Combat Zone Wrestling

Gabriel

czw.gif

Prologue: I'm not going to put a backstory in here... but I am going to start this diary with an out of character look at why I originally had decided upon CZW as my first diary in what feels like quite some time, but is probably only been a month...I'm horrible at keeping track of time.

After reading the events of April's Out With the Old, In With the New show, the gears started turning in my head, and I had this entire storyline planned out that would span the entire company, and another company as well.

For those of you who don't know, at CZW's April show, Eddie Kingston defeated Chris Hero in a Loser Leaves CZW match. After the match, Kingston refused to shake Hero's hand, and was then supposed to take a Lariat from the motherfuckin' man himself, John Zandig.

Kingston, however, believed that Zandig was simply trying to steal his moment, and instead of going along with the original plan, Kingston took a walk to the back...leaving John Zandig alone in the ring, pissed off, and with a microphone. Needless to say, shit hit the fan, and Zandig publically fired the former CZW Heavyweight Champion, going on a tirade that touched on Kingston, the boys in the back who give 100% every month, and the internet fans who've been shitting all over everything.

The original plan for this diary, was to see Zandig continue his loose cannon ways as boss, firing many people and having others leave because of lack of opportunity... all the while, a new promotion would be running the New Alhambra arena, using these talents that were leaving CZW.

CZW itself would start to bring back old names out of desperation as its' product continued to decline, while this other promotion, which I even went out of my way and asked permission to use a name for, would be the hot new thing. Eventually, CZW would start showing up at their shows and causing shit...which would lead to a few worked-shoot fights between workers, setting up the Cage of Death event to be co-promoted by both companies, with the main event being a 5 on 5 Cage of Death match, and the winning promotion taking over, while the losing promotion would be forced to fold.

It's May now... that storyline takes us into November and involves the entirety of both companies. Would have been great, but here's where I run into a roadblock, two days ago.

While watching that very same event that sparked this entire idea, I listened to Zandig's words, and saw the actions of all involved, and the truth is... I would have done the same thing, put in that situation... so I can't in good conscience run this storyline which had me so excited to get started on a diary again.

Oh, and by the way, also at Out with the Old, Zandig and company screwed over Jigsaw. Jigsaw, the reigning Junior Heavyweight Champion heading into the show, informed Zandig that he would be missing a few shows because he took other bookings. Internet reports say that Jigsaw offered to drop the belt, and it was agreed he would drop it to Scotty Vortekz. The match itself wasn't too bad, but Jigsaw was visibly distracted and unhappy.

Why is that? I'm glad you asked. It was because before the match started, Maven Bentley came out unannounced and made it known that whoever lost the match would not be allowed in the Best of the Best tournament this year. Jigsaw, apparently, had already arranged with Zandig to be there at the tournament despite losing the belt... but Zandig, in a twist, sent out Bentley to make the announcement, and poor Jigsaw saw his future with the company crumpled.

So what's this diary going to be then, if not the original idea? Well, even though I can't totally fault Zandig anymore, I still don't agree with a lot of his decisions, and the company is at a point where it could very easily hit a meteoric rise again like it did a couple of years ago...or it could wind up drawing flies and paying workers with cocaine... who knows. Either way, the point is, there is a lot to work with in CZW, and I'm going to return it to its' glory days...and take it even further. Fuck WWE. Fuck TNA. Fuck ROH. If it's not C Z Fuckin' W...it's not fucking shit.

RestoreTheOrderLiveEvent.jpg

CZW Restore The Order

Saturday Week 2 of May

New Alhambra Arena in Philadelphia, PA

Ultraviolent Underground Championship

Drake Younger © Vs Brain Damage

CZW Junior Heavyweight Championship

Vortekz © Vs Cloudy

CZW World Heavyweight Championship

Justice Pain © Vs Nick Gage

Singles Match

Ruckus Vs Niles Young

Singles Match

Sabian Vs Derek Frazier

Tag Team Match

The Iron Saints Vs Team AnDrew

Singles Match

Cheech Vs The Grim Reefer

Singles Match

JC Ryder Vs CJ O'Doyle

Singles Match

Jon Dahmer Vs Ryan McBride

Singles Match

Monsta Mack Vs DJ Hyde

There will be a prediction contest, with the winner receiving the ability to choose the winner to any one match for next show. The next update to this diary will be the results to Restore the Order...with some surprises in store for the card. By the way... prediction contest stuff...the only matches that count are the matches that happen without any changes to them. And if there is a tie, then the person who got their predictions in first will be awarded the win.

