Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

That song made famous by the Outlaws sucks for how hard it is and I am only on medium. I cannot get past it. It is odd, I can play Rush and Smashing Pumpkins without needing to be saved by anyone in online mode and those two are songs that come after this song so I'd assume they are supposed to be harder than the ones before hand. But that is not the case here.

I can do fine on the song up until 55% of the way through where I always fail. The red + yellow/yellow + kick pedal is what kills me. I just can't get it down right.

I asked De if I could borrow the idea and he said yes (with one condition added) anyways I will start this once I figure out how. Here are some of ideas:

- Instead of the lowest score being eliminated have be more like a league - It would be able to last as long as we want it to.

- Three Leagues/Divisions: Guitar/Bass, Vocals, Drums - Put out two or three challenges a week. Choose what ones you want to do so if you don't like singing don't do it same goes for guitar and drums.

- Maybe have top three receive points 3 for first, 2 for second and 1 for third best - or we could just do it by sum of your in game score.

- Rankings for each league/division - makes sense

- When the eventual end comes Winners for each league/division and overall winner will be named (those who choose to do everything have the best chance of winning the overall winner)

That is just one set of ideas. Tell me what you think.

Get YOUR own, don't you earn enough as a mail man?

As for hearing people on the mic, you should set up a needlesly elaborate system with everyone involved going on skype and the singer wearing a PC mic as well as using the game mic.

Okay so the rock band competition will work like this:

Rock Band Season 1: So You Think You Can Rock

January 13, 2008 - March 9, 2008

8 Songs or 16 songs (TBD)

1 or 2 Songs Per Week

Non-Elimination Play

Guitar, Bass and Drums

Winner Determined via Sum Of Scores

Oh also forgot to add Season 2 will probably start March 9th as Rock Band apparently comes out in Europe March 3rd. Also I plan to have many seasons that include elimination, guitar only, drums only and maybe a vocal one as well just for fun.

Also, as season 1 is non elimination anyone can join in at anytime... but if you want to win it would be best to participate from the start.

To submit your score it will be done via pictures just like De's gh competition. Whether or not I will have them sent to me or just have people post them during the week not sure.

Finally, this may start early depending on if I am busy or not giving people an extended first week.

Sounds awesome, I'm in.

We should also see if people do have or are willing to get some of the DLC songs... lots of fun stuff to play in there that could certainly keep this fresh.

Edited by Zero

I'm... okay with DLC songs occasionally, but they should be few and far between because I can't spend like a ton of money on them (though there are some songs, like "I Fought the Law" and "Die, All Right!" that I'm planning on getting no matter what in any case).