Fanku Kaibutsu

That brings us to a grand total of:

13 Motley Crue DLC songs

12 The Who DLC songs

11 Rush DLC songs

18 Red Hot Chili Peppers DLC songs

14 Pixies DLC songs

Etc.

It's not like they're giving Motley Crue new download content every other week and having them completely overshadow everyone else in terms of how many of their songs are available. There are lots of bands who have as many, or more songs than Motley Crue... and looking at that list, like I said, it balances out.

Again it's more the fact that they've been spread out on four different occasions. Most of the ones you listed were all at once.

I can't wait to get my hands on the album. Motley Crue, whether you like them or not, provide the perfect soundtrack for Rock Band.

No, they provide the same thing over and over again, and it got old in the 80s.

That brings us to a grand total of:

13 Motley Crue DLC songs

12 The Who DLC songs

11 Rush DLC songs

18 Red Hot Chili Peppers DLC songs

14 Pixies DLC songs

Etc.

It's not like they're giving Motley Crue new download content every other week and having them completely overshadow everyone else in terms of how many of their songs are available. There are lots of bands who have as many, or more songs than Motley Crue... and looking at that list, like I said, it balances out.

But those other ones were album releases too, MC have now been represented in what, three different instances? It's boring, more variety please. No, you may not like The Police, Cars, Pixies or whatever, but you have to suffer not getting DLC you like once for each, we've suffered Motley Crue three bastard times, when a three track pack consisting of Girls, Girls, Girls, Kickstart My Heart and some other random shite they did that sounded virtually identical the rest of their stuff would have sufficed. In short, variety please.

I did say though that there are so many more things I'd rather have than more Motley Crue. I'm a fan, but I'm also a fan of Rock Band, and that means having a variety of stuff.

Misfits, Alkaline Trio, Johnny Cash, Danzig, Marilyn Manson, Dropkick Murphys, Rancid, Green Day, Something Corporate, HIM, 3 Inches of Blood, Wednesday 13, Warrant, etc... those are all things that I would love to see ahead of more of anything that we already have. That's not even the entire list of things I'd rather see... but the point remains, I've endured many a week of things I don't like.

So, this is odd. I'm looking at Achieve360Points and they have a listing for the AC/DC pack. They also have one for Track Pack 2. I figured this was the same thing but under a different name, perhaps a working title or something. But no, seems they're releasing another track pack except this time for all systems.

I guess this is for those people who don't use Live but I wonder if people will get the achivements for some of the song ones if they have them through conventinal DLC, probably not. There's 6 achivements which involve you 5 starring a certain song. They have the 100% Guitar/Bass/Drums/Vocals again which is also odd. Funny thing is, I can see certain people getting this, even if they already have the songs on it. "OMG, 250 points. WANT!"

When I get enough cash, I'm looking to buy a PS3, and I may get RB2, it looks a lot better than the GH:WT track list, and I prefer the style of RB, less cartoony. Anyway, I was wondering, can you just buy the game and a lone instrument, say the guitar, so that you can play it only with the guitar, with no need for the drums/mic etc.? If so, I'll probably get just the game of the first one too.

Metallica's Battery looks insane, and Alice In Chain's Man In The Box and Soundgarden's Spoonman look a lot of fun to play.

When I get enough cash, I'm looking to buy a PS3, and I may get RB2, it looks a lot better than the GH:WT track list, and I prefer the style of RB, less cartoony. Anyway, I was wondering, can you just buy the game and a lone instrument, say the guitar, so that you can play it only with the guitar, with no need for the drums/mic etc.? If so, I'll probably get just the game of the first one too.

Metallica's Battery looks insane, and Alice In Chain's Man In The Box and Soundgarden's Spoonman look a lot of fun to play.

Yeah you can do that, but since there's no bundles with the game and one instrument, you'll have to buy 'em separately. And if you prefer guitar hero's guitar (the les paul, i'm not sure about the new one) I think they've gotten the issue of it not playing on rock band worked out so you can use that one if you don't like the stratocaster.

If I read your post right, then what you should do is get the first game if you want the songs... export them to your PS3 (if PS3 does that, I'm not sure)... and then trade the game back in and get Rock Band 2. There, you have all the tracks from RB2 and RB1, minus 3 of them they couldn't get licensed.

If you don't want the full bundle, you can buy the game alone, and then buy a guitar alone as well.

Thanks guys, but I was on about getting the first one too as in just the game, no instruments, to go with the RB2 instruments.

