Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

Yeah this pretty much confirms that all the hype a few months ago for Guitar Hero is coming to a screeching halt. That is the greatest setlist in any music game, ever.

I'm going to have to buy a bigger hard drive.

Edited by Zero

Doing guitar and singing at the same time didn't go as badly as I thought it might (except for Run To The Hills) so clearly I am teh awesome. :pervert:

Amateur. The other day I did that for shits and giggles and beat Run to the Hills on Expert/Hard respectively. Admittedly, it's the only song I can sing (other than Sabotage), but fuck you all the same

But you're Be, pro rockstar. You should be able to pass the song whilst singing and playing bass/guitar/drums.

Hmmm, it seems to export RB1 tracks to RB2 you have to pay an unlocking fee which will be "under 5 dollars."

Fuck paying more. <_<

Seems the story actually says "owners of the original Rock Band will have the ability to export most of the Rock Band disc tracks and upgrade them into Rock Band 2 gameplay-the first time ever in videogame history!"

Most? This doesn't bode well.

Edited by King eLLis

Dude.

DUDE.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE.

Bob fucking Dylan. BOB FUCKING DYLAN IN ROCK BAND. I'm sold right there.

The rest is great, but Tangled Up in Blue? That is cool as all fuck.

Edit:

AND EYE OF THE TIGER? I don't drink, but I think it has to be a pre-requisite to be drunk while playing that song.

Edited by Will.

In regards to the RB2 setlist...wow, just...wow. There are a LOT of songs on there that I'm dying to play, and I'm sure a lot of the others I'll learn to enjoy or at least tolerate. This is just going to be epic.

The crazy thing is there's only one song on their I legitimately dislike and that's Linkin Park "One Step Closer." Everything else, I enjoy... although there are plenty of better AC/DC songs they could have picked. Don't get me wrong, I love "Let There Be Rock," but that over every other AC/DC song? I smell downloadable content.

But Silversun Pickups, Social D, PUSA, L7? Fucking sold!

Edited by Zero

It's an old AC/DC song - third album. The B-side to the single is "Problem Child" - which is a much more well-known song of theirs. Still if I had my pick of what AC/DC song I wanted to play, it would be "Whole Lotta Rosie."

I think it just keeps in line with Harmonix wanting to keep their street cred and find more obscure tracks to throw in the games. Which is why I assume they put "Next to You" by The Police on RB1 and then released the big singles as DLC.

Edited by Zero

I'm kinda glad they do in a sense for some artists, like The Police's "Next To You". I probably wouldn't have bought that as DLC if I never heard it before, so having it on the disc was pretty damn sweet for me to be exposed to it's awesomeness. Though I agree with AC/DC, something else I think would have fit better, but I'm sure it will be serviceable.

I'm interested in knowing what the 20 free songs will be, and I'm sure they won't be horrible crappy songs as they wanted them on the original disc. Not the best of the best, but still not something obscure.

Quite a few of the songs are "Good artist, but could have found a better song". I know their is a Grateful Dead pack, but for us PS2 users we can't get that, and DAMNIT I WANT TO PLAY TRUCKIN'! I would have rather seen Prison Song or B.Y.O.B. instead of Chop Suey! for SOAD. Where It's At or Loser would have been better Beck songs. Wonderboy would have been an AWESOME Tenacious D song to have too.

But enough bitching! At least they have more Beastie Boys, a good Modest Mouse song, good Alice in Chains, PRESIDENTS!, MORE RUSH, and RAGE!

Chop Suey is System of a Down's most well known song, and works best in the party environment.

The points where I'd argue that better songs could have been chosen, is where they have seemingly ignored that certain bands have huge hits which fans than span all genres would know, and gone with some b-side or unsuccessful single so they can look edgy.

On Joystiq they interviewed Harmonix's CEO Alex Teasdale: "Teasdale tells us that the final list of songs not transferable to RB2 is still up in the air and it all comes down to licensing issues. We heard from a separate source that "it should only be a couple songs" and, although the company would love to just do the whole set from the first game, there may be some exclusivity issues. Harmonix apparently had to re-license every song over again for the RB2 transfers."

Aerosmith obviously won't make the cut due to the exclusive rights with GH. Also, I wonder if they will not have the cover versions of songs like Rush since they now have master versions of Rush songs out.

I saw this on Scorehero, it is a comparison for Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour with "Everlong" by Foo Fighters

elghtz4.jpg

elrbgy8.jpg

Release date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 (Xbox LIVE® Marketplace)

Thursday, July 25, 2008 (PLAYSTATION®Store)

Tracks: Nine Inch Nails 3-pack

“Burn”

“Capital G”

“Last”

Shinedown

“Devour”

“Junkies For Fame”

Not really bothered about either but I'm sure someone here will be interested. Of course you should all be getting the Who stuff as well Ellis everyone.

On Joystiq they interviewed Harmonix's CEO Alex Teasdale: "Teasdale tells us that the final list of songs not transferable to RB2 is still up in the air and it all comes down to licensing issues. We heard from a separate source that "it should only be a couple songs" and, although the company would love to just do the whole set from the first game, there may be some exclusivity issues. Harmonix apparently had to re-license every song over again for the RB2 transfers."

Aerosmith obviously won't make the cut due to the exclusive rights with GH. Also, I wonder if they will not have the cover versions of songs like Rush since they now have master versions of Rush songs out.

I saw this on Scorehero, it is a comparison for Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour with "Everlong" by Foo Fighters

elghtz4.jpg

elrbgy8.jpg

You do know that those mean absolutely nothing as still images?

That's fucking awesome, "Last" is one of my favorite NIN songs. Kinda surprising considering the lyrics are a bit... um, suggestive? "Capital G" is one of my faves on Year Zero and "Burn" is a good track too, a very random pick, but a good pick.