SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

Whats the exclusive feature for the PS?

Its really annoying that you can't to a season and a GM Mode at the same time.

Does anybody know how to do the burning table?

Season mode is really quite bad. No real cut scenes just random stuff backstage. I'm 4 Months in and I've heard my character talking twice and each time was only about a sentence. And advance matches are full of glitches. I was told it was going to be me and Matt Hardy vs Chavo and MVP, but in the end I got me and Mysterio vs Helms and Booker, with no real reason explained for the change. My first blood match was a handicap match, do I need to go on?

The exclusive MIGHT be the first person entrances maybe?

And talking of matches, at the first PPV, Backlash, there was a match which saw CM Punk face Khali, Umaga & Kenny Dykstra in a Handicap match...for some reason. Anyway, Punk ended up winning the match nonetheless.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Backlash for me had Lashley against Umaga, Carlito and Dykstra. The three won.

Does PS2 even have an exclusive feature? Or is that only for the next-gen consoles?

Edited by Skummy

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that a sell for the game. When it says updates it means in regards to the previous game. 99% certain it means the new 2008 game will have a new roster, more hotspots etc, rather than giving updates for the game.

Sucks for no PS2 exclusive feature. I'm guessing the Wii's is Main Event Mode. Is the Wii version worth a pick-up too? Is it different enough to justify me having two versions?

Anyone got any good CAW formulas yet? I suck at making CAWs, I copy mine from caws.ws since I have no internet connection for my PS2. So if anyones made any real wrestlers and are extremely bored, could they post the formula they used?

Still can't work out how to burn those frickin tables.

EDIT: I am freakishly stupid. I spent almost 10 minutes trying to burn a table with a fire extinguisher :bang:

Edited by Mattman

Also for anyone who cares, No Mercy is going on the wii console download thingy, with an updated roster. Who needs smackdown

Wait a minute, what? Where have you heard this because if it's true, that would be fucking unreal.

Edited by Zero

Also for anyone who cares, No Mercy is going on the wii console download thingy, with an updated roster. Who needs smackdown

Wait a minute, what? Where have you heard this because if it's true, that would be fucking unreal.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164283

Fourth paragraph down. Don't know how reliable 1up.com is though.

1up is incredibly reliable, they're under the same umbrella as EGM, but that is just the rumor mill section. While they're often eerily accurate, sometimes they're merely reporting on early loose talk that may have some basis, but will never come to fruition.

Still, I really hope it's true as that would be amazing. While No Mercy hasn't aged gracefully, it's still better than any recent Smackdown offerings.

Edited by Zero

Glad to hear it's reputable, that might just swing it in favour of buying a Wii before SSB comes out. On the topic of smackdown, anyone who doesn't want to spend forever earing enough money to buy HBK and HHH's DX alternate attires can enter this code in the previously mentioned cheat menu: DXCostume69K2 :)

My "delivery" arived tonight... the only thing i did right now is starting a 24/7 mode with shawn michaels (why issent he talking? esp if there only seem to be a few wrestlers in this mode? - he looks a bit like donkey of shrek in his face >_>)

When you are in training, do you see somewhre how many counters (or whatever) you need to have?

Haha, my first non training match and i am not fighting becaus i actualy needed to tell the game that i would like to play the wrestler i am playing. This is of to a great start~!

Why am i starting with 36 POints and at the bottom of the cards but go directly for the world title?

Ok, now i won a number one contenders spot, but the next thing i know is that i have to fight some dush that i beat up over a month over a movie role... i don´t even know WHO is the champion.......

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

If anyone else still doesn't know to burn the tables you need to get a finisher and stand next to the table and press triangle. Now to work out how to put people through said table...

EDIT: Oh and when you get near the end of your first year in 24/7 mode there are a lot more "real" cutscenes, but I still only heard Kennedys voice 3 times.

Edited by Mattman

If anyone else still doesn't know to burn the tables you need to get a finisher and stand next to the table and press triangle. Now to work out how to put people through said table...

EDIT: Oh and when you get near the end of your first year in 24/7 mode there are a lot more "real" cutscenes, but I still only heard Kennedys voice 3 times.

How many years does it run for ...with new storylines taking place?

I think it runs on for as long as you want. I went onto be GM after my first year. But if you have the title and go on the different brands at different points. You'll probably get different storylines for about 6 years. Since every PPV will have a Champion, Challenger and Non-Title Storyline, if you swap brands I suppose 6 years would be right.

Edited by Mattman