Edited by Sterling Gabe Keenan

Ultraviolent Underground Championship

Without Kingston or Hero, you’re going to need new main eventers. I think Younger could be one of them, so he drops the title...like he did the other day in real life.

Vortekz © Vs Cloudy

Won it not too long ago, so I’m going Vortekz.

CZW World Heavyweight Championship

Justice Pain © Vs Nick Gage

No real logic behind this one. None at all.

Singles Match

Ruckus Vs Niles Young

I like Ruckus, so he wins.

Singles Match

Sabian Vs Derek Frazier

Already have one BLKOUT member winning, so Frazier gets it.

Tag Team Match

The Iron Saints Vs Team AnDrew

I’m pretty sure they’ve been in CZW longer, so I’m going with them.

Singles Match

Cheech Vs The Grim Reefer

Just a guess.

Singles Match

JC Ryder Vs CJ O'Doyle

Because I’ve never heard of Ryder.

Singles Match

Jon Dahmer Vs Ryan McBride

Same as above.

Singles Match

Monsta Mack Vs DJ Hyde

He’s a champ. He wins.

Looking forward to it.

I came in to add that, but I see it's not needed. Good luck... there's plenty of realistic options, as long as they entail Brain Damage destroying everyone.

RestoreTheOrderLiveEvent.jpg

CZW Restore the Order

Saturday Week 2 of May

From the New Alhambra Arena in Philadelphia, PA

With both Jon Dahmer and Ryan McBride in the ring and ready for the opening match, when they were interrupted by the sound of Gloria Gaynor's hit song "I Will Survive". Greg Excellent stepped out into the aisle and grabbed a microphone, saying that he's on a quest for Best of the Best, and he figures, that if he can beat Dahmer and McBride tonight, that he will have earned himself a slot in the annual tournament. McBride looks a little it hesitant at first, but Dahmer smiled, yelled that he would kill both of them tonight, and asked for the bell to be rung.

Three Way Dance

Jon Dahmer Vs Ryan McBride Vs Greg Excellent

-Excellent immediately regretted his decision to add himself to this opening bout, as within mere seconds of entering the ring, found himself dropped on his head, courtesy of a Jon Dahmer Backdrop Driver. Dahmer put a beat down on both of his young opponents while sporting a very trendy Misfits shirt. McBride escaped a Belly to Back Suplex attempt by flipping over, and then hit a Dropkick to the back of Dahmer, which sent him hard and fast into Excellent, who caught him with a Lariat that connected square on the chin. Excellent and McBride exchanged Arm Drags, but upon coming up from delivering one, Excellent walked right into a huge Lariat from Dahmer that knocked him silly. Dahmer went after McBride, but was low bridged and ended up on the concrete floor of the New Alhambra.

McBride, sensing the opportunity, hit the ropes and came off hard with a Suicide Dive on Dahmer, which he followed up on by hitting a Standing Moonsault on the floor. "Hotshot" Ryan McBride pulled himself up onto the apron, and looked to be setting up for an Asai Moonsault, but Greg Excellent caught him with a hard Forearm and set up for a Suplex back into the ring. McBride, however, had other plans, as he floated over the Suplex and rolled Excellent up for the three count.

Tag Team Match

Iron Saints Vs Team AnDrew

-The sounds of Motley Crue blasted through the PA system as the fans in attendance boo'd the hell out of the hair metal icons. Good news for Vito and Sal Thomaselli though, as they really don't give a shit what anyone in the crowd thought. A fan spat his gum at Vito, and Sal threatened to punch him while his brother held his arm back. The two men gathered some real heel heat in their first appearance here in CZW. In their first match with Combat Zone, the Thomaselli Brothers drew a rough opponent as Andy Sumner and Drew Gulak came out to the ring. Team AnDrew has been on fire recently here in CZW and tonight would be no different, as they started the match off fast, knowing better than to trust a Thomaselli handshake, and instead, taking the fight right to them.

Sumner displayed great strength with a Fallaway Slam/Samoan Drop combo on both men at the same time, but like usual, the opponents of Team AnDrew saw Gulak as a weakness and attacked. The Saints, feeling a bit brash on this night, hit a Double Big Boot and sequential Legdrops, ala Hulk Hogan, and even did the Hogan poses... but they turned around and had to face the wrath of Andy Sumner, who took them out with Lariats, and then hit Vito with a Death Valley Driver, incapacitating him for the time being. Sumner and Sal hit the mat with some nice chain wrestling. Andy grabbed the advantage and hit a nice Vertical Suplex, but stood up and received a Superkick from Vito.

