Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

I now have Oasis DLC. I am using this as an excuse to lobby Zero (since he seems to be the most active in Coin Op ATM) to edit the first post with a list of which members have what DLC. It's annoying asking people every other day. :shifty:

Also, whilst i'm here, I need assitance on pulling double duty on online multiplayer. That is guitar & vocals. Whenever I tried it didn't come up once Kaney & Dragsy joined the band. I assume I need two gold accounts which is (N)

Edited by King eLLis

Packs/Songs I have:

Metallica Pack

Oasis Pack

Boston Pack

Black Sabbath Pack

Nine Inch Nails Pack

The Police Pack

Punk Pack 01

"Attack" by 30 Seconds to Mars

"The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars

"Dirty Little Secret" by All-American Rejects

"Move Along" by All American Rejects

"Roam" by The B-52s

"All the Small Things" by Blink-182

"Fortunate Song" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

"Juke Box Hero" by Foreigner

"Still Alive" by GLADOS

"Die, All Right!" by The Hives

"The Number of the Beast" by Iron Maiden

"My Sharona" by The Knack

"Gimme Three Steps" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

"Last Train to Clarksville" by The Monkees

"Saints of Los Angeles" by Motley Crue

"Crushcrushcrush" by Paramore

"My Iron Lung" by Radiohead

"Limelight" by Rush

"Working Man" by Rush

"Siva" by Smashing Pumpkins

"Sex Type Thing" by Stone Temple Pilots

"Buddy Holly" by Weezer

"El Scorcho" by Weezer

"Joker and the Thief" by Wolfmother

I know some are only "As made famous by", but I couldn't be bothered to type that in.

I have... um...

- "Buddy Holly" by Weezer

- "I Fought the Law" by The Clash

- "Sprode" by Freezepop

- And "Still Alive" by Jona -- er. GLaDoS (or however you capitalize it.)

Also no proper capabilities to play with others YET, but as I got GTAIV in the mail today that'll change soon.

Kool Thing, Simple Man, GlaDOS, Crushcrushcrush, All The Small Things, You've Got Another Thing Coming, More Than A Feeling, Sprode, Wonderwall, March Of The Pigs, My Iron Lung and I'm fairly certain I've forgotten something else that hasn't been mentioned here yet >_>

This is going to take awhile. I have...

Fortunate Son

Juke Box Hero

Bang A Gong

My Sharona

Joker & The Theif

Metallica Pack 1

Queens of the Stone Age Pack 1

The Police Pack 1

David Bowie Pack 1

Black Sabbath Pack 1

Punk Pack 1

My Iron Lung

Buddy Holly

Attack

The Kill

Dirty Little Secret

Move Along

Gimme Three Steps

Limelight

Hard to Handle

Die, All Right!

Interstate Love Song

The Number of the Beast

Action

Last Train to Clarksville

All the Small Things

Oasis Pack 1

Siva

Working Man

Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)

We Care A Lot

Calling Dr. Love

(Arguably) Punk Pack 2

Sex Type Thing

El Scorcho

Why Do You Love Me?

Nine Inch Nails Pack 1

Grateful Dead Pack 1

crushcrushcrush

Beethovens Cunt

Shockwave

Thrash Pack 1

Boston Pack 1

Still Alive

Harmonix Pack 1

Classic Rock Pack 1

Saints of Los Angeles

Screaming for Vengeance Album

Zero

Scene Pack 1

Hanging on the Telephone

Train in Vain (Stand by Me)

Blur

Countdown to Insanity

Hier Kommt Alex

Hysteria

Rock N Roll Star

Good Times Roll

My Best Friend's Girl

Just What I Needed

Moving In Stereo

All Mixed Up

Disturbed Pack 1

Jimmy Buffet Pack 1

So basically all of the DLC barring a few songs here and there.

