SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's little things like that, that annoy me most about the game, say you are in a feud with Cena and they use the cutscene to introduce the show and your there been all friendly and shaking John Cena's hand... but that might just be me nit picking.

Oh and I got a voice mail saying I would face Kennedy. The match screen said I was facing Chavo. I actually ended up facing Kennedy but then after the match Chavo walks off all angry like he just got hurt, but then the next day I got an angry voice mail from Kennedy vowing revenge. :crying:

Guest wwebone

Do you get anything after you complete ALL the Hall of Fame challenges? I've reached Hall of Famer status without beating all the challenges, but I'm wondering if you get anything for beating them all.

Is it just me or does Edge have the best HBK costume ever? I mean it looks just like him. :shifty: I'm feuding with Edge, am supposed to wrestle Edge and HBK keeps turning up. :wacko:

24/7 mode sucks but it's so entertaining at times. In the span of 2 months Candice has gone from dating Edge in a storyline where she's his girlfriend and I'm (Batista) is trying to steal her away. I so wish I was playing as Matt Hardy for that one. Then a month later I'm trying to steal her away from her boyfriend Johnny Nitro. Come to think of it I believe she was dating someone on the Smackdown roster when I got the storyline for the first time a year earlier. I guess with Lita gone Candice is the new locker room slut.

Batista has walked into the diva's locker room 30 times in 16 months. I'm starting to think it's not an accident. :)

Does anyone know how to get a pay rise yet when playing as a superstar because I got a raise to $16,000 about a month before Wrestlemania became the WWE and WH Champion and then decided to jump to RAW to defend the gold over there and Coach put me back down to $10,000 and one of the progress stats is to sign a $500,000 contract and I have no idea how to do it!!

Does anyone know how to get a pay rise yet when playing as a superstar because I got a raise to $16,000 about a month before Wrestlemania became the WWE and WH Champion and then decided to jump to RAW to defend the gold over there and Coach put me back down to $10,000 and one of the progress stats is to sign a $500,000 contract and I have no idea how to do it!!

Its $500,000 a YEAR, that contract, cos I got the progress thing when Coach e-mailed me saying i was now on $500,000 a year, yet was still on like, 16 grand a week or something

Its $500,000 a YEAR, that contract, cos I got the progress thing when Coach e-mailed me saying i was now on $500,000 a year, yet was still on like, 16 grand a week or something

This might/might not work, because I haven't tested it yet, it's just something a mate told me regarding one of the 24/7 Mode glitches...

People are saying they're having e-mails confirming they'd be facing a certain superstar, then when they get to the show screen, find they're facing someone else. Well apparently, if you keep the e-mail you were sent in you e-mail inbox for that week, and don't delete it, you'll stick with the superstar who you originally thought you'd face.

Again, I haven't tested this, but I posted it because to me it sounded pretty logical.

I'm not impressed so far, maybe it's just a case of needing to get used to the controls, but I've found UCMs are virtually useless, even with limb damage, the CPU seems to wriggle out no matter what. And the wrench submissions, how do you get your grip back up? I ease up with the stick and then use it again, but it has no effect, and it seems the only way to break the hold is to let the opponent counter/escape it, which is gay.

Funnest thing so far is the spinny/watusi thing with the ladder on your head, I floored everyone in a MITB like 3 times in one go, was brilliant. But sadly, spinning with a ladder does not a great game make.

24/7 has so many bugs and glitches that I've given up on becoming a "legend" and just use it to build my CAW's stats for online play.

Speaking of online play, it is horrid. Sure, it looks nice, but half of the guys are there are just ridiculous. I don't mean ridiculously hard either, I mean annoying. It takes a lot of fun out of it when you have a big yellow Ned Flanders or a Luigi who TOWER over everyone and are so big that you can't knock over. The reaction time is completely hesitant as well.