Sal and Vito then used some classic double teaming, including the oh so loved "I'll grab your hand while you have him in an Abdominal Stretch, for leverage, and you'll wrench back and scream and draw attention to yourself" routine. The Iron Saints tried to end the match with the Drive-By on Sumner, but he escaped as Vito was about to connect, and sprawled to his corner, where Gulak was waiting for a tag. The very small, but extremely wirey, Gulak came in like a house on fire, that had been raped by a mansion, with a stick up its' ass. Gulak hit a couple of German Suplexes, and some nice knees to Sal's head, but Vito came in with a chair and clocked him good. Sumner came back in, but Vito ducked under a Lariat and nailed him with the chair.

Vito and Sal then hit a Double DDT onto the chair to take out Sumner, and then Vito locked Gulak into the Inverted Texas Cloverleaf, and Sal picked him up by the head to add elevation to it before dropping him skull first on the mat with a vicious and sick DDT for the win.

Singles Match

Cheech Vs Grim Reefer

-Up next was a decent bout between two Junior Heavyweight's who are likely looking to find themselves a spot in this year's Best of the Best tournament. Cheech, who recently beat the shit out of his partner Cloudy, was going up against the Grim Reefer. Reefer got a good reaction from the majority of the fans, but there was a very small, but very vocal group of fans who completely shit on everything he did. Good for them. Reefer dominated the early parts of the match with some generic shit, but it was soon time to fly, as he hit a Springboard Flipping Dive onto Cheech on the outside, and then, upon getting up, motioned that he was going to smoke some weed later... Cheech, seeing this, also motioned it, but Reefer just kicked him in the face for his troubles.

Reefer pulled his opponent up to his feet and gave him an Irish Whip into the guardrail, but upon running in after him, caught a steel chair to the face that Cheech pulled out of the crowd. With the chair being discarded, Cheech sent Reefer hard into the ringpost, and then back into the ring. Reefer blocked a Here It Is Driver, which I'm calling that because it's how I know it...not that it's what Cheech would call it... and then mounted a comeback, hitting some nice forearms, and then a couple of weak-ass Knife Edged Chops. Reefer went for a Michinoku Driver, but as quickly as he caught fire, he found himself burnt out, as Cheech reversed it into a Michinoku Driver of his own, which he would then follow with a Shooting Star Press for the three count.

Singles Match

Scotty Vortekz © Vs Cloudy

-The reigning and defending Champion, Vortekz, has been on a role here in Combat Zone Wrestling the last few months and is a veteran of both Junior Heavyweight and Deathmatch competition. Vortekz defeated former Champion Jigsaw last month at Out With the Old, In With the New to win the title, and this match would be his first defense. Cloudy wasn't about to make it easy for the Champ, though, as the two men battled back and forth, with neither of them being able to get a real hold on to an advantage. Vortekz scored a near-fall with a Fisherman's Buster off the second turnbuckle, but this only seemed to fuel the fire from which Cloudy was gathering his strength. Cloudy reversed a Tilt-A-Whirl into a Tornado DDT, and then went outside and under the ring, looking for weapons.

The challenger came up with a table, and a ladder. After sliding them both into the ring though, Cloudy was met by the boots of Vortekz, which caught him dead-on in the nose. Vortekz then scored with a Plancha onto Cloudy, and sent him back into the ring. The Champion was quick to utilize the ladder, as he executed a picture perfect, if you only had one eye, Suplex onto the ladder, which was leaned up against the bottom rope. From there, Vortekz would climb to the top rope and try for a Double Stomp, but Cloudy moved at the last second and the Champion drove his left foot into the canvas and his right foot, and then knee, into the ladder hard. Cloudy set up the table behind the ladder, and climbed on top, looking to Suplex the Champion from on the ladder, through the table.

Vortekz was one step ahead of him though, as he blocked the Suplex attempt, and hit a DDT onto the ladder. Vortekz regained his composure, and moved the ladder up to the second rope, where he positioned it more in the corner, so it wasn't resting on the ground at all. With Cloudy down and out, Vortekz grabbed him by the hair and pulled him up onto the ladder, where he then positioned him in a Fireman's Carry, which was the prelude to...you may have guessed it...you may not have... a TKO off the ladder and through the table! Vortekz crawled on top of his opponent and scored the three count in a successful defense of his newly won Title.