I just got the Classic Rock Pack with Blondie, The Police, and whatnot, The Disturbed Pack, and Hysteria by Muse. I'll be editing that into my initial post about what DLC I have.

Also, I'm quite pleased with how well I'm doing on Expert Guitar, despite the fact that I haven't beat GGAHT yet. I got 4 stars on Indestructible and 5 stars on Perfect Insanity and Inside the Fire on my first try, same with Hysteria. Definitely pleased that I can do that so I won't be spending as much time on sons perfecting them.

• 1 month later...
Fuck me, Snow is ridiculously hard on guitar. Definitely the hardest riff I've seen on Rock Band and another one that's harder on Rock Band than IRL.

Well, duh, it's going to be harder on rock band because 5 frets are less than 15+ you get on an actual guitar. And besides, it'd be about as hard on actual guitar anyways as the chart is modeled pretty much after the actual tab if you were to look it up.

Fuck me, Snow is ridiculously hard on guitar. Definitely the hardest riff I've seen on Rock Band and another one that's harder on Rock Band than IRL.

Well, duh, it's going to be harder on rock band because 5 frets are less than 15+ you get on an actual guitar. And besides, it'd be about as hard on actual guitar anyways as the chart is modeled pretty much after the actual tab if you were to look it up.

Why does the number of frets automatically mean that songs are harder on Rock Band? There are plenty of songs that are easier on Expert Rock Band than real life, the vast majority are as far as I know. The number of frets is one factor but the fact that there's only one 'string' means that you end up doing a lot of the work with your left hand when in a song like Snow, you split the work between right hand and left.

I don't see how it's possible to compare RB note charts and tab. Yes, Rock Band sticks to the rough idea of left to right = lower to higher notes but there's nothing replicating the different strings and hammer-ons/pull-offs are exactly the same as slides.

To be honest, I don't give a shit if the note charts are accurate anyway, I had no problem with the GH3 policy. As long as the chart's in rhythm and I can pick out something in the song it relates to it doesn't really matter to me if it's the actual lead guitar part.

Drums on hard are a lot of fun once you start getting the hang of it. I'm even managing to nail the kick pedal. But fuck Reptilia, I can't believe I scraped that. I also can't believe that Dani California and Orange Crush have become two of my favourites to play, lots of fun, those.

Can someone explain how tug of war is supposed to work when I seem to get a third of the notes the other person does?

Drums on hard are a lot of fun once you start getting the hang of it. I'm even managing to nail the kick pedal. But fuck Reptilia, I can't believe I scraped that. I also can't believe that Dani California and Orange Crush have become two of my favourites to play, lots of fun, those.

Can someone explain how tug of war is supposed to work when I seem to get a third of the notes the other person does?

It's supposed to work in that the chart is split up for the two people to play, but sometimes one person gets fucked over by getting less charts than the other. It's essentially like face off on guitar hero, which like that, doesn't really work right at all times.

Also, officially confirmed rockband 2 tracks from gamespot and game informer magazine.

Ace of Spades by Motorhead

Almost Easy by Avenged Sevenfold

Anyway You Want It by Journey

Bad Reputation by Joan Jett

Chop Suey! by System of a Down

Everlong by Foo Fighters

Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers

Hello There by Cheap Trick

I Was Wrong by Social Distortion

Kids In America by The Muffs

Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi

Panic Attack by Dream Theater

Pinball Wizard by The Who

Pump It Up by Elvis Costello

Rock'n Me by Steve Miller Band

Testify by Rage Against the Machine

White Wedding Pt. 1 by Billy Idol

Wow, it seems like a true sequel that improves upon the original rather than just a re-hash with different artwork for the menus and new tracks. Online World Tour is going to be awesomely awesome, and I'll offer up my Expert Guitar/Bass skills to start a band with you crazy mofos on EWB. The confirmed tracks are pretty ace, and I'm sure I'll be in love with most, if not all of them by the time I've played through them a few times. Can't wait to play this game :w00t: