistent running game, three new starters in our secondary, and two new starters in our LB corp? Yeah, we have a long way to go, with the offensive line and portions of the defense needing a lot of help. If the defense does continue to make big plays at key moments, and if our offense continues to move the ball, we should be playing meaningful games in December. Big if's, but very possible.

Edited by VerbalPuke

I am going to have to agree with the fact that the Lions cannot and will not get passed the Cowboys. I got them going to the Superbowl, only to get trounced by the Patriots.

I'll give you a couple of things. 1) The Lions are a lot better this year. Their depth at WR was proven, even againest the Bears 2nd String, that is something because the Bears have a legit defense, no matter who they play. Calvin Johnsen may have been out, but he is amazing. I got him on my Fantasy Team for a reason. 2) Kitna is good, but he could be very suspect to any team with a decent enough defense ie. Cowboys, Most of the AFC teams, and a few other NFC teams that aren't jumping at me.

That's all I got right now. I would say the Lion's make the playoffs, but with the NFL, anything could happen.

And the Lions are better this year. Anything can happen.

As for the Bears secondary being second stringers? Don't know what to tell you there, a win is a win, and good teams find ways to win without starters. The Bears defense was still very good for most of the game yesterday, they put a nice pass rush on Kitna for most of the game which usually masks a secondaries weaknesses. It did, until the fourth quarter, then things began to unravel for the Bears.