"Piggy Bank" hits on the PA, and the fitty cent sounds of 50 Cent fill the Alhambra as Maven Bentley makes his way to the ring with his personal crusher, and Iron Man Champion, DJ Hyde. Maven grabs a mic and announces that Monsta Mack, who was scheduled to face Hyde tonight for the title, has yet to show up at the arena... gee, I wonder why (note to readers: Mack is out with an injured leg, and Maven knew this). Anyways, Bentley then orders the bell to ring, and the ref to count to 10. Your winner, by countout, DJ Hyde.

Hold on just a second though... Hyde's night wasn't yet over, as Metallica hit, and the CZW original, Nick Gage made his way out to the ring. Maven asked him what he wanted, and Gage said that tonight, Justice Pain wasn't here because of a welding accident, and that means that he won't be getting his title shot like was contractually agreed to. Maven tries to beat around the bush, but Hyde sees where Gage is going with his tirade and tries to tell Maven it's okay. Bentley says no, but Gage says that he's leaving tonight with CZW gold around his waist, one fuckin' way or another. With that, Gage drew back and leveled Bentley with a big time right hand, and Hyde took him down with a big Lariat. Hyde pulled him up to his feet and connected with another, and Bentley ordered the match to begin.

CZW Iron Man Championship

Singles Match

DJ Hyde © w/ Maven Bentley Vs Nick Gage

-With Gage already down and out from the two stiff Lariats, Hyde went for the cover, but last year's Tournament of Death winner kicked out at two, got to his knees, and shot the current Champion the middle finger. Hyde delivered a couple of hard Forearms at a downward angle, adding more to them because of his weight, but Gage stood up, seemingly unscathed, and unloaded on Maven Bentley's personal fat fuck. Hyde took a plethora of hard shots from Gage, which rocked the big man. Gage executed an Irish Whip, but Hyde saw him telegraph a Back Body Drop, stopped in mid-move, and planted a foot to the top of his head. Hyde called for something from Maven Bentley, and the Commissioner obliged, tossing in a steel chair to the Iron Man Champ.

Hyde wound up, but Gage ducked under a baseball swing and connected with big right hand to the jaw. Hyde let go of the chair with one of his hands, but that was enough to allow Gage to take it from him, and just as quickly as someone could blow their load on Noel Harlow -- Hyde was demolished with an absolutely brutal chair shot. The Champion got back up to his feet, but again, was sent back to the canvas with yet another chairshot from "The Future of Hardcore" Nick Gage. The two men would go on to exchange Forearms for a bit, with Gage again coming out on top, this time with a Lariat of his own. Gage set up for the Hardcore Drop, but Bentley grabbed his legs and pulled, dropping Hyde directly on top for a two count.

Gage got up and stared down the Commissioner, but turned into a huge chairshot that caught him on the bridge of his brow and busted him open. Hyde asked for a table, and Maven slid one into the ring and helped set it up. Gage was put onto the table, and DJ Hyde came off the top rope with a huge Splash. Cover by Hyde, but only a two count. Maven argued with the referee, but it was to no avail. Bentley and Hyde then put the boots to Gage for a bit, before sending him into the ropes with a double team Irish Whip. They were trying for something, but we'll never know what it was, because Gage came off the ropes with a Yakuza Kick to Hyde, span around with a Lariat to Bentley, and then capped it all off by catching DJ Hyde as he got up with a Goozle, and then driving him down hard with the Chokebreaker across his knee.

Gage couldn't capitalize on the move though, as he was suffering from a combination of exhaustion and brutal pain from giving a man the size of DJ Hyde the Chokebreaker. Gage clutched onto his knee, but was soon pulling himself up to his feet by aid of the ring ropes. Bentley got up behind Gage and sized him up for a kick to the back of the knee, but Nick caught him out of the corner of his eye and charged, however, Maven was quick enough to high-tail it out of the ring and to the top of the entrance ramp. Gage let Maven distract him too long though, because Hyde was back up and connected with a devastating Head Drop Release German Suplex.

Hyde though, showed his inexperience by not keeping an eye on his opponent. Gage took the full force of the move, rolled onto his feet, grabbed the steel chair and hit the ropes, coming off and almost decapitating DJ Hyde with the already battered chair. Hyde crumpled, but tried to get back up, which only pissed off Gage, as he rained down steel chair shots on the Champ until referee Dee Edwards had to step in and calm him down. Gage then went for the cover, and there was no way Hyde was kicking out. We have a new CZW Iron Man Champion in Nick Gage.

