SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long does the salary glitch stay on for? I started at $16,000. Then signed a bogus "$100,000" contract (works out to about $2000 a week, but it's only for 6 months, so really it's more like a $50,000). And suddenly I'm making $1 a week? At this rate you can't make any money to buy the unlocked stuff.

It's part of a storyline with Vince wanting to put the hurt on you, moneywise.

I was on 16k a show 'till T-Lo put me on 10k. <_<

Also, 2 Hell in a Cell PPV ME's in a row = :thumbsdown:

I was expecting the Elimination Chamber at Wrestlemania. C'mon Vince, get that act together.

Anyone got the Wii version? I've read that there's no Cage match, Hell in a Cell, Elimination Chamber, Royal Rumble, Ladder match, Table match or Casket match. Surely that can't be true?

The Wii version only features 5 match types. These are, Single (One on One), Tag Team (Two on Two), K.O. Match, Triple Threat, and Hardcore. This version also has no WWE Shop and a severely decreased movelist compared to the other versions. In other words, the Wii version sucks and you should not waste your money on it.
Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

If you actually read the Gamespot review, the score seems fair enough, as they say the gameplay is still fun, especially in multiplayer, but that everything that's been added pretty much sucks. I think they said the fighting styles were a nice try, but that some of them were overpowered, and the computer leans on them way too much.

Looks like creating a belt is gonna be way more fun this year. Ive made a great version of the ECW TV belt, only updated slightly (barbed wire-styled material, pretty cool-and the belt has to spin for you to get the proper plates for the real TV belt), there are some great designs this year, and they look great with the 360 graphics.

Ive just sorted through all the Tag Team Entrances trying to pick one for a created team. If anyone wants to know what they all are, here's the best I got from them:

General King 01-Booker & Sharmell

General King 02-Booker & Sharmell

Tag General 01-London & Kendrick

Tag General 02-Cade & Murdoch

Tag General 03-Hart Foundation

Tag General 04-Regal & Taylor

Tag General 05-Rated RKO

Tag General 06-Generic-this ones been in the previous two games

Tag General 07-Looks like La Resistance, im not sure though.

Mixed Tag 01-Edge & Lita

Mixed Tag 02-Haas & Jackie

Mixed Tag 03-No idea

Mixed Tag 04-Apparently its Knox & Kelly Kelly

Mixed Tag 05-Kenny & Victoria

I felt iffy about joining the story mode and GM mode and now, from the general consensus I've decided not to buy the game this year. I was a fan of SD vs RAW 2007 and wanted it to continue on that track of creating a more WWE-esque storyline mode, and hoped instead of trying to revolutionise the series' once again by adding a feature or two theyd take what they already had and build on that. From everythign I've read it seems they've taken all theg ood work they had done on Season mode and went back a step or two.

Shame, I was getting pretty hyped for this game but with all the latest game releases now isn't the time for a developer to slip up.

That's another really dumb change, Corino. Instead of being able to set clothes as entrance, match or whatever in the layers menu like you used to be able to, everything you add is now considered to be part of whatever attire it says on the bottom of the screen. Clicking the left stick changes it from match, entrance, and cutscene, so if it says entrance when you add something, it'll be ONLY in entrance. When you finalize everything it gives you an option to edit the three states individually though, so eh.