I have GH1-3, but they're for the PS2 anyway, with the original guitar, so when I get a PS3, whenever taht is soon :P , I'll have to purchase new instruments regardless if I want to carry on playing the GH or RB games. I've got a real Strat model guitar so that'll be fine, and I'm used to the GH SG model. I've played the Les Paul, and I'm not a fan of it, and I'm not a fan of the appearence either, both controller and real guitar. Does RB1/2 suffer from GH3's fuckawful note charts?

Oh, and I presume this is out in the US already then and has been for a while? Look's like gotta wait half a year again then. :shifty:

Edited by TheModernWay

Thanks guys, but I was on about getting the first one too as in just the game, no instruments, to go with the RB2 instruments.

I have GH1-3, but they're for the PS2 anyway, with the original guitar, so when I get a PS3, whenever taht is soon :P , I'll have to purchase new instruments regardless if I want to carry on playing the GH or RB games. I've got a real Strat model guitar so that'll be fine, and I'm used to the GH SG model. I've played the Les Paul, and I'm not a fan of it, and I'm not a fan of the appearence either, both controller and real guitar. Does RB1/2 suffer from GH3's fuckawful note charts?

Oh, and I presume this is out in the US already then and has been for a while? Look's like gotta wait half a year again then. :shifty:

Since harmonix made rock band and gh 1, 2, and 80s, it'll be more like those than as some people would say, the "overcharted" gh3 charts.

And with rb2 coming out in the states this upcoming weekend for ps3 you could just order the US version since I think the ps3 is region free.

Time to put on some flannel for this weeks DLC.

Breed

Lounge Act

On a Plain

Polly

Something in the Way

Stay Away

Territorial Pissings

All tracks are masters.

The full Nirvana 7 Pack will $10.99 (880 Microsoft Points) or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track.

These tracks will be available on Xbox360 on October 21st and on the PS3 on October 23rd.

I thought there was only one Nirvana song previous to this pack. Unless you're being sarcastic, which is possible since I tend to misunderstand a lot these days >_>

Edited by Kanery

I thought there was only one Nirvana song previous to this pack. Unless you're being sarcastic, which is possible since I tend to misunderstand a lot these days >_>

Mostly sarcasm... I know there's the two songs, In Bloom from the first game, and the new one in the second game... I don't think they've had DLC yet, but I'm not 100% sure, and I'm too lazy to go look.

Who knows... maybe I can find my rose tinted 90's glasses, and then I can stick my head up my ass and enjoy the whole Nirvana pack instead of just the one song.

Ah, see I can't have the second game yet >_>

Nirvana are alright, they don't suck but they're not awesome. Can I allow myself to believe they were told to get a grunge band and meant to pick Soundgarden but fucked up? :shifty:

Nirvana are alright, they don't suck but they're not awesome. Can I allow myself to believe they were told to get a grunge band and meant to pick Soundgarden but fucked up? :shifty:

There's the same amount of Soundgarden stuff in the games right now. Two songs each. If they just went with "Get something Grunge", then Nirvana would have won out because of how popular they are.

Seriously though...I think we need more Pearl Jam, or even one of the hundreds of other good grunge bands that don't get any representation in Rock Band. Candlebox even... if they're afraid of sales, release it as a Grunge Pack, with one Nirvana song to headline, and some other stuff...

I just look at the Grunge genre, and I honestly don't think Nirvana's even one of the Top 5 bands from the genre. I understand that they're going to sell lots of Nirvana DLC, and for that reason, I don't have a legitimate gripe with this week's DLC. Last week, I got my Motley Crue, so I'm okay. Hopefully the 10/28 DLC is something more appealing to me, but whatever.

There's the same amount of Soundgarden stuff in the games right now. Two songs each. If they just went with "Get something Grunge", then Nirvana would have won out because of how popular they are.

Seriously though...I think we need more Pearl Jam, or even one of the hundreds of other good grunge bands that don't get any representation in Rock Band. Candlebox even... if they're afraid of sales, release it as a Grunge Pack, with one Nirvana song to headline, and some other stuff...

I just look at the Grunge genre, and I honestly don't think Nirvana's even one of the Top 5 bands from the genre. I understand that they're going to sell lots of Nirvana DLC, and for that reason, I don't have a legitimate gripe with this week's DLC. Last week, I got my Motley Crue, so I'm okay. Hopefully the 10/28 DLC is something more appealing to me, but whatever.

To virtually everyone who was old enough at the time, say grunge, and they immediately think Nirvana. To suggest they weren't one of the top 5 in the genre is absurd. I know there's the likes of Pearl Jam, AIC, Mudhoney, Candelbox and about 8000 others that I haven't heard of, but that's the point, no one's heard of them. Nirvana were sort of the flag-bearers.

But yeah, I like Nirvana, but I'm not terribly excited for any of those tracks, but if I know anyone else grabbing them, I might pick a couple up.

Edited by Dragsy