Singles Match

CJ O'Doyle Vs JC Ryder

-Coming off the heels of a brutal exchange between two heavyweights, we would get a junior heavyweight showdown between "Irish Lionheart" CJ O'Doyle and "The New Jersey All-Star" JC Ryder. Ryder seems to be going out on his own now, since his former partner has since left the Combat Zone, but this would be a hard test for him, as O'Doyle made his debut last month at Out With the Old, and looks to be a hot commodity here in CZW. Both men here are looking to be part of this year's Best of the Best tournament, and a win here would definately make it hard for them to be overlooked. O'Doyle had the fans behind him and jeering the New Jersey native, but Ryder fed on it, as he worked over the arm of the Irish Lionheart. Ryder ran up the turnbuckles after an Arm Wrench and took O'Doyle over with an impressive lucha style Arm Drag.

Ryder continued to work on the arm, as he dropped a leg on it, and then applied a Hammerlock and bridged on the mat. O'Doyle escaped by making it to the ropes, but Ryder was relentless on the attack. JC's excitement got the best of him though, as he missed a Plancha over the top rope. O'Doyle sent him hard into the guardrail with an Irish Whip, and followed up with a Double Underhook Suplex onto the concret floor. O'Doyle continued the assault, and even hit a Powerbomb in the middle of the ring, but only got two. Ryder tried for a comeback, but while going for a Tornado DDT, was stopped, and O'Doyle connected with a knee to the gut, and followed up with his finisher, the Double Pump Brainbuster for yet another win in CZW.

After his match, O'Doyle called for the microphone, and officially entered himself into this year's Best of the Best. That makes him the first man in a field that is rumored to include 16. Only two months until the event, and only one man has been announced.

"Closer" by Nine Inch Nails hit on the PA, and everyone in the Arena knew what time it was... it was Simply Marvelous time! Mitch Ryder made his way out to the ring, sans Maven Bentley, and grabbed a microphone. Wearing his ring attire, accented by a silver robe and pink boas, Ryder began a verbal tirade on Necro Butcher, saying that the Butcher wasn't healthy enough to be put in a fight with Mitch Ryder at Tournament of Death, and claimed that John Zandig should be ashamed of himself for allowing that match to happen. Regardless, Ryder issued an open challenge, as he seemed very confident that there was no one left in the back who would present a challenge to him.

Lynard Skynard's "Freebird" hit over the PA, and Ryder went ballistic, thinking it was going to be the Necro Butcher coming out, but instead, Necro's partner Toby Klein came out to a loud crowd, and hit the ring, throwing rights with Ryder before the bell even rang.

Singles Match

Mitch Ryder Vs Toby Klein

-The beginning of the match amounted to little more than a fist fight, as neither man seemed to be looking to do any wrestling. The brawl hit the outside of the ring, and Klein took the advantage, using a cup of beer to bash Ryder in the face, but CZW Commissioner Maven Bentley ran out with a steel chair and caught Klein from behind, knocking him to the floor. Mr Insanity didn't stay down though, as he got right back up and into the face of Peanut Head. Klein wound up to hit him in the face with a right hand, but Ryder grabbed him by the arm, swung him around and laid him out with a Clothesline. Ryder and Maven put the boots to Klein, and then rolled him back into the ring. Mitch slid in and went for the cover, but barely got a two count of it.

Klein battled back up to his feet, and the two men locked up, with Ryder displaying his superiority when it comes to the technical aspect of pro wrestling. Ryder took Klein to the mat with a Headlock Takeover, and then applied the pressure, trying to keep him down. Toby reversed it into a pinfall for a two count, and Ryder let go. Mitch hit the ropes, but was followed close behind by Klein, who Clotheslined him over the top and to the outside. As Ryder made his way to his feet, Klein launched himself over the top rope with a Plancha and connected perfectly. Toby Klein then sent him into the guardrail with an Irish Whip, and then exchanged fists on the way up the ramp. Klein connected with a Suplex on the ramp, and Ryder clutched at his back.

Toby grabbed a section of guard rail that wasn't connected, and drove it into the midsection of Ryder as he stood up. Klein slid the railing into the ring, and then went after Ryder, who caught him off guard with a low blow. Ryder connected with a DDT onto the guard rail, and busted open Klein. Mr Insanity got up though, and barked the crowd into a frenzy as he hit rights and lefts, and then a big Bodyslam. Klein set up for a Powerbomb onto the railing, but Maven Bentley attacked him from behind. Toby turned his attention to Maven, allowing Mitch Ryder to recuperate, and that was enough, as Mitch chop-blocked Klein, and then pulled him up with the aid of the commissioner and hit a devastating Piledriver onto the railing. Ryder covered, but suprisingly only got a two count. Ryder, absolutely flabergasted, stood up and looked at Bentley.

Neither man knew what to do, but as Klein tried getting back to his feet, Maven kicked him in the stomach, and told Ryder to do it again. Simply Marvelous listened to the Commissioner, and sent Klein head first, again, into the rail with another Piledriver. This time, before the pin, Ryder placed the railing on top of Klein, and then Bentley jumped on top of him to ensure they would get the three count.

Singles Match

Sabian w/ the BLKOUT Vs Derek Frazier w/ Niles Young and Noel Harlow

-The Todd Bridges of Fuckin' Bitches, as announced by Big Larry K himself, started out hot against challenger Derek Frazier. Frazier, who came accompanied by his partner Niles Young and Niles' fiancee Noel Harlow, tried for a Brainbuster early on, but Sabian caught him with a knee to the head to block it, and then came down in one fluid motion with a Lungblower. The crowd went nuts for the innovation by the Black Jesus... however, it would be short lived, as Frazier took Sabian down with a Divorce Court and applied a Fujiwara Armbar. Frazier was looking more to do damage than to get the submission at this point in the match, and it worked. Sabian's left arm dangled from his side as Frazier took him up and brought him down with a Suplex. Frazier hit a Sitout Powerbomb, and then went up top, but missed a Legdrop.

Sabian hit a Backdrop Driver, and then caught Frazier with a Shining Wizard, but only got a two count. Sabian called for, and tried to hit, a Lariat, but Frazier blocked it with his forearms, spun Sabian around and then caught him on the jaw with a beautiful Superkick. Frazier went for a cover, but only got a two count, as "Primo" Robbie Mireno pulled the ref to the outside. The referee argued with Mireno, and this allowed Ruckus to sneak into the ring and hit Frazier with a Pump Handle Facebuster. Niles Young ran into the ring though and Clotheslined Ruckus over the top. Chrissy Rivera jumped up onto the apron and into the ring. She grabbed Niles from behind and went to slap him, but Niles spun her around into a Spear from Noel! Harlow and Rivera rolled around on the mat, and Young slid out of the ring and nailed Mireno with a right hand.

Sabian was climbing the ropes as Ruckus dove up and over with a Flipping Dive onto Young on the outside. Sabian went for a Double Stomp to the back of Frazier's head, but Derek backed towards the corner to avoid it, rolled Sabian up and grabbed a handful of tights to win the match.

Before the next match was to be started, referee Dee Edwards ordered everyone except for Noel Harlow and Robbie Mireno to the back, going so far as grabbing a microphone and saying that an entourage wasn't needed at ringside, and anyone who didn't leave would be fined. Big Larry K took the mic to argue, but Zandig came out to the entrance ramp and said that if they didn't leave, they would be fined, reiterating Edwards' threat. Larry convinced Zandig to allow him to properly introduce Ruckus, but midway through the introduction, with his eyes closed, Larry would receive a big Yakuza Kick from Niles Young, jumpstarting the match.

Singles Match

Ruckus w/ Robbie Mireno Vs Niles Young w/ Noel Harlow

-Ruckus went right after Niles for what he did to the BLKOUT's favorite ring announcer. Ruckus rained down the rights and lefts on Young, but Niles shoved him off and slid to the outside, where he would get a hug from Noel Harlow and make me jealous. Ruckus slid to the outside though too, not wanting to giuve Niles Young any time to breathe, but that proved to be a mistake, as Niles saw him coming lifted him onto the guardrail, dropping him chest first across the steel. Young put a big boot to the temple of his opponent, and then rolled him back into the ring. Young hit a Reverse Neckbreaker, and then went for the pin, but Ruckus kicked out. The Bruce Lee of Ooooo-Eeeeee got fired up with the roar from the fans backing him and hit a beautiful Somersault Kick to the back of the neck.

Ruckus went hard and heavy with some Forearms and Knife Edged Chops, and then whipped Niles into the turnbuckle and tried for the Razzle Dazzle. As fate would have it though, Ruckus was not meant to hit the move at that particular time, and Young caught him, and sent him into the buckles with a German Suplex. Niles pounced like a horny journalist on a naked Noel Harlow, putting the boots to the Tag Team Champion, and going so far as to choke him with his foot. Mireno argued with the ref, who seemed more interested in watching the illegal activity than stopping it. Young spat on Mireno, and Robbie got right up in his face on the apron. Mireno pie-faced Young, who stepped backward into a roll up by Ruckus for a very close two count.

Noel slid into the ring, being careful not to let too much of her ass show in her little sun dress, and then stood up, removed her red-hot shades and dared Mireno to come into the ring. "Primo" Robbie Mireno, being the tough guy that he is, slid into the ring, accepting the challenge. The two circled each other, bad mouthing one another at the same time. Ruckus grabbed Harlow by the hair, but Young tackled him to the mat and started throwing fists. Mireno took off his jacket, let out a womanish scream, and charged, taking Noel down with a tackle and then rolling around on the mat with her. CATFIGHT!!! CATFIGHT!!!

Anyways... Ruckus and Young exchanged Forearms, but Niles tried for a Superkick, which missed, leading to a boot to the gut and then a Running Flipping Neckbreaker by Ruckus. Young kicked out at one, but got up to a knee and received a Shining Wizard, which then led to Ruckus pulling him up to his feet and connecting with the Hate Crime for one, two, three.

Main Event

CZW Ultraviolent Underground Championship

Singles Match

-Not much hooplah before the match starts, as both men stare each other down. Younger extends his hand, hoping for a show of respect, but Brain Damage punches him him in the face, and then stands there waiting for a receipt. The bell rings, and Drake punches his opponent in the face. The crowd ooh's and awe's, and the punching continues until Drake can't take any more, and tackles his challenger to the mat. Younger worked his way into a Rear Naked Choke, but Brain Damage rolled them to the outside. Drake grabbed a staple gun from under the ring and caught him off guard with it, driving a staple hard into Damage's neck, and then one more into the shoulder blade.

Brain Damage turned and clocked Drake in the face with a right hand, and then walked around the ring, and pulled a bag of thumbtacks out, placing them in the ring, beside one of the three panes of glass placed gingerly in three of the four corners of the ring. Drake hit Damage in the face with a steel chair, three consecutive times, and then DDT'd the big man. Younger grabbed a roll of barbed wire and placed it on the mat next to Damage, but the Terminator stood up and Drake looked shocked. Damage with a big right hand that rocked Younger, and then a Lariat to put him down. Brain Damage then placed the roll of wire over the nether-regions of Younger, grabbed his legs, and in an ode to Jeff Hardy, dropped the Double Legdrop onto the barbed wire. Younger screamed out in pain, and rolled onto his side.

Brain Damage looked to follow up with a big move, but as he tried for a Powerbomb through one of the panes of glass, he found it reversed by Younger, who sent him through it with a Hurricanrana. Younger pulled him out of the corner and went for the pin, but got barely a two count. Drake grabbed two steel chairs and set them up side by side, but whatever he was going for never happened, as Damage clubbed him with another right hand to the jaw. Drake's jaw, at this point, was turning purple on the left side from all the rights that Damage had thrown. Younger fired back, and then blocked one from his opponent and kicked him square in the balls. Younger then hit a Suplex onto the folded out chairs and went for a cover, but again, just two.

Drake rolled Brain Damage over onto his belly, and then applied the Camel Clutch, even wrapping barbed wire around the face of his opponent, but the challenger would not concede, and Damage stood up out of the move, picking Younger up into an Electric Chair, where he walked over to a corner and dropped him face first through the second pane of glass! Damage with a pin, but only two. The crowd was chanting now, "DRAKE! DRAKE! DRAKE!" but Brain Damage wouldn't let up, as he set up the two chairs, and placed the third pane of glass between them. Younger stood up, and blood was literally pouring out of his face. It was hard to tell where exactly he was cut, but one thing is for sure... Muta ain't got nothin' on this. Brain Damage signaled for a Chokeslam through the glass, but Drake still had some fight left in him.

Younger with a boot to the knee to stop the Chokeslam, and then Drake wrapped his fist in barbed wire and unloaded. First to the face, then a couple shots to the body, then a tackle and a very gruesome thing--- a series of right hands, wrapped in barbed wire, to the groin of his challenger. With both men down and exhausted, the 10 count started, but Drake made it to his feet and called for the end. Younger laid his opponent on the glass pane and then went to the apron...but before he could climb the ropes, was met with a vicious right hand from Brain Damage, who then climbed the ropes with him, set up, and delivered the most sickening Package Piledriver, through the glass pane. Both men were hurt, and there was blood everywhere, but amidst the chaos, and just one month from Tournament of Death, we had a new Ultraviolent Underground Champion.

