Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

You probably got the full lot for around £130, right?

From what I've looked at, the game's around £35, as is the guitar. The drumset is around £60-70 and the band in a box which includes drumset, guitar and mic is £100.

So I’ve been going through a world tour on Guitar on medium difficulty and I have reached worldwide stardom and unlocked most tracks. I’ve now got to Painkiller by Judas Priest but the game won’t let me play it on anything lower than hard difficulty which I’ll admit absolutely destroys me. Is there any other way to unlock this track other than using the unlock all songs cheat?

Edit: Nevermind, the track just popped up in a medium setlist and I unlocked it that way.

Edited by Lopro

1/6 DLC Roy Orbison Pack

Claudette

In Dreams

Mean Woman Blues

Oh, Pretty Woman

Ooby Dooby

You Got It

All tracks are masters. Tracks will be available each for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) or $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the full pack. The Roy Orbison pack will release on Tuesday, January 6th on Xbox 360 and Thursday, January 15, 2009 for PS3 (due to the holiday break).

No surprise there or anything.

No Rock Band 3 in 2009:

Harmonix cofounder says studio's primary focus will be creating Beatles project and downloadable content this year; 30 million songs downloaded.

In October, MTV Games and Harmonix scored a monumental win in the rhythm game arms race by announcing an exclusive collaboration with Apple Corps. to create a title based on the catalog of Liverpool supergroup The Beatles. Rather than a spin-off Rock Band along the lines of the AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack, Harmonix cofounder Alex Rigopoulos emphasized that the Beatles title--due holiday 2009--would be an all-new music game "built from the ground up."

As it would turn out, Harmonix has opted to sideline any new installments in its Rock Band franchise for 2009 to focus on the Beatles project. Following online reports, MTV has confirmed for GameSpot that while Harmonix will continue its weekly Rock Band and Rock Band 2 downloadable song releases, it does not plan to release any new installments in the series this year.

"Within the context of that question, Alex did make those comments and that The Beatles game is the priority (but not our only project for 2009, as we will continue to release our weekly Rock Band [downloadable content])," said a MTV games representative. "It's important to note that he also stated to the audience that 'Rock Band 3' does not yet exist as an official project."

Rigopoulos' comments came today by way of a Q&A session during the Billboard Digital Music Live panel at this year Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas. The noted game designer also revealed during the panel that song downloads for Rock Band and Rock Band 2 had reached the 30 million unit marker, according to PaidContent.org. Rigopoulos also addressed the issue of additional peripherals for Harmonix's rhythm games, saying that the addition of a keyboard remained a "maybe."

I approve of focusing on DLC and not Activision-ing the franchise with yearly updates.

Just had a winning bid on ebay this evening. Got a brand new Band in the Box and Rock Band the game for £87. So I shall be rocking out in just 2 to 8 business days.

Oddly enough, £87 is exactly what I paid for mine.

No Rock Band 3 in 2009:

Harmonix cofounder says studio's primary focus will be creating Beatles project and downloadable content this year; 30 million songs downloaded.

In October, MTV Games and Harmonix scored a monumental win in the rhythm game arms race by announcing an exclusive collaboration with Apple Corps. to create a title based on the catalog of Liverpool supergroup The Beatles. Rather than a spin-off Rock Band along the lines of the AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack, Harmonix cofounder Alex Rigopoulos emphasized that the Beatles title--due holiday 2009--would be an all-new music game "built from the ground up."

As it would turn out, Harmonix has opted to sideline any new installments in its Rock Band franchise for 2009 to focus on the Beatles project. Following online reports, MTV has confirmed for GameSpot that while Harmonix will continue its weekly Rock Band and Rock Band 2 downloadable song releases, it does not plan to release any new installments in the series this year.

"Within the context of that question, Alex did make those comments and that The Beatles game is the priority (but not our only project for 2009, as we will continue to release our weekly Rock Band [downloadable content])," said a MTV games representative. "It's important to note that he also stated to the audience that 'Rock Band 3' does not yet exist as an official project."

Rigopoulos' comments came today by way of a Q&A session during the Billboard Digital Music Live panel at this year Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas. The noted game designer also revealed during the panel that song downloads for Rock Band and Rock Band 2 had reached the 30 million unit marker, according to PaidContent.org. Rigopoulos also addressed the issue of additional peripherals for Harmonix's rhythm games, saying that the addition of a keyboard remained a "maybe."

I approve of focusing on DLC and not Activision-ing the franchise with yearly updates.

I also approve, some sort of DLC pack - more than just songs, perhaps clothing, instruments, or World Tour Venues, might be a good idea, but it's refreshing to see a franchise allowed time rather than be whored out.

Got my Rock Band in the post earlier today. Only got to play on it for an hour before work but I'm already hooked! This is a major step for someone who's disc drive is normally never vacated by FIFA. I vow to have unlocked Enter Sandman by the end of Friday night <_<

1/13 DLC

Here's the DLC for the week of January 13th. We're putting out a sweet Lenny Kravitz 4 Song Pack, including the following songs:

Are You Gonna Go My Way

Freedom Train

Let Love Rule

Mr. Cab Driver

In addition to the Kravitz 4 Pack, we're also putting out two tracks from a pair of fan favorite Harmonix bands.

Megasus - Megasus

Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - Entangled

All tracks are masters. The Kravitz tracks will be available for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) a piece or $6.99 (560 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the full 4 song pack pack. The HMX tracks will be $0.99 (80 Microsoft Points) a piece.

These tracks will be available on the Xbox Marketplace on January 13th, and they'll be up in the Playstation Store on January 15th. The Playstation Store will also be updating with last week's Roy Orbison 6 Pack as well, and you can check last week's announcement thread here for the track listing and pricing.

Can someone just clear up something for me.

Can you still unlock songs on RB1 by playing on Easy on the Band World Tour? I read one thing that said you don't unlock as many on Easy as you do Medium (which would make sense) yet other places say you can only unlock songs on Medium+

My drummer (the girlfriend) and I (being complete and total RB rookies) are trying to play through on Medium to be able to unlock more stuff but we're running into trouble (mainly me having to use Overdrive to save her fairly often).

So I could unlock all the songs on Easy but I would just have to keep playing the same songs over and over in order to gain enough fans?

I think I'll end up trying to get them unlocked through Solo tour instead. I just wanna play something other than the 15 odd songs you start with. :/

edit: Yay for unlocking Foo Fighters and Killers songs. Sooo much easier using the linear solo tour.

Good news for Wii owners, you finally get DLC:

Harmonix promised Rock Band 2 DLC for the Wii in "early 2009," and it looks like they're as good as their word. Fifty songs are now available for download via the in-game shop.

Shacknews is reporting that each premium track will run you 200 Wii Points ($2), but there are also twenty free tracks for your perusal. In lieu of a hard drive, it looks like the songs can be stored on your average SD card (or Harmonix's official Rock Band 2 SD card). And as time goes on, Harmonix will continue to build the catalog to bring it more in line with offerings on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Hit the jump for a full list of available tracks.

Premium Songs

* 30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill

* All-American Rejects - Move Along

* Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife

* Black Tide - Shockwave

* Blink-182 - All the Small Things

* Blondie - Call Me

* Boston - More Than a Feeling

* Boston - Rock & Roll Band

* Disturbed - Inside the Fire

* Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race

* Jimmy Buffett - Cheeseburger in Paradise

* Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man

* Metallica - And Justice For All

* Motley Crue - Saints of Los Angeles

* Muse - Hysteria

* Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug

* Oasis - Wonderwall

* Papa Roach - Time is Running Out

* Paramore - Crushcrushcrush

* Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (( Hey Oh )

* Rush - Working Man (Vault Edition)

* Serj Tankian - Beethoven's C***

* Smashing Pumpkins - Zero

* Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song

* Stone Temple Pilots - Sex Type Thing

* The Offspring - Hammerhead

* The Police - Message in a Bottle

* The Who - Baba O'Riley

* Weezer - Buddy Holly

* Weezer - El Scorcho

Free Tracks

* 88, The - Sons & Daughters