The new Ultraviolent Underground Champion was greeted in the ring by Commissioner Maven Bentley and his boys, DJ Hyde and Mitch Ryder. All three men took turns patting the seemingly unstoppable Ultraviolent Punisher on the back for his win. Younger began to get up, blood still spewing from his forehead and nose, but Ryder and Hyde made sure to keep him down, putting the boots to him. The beat down continued on with Bentley even getting involved, though Brain Damage looked rather uninterested...that is, until TOBY KLEIN ran out with a steel chair and slid into the ring. Klein with a shot to Bentley, and then Ryder, then Hyde...but the former Iron Man Champ stood tall...until he received another shot, and dropped. Mr Insanity then swung at Damage once, and nothing. Twice, and nothing. A third try, but Damage grabbed the chair and tossed it out of the ring. The new Champ then grabbed Klein by the neck, pulled him in, and hit a Sitout Chokeslam onto the roll of barbed wire.

The heels seemed to be enjoying themselves as they put the boots to their fallen opponents, but all of this stopped as One Man Army hit on the PA, and the crowd exploded as a CZW original came forth, carrying a barbed wire 2x4 in one hand, and a raised middle finger in the other. LOBO climbed into the ring and hit all four men with his 2x4, and all but the new Champion left the ring. Damage lunged at the Hall of Famer with a Lariat, but Lobo ducked under and then used the 2x4 to Clothesline the big man over the top and to the outside. Lobo grabbed a mic as the Maven Bentley Association retreated up the rampway and told them that next month, none of them would make it past the first round of the Tournament of Death, and that was a promise. Lobo also mentioned that if he ever gets his hands on Damage again, he's going to tear the Punisher shirt from his chest and choke him to death with it, because there's only one Punisher in CZW, and it's the motherfuckin' One Man Army!

Quick Results

01. Excellent adds himself to the opening match.

Rating: F

02. McBride d. Excellent and Dahmer in 5:35 via O'Connor Roll.

Rating: D

03. Iron Saints d. Team AnDrew at 13:19 via Inverted Cloverleaf DDT.

Rating: D+

04. Cheech d. Reefer at 8:46 via Shooting Star Press.

Rating: D-

05. Vortekz © d. Cloudy at 10:54 via TKO.

06. Maven counts out Mack.

Rating: E

07. Gage challenges Hyde.

Rating: E+

08. Gage d. Hyde © in 15:47 via rapid fire Steel Chair shots.

Rating: C-

09. O'Doyle d. Ryder in 8:56 via Double Pump Brainbuster.

10. O'Doyle enters himself into BOTB.

Rating: F

11. Ryder runs down Necro.

Rating: E+

12. Klein attacks Ryder, and we get an impromptu match.

Rating: E

13. Ryder d. Klein in 12:43 via Piledriver onto the guard rail.

Rating: C-

14. Frazier d. Sabian in 10:35 via School Boy.

15. Ruckus d. Young in 11:45 via Hate Crime.

Rating: C+

16. Damage d. Younger © in 7:34 via Package Piledriver thru a Glass Pane.

Rating: D

17. Maven's Group beats on Younger and Klein.

Rating: F+

18. Lobo runs out for the save.

Rating: E-

LittleDaniel won the prediction contest with 6 correct picks out of the 7 that were eligible. After the Tournament of Death card is finalized and posted, I will contact you via PM and let you know that you may choose the winner of any one match at Tournament of Death. Thanks to everyone for their predictions, and I hope you enjoyed the show.

CZW Tournament of Death VI - Early Preview

There are two matches already announced for the card, both of which are first round tournament matches.

In the first of the two previously announced bouts, the Necro Butcher will get his hands on Mitch Ryder in a No Ropes Barbed Wire match. After the bullshit ending to their match at Out With the Old in April, many are wondering how much of Simply Marvelous will be left after the Necro Butcher is through with him.

The second announced match will pit Champion Vs Champion, as Junior Heavwyweight Champion Scotty Vortekz, who has been on a roll of late, will clash head to head with the man who shocked the world last month and won the Iron Man Title, Nick Gage. Gage had originally been scheduled to face his brother, Justice Pain, for the CZW World Heavyweight Championship, but Pain had injured himself earlier in the week, and couldn't make it to the show. Meanwhile, Maven Bentley and DJ Hyde were playing the crowd for fools, acting as though the injured Monsta Mack was supposed to come out and face the then Champion. Bentley ordered the ten count to begin, and Hyde won by countout... but Nick Gage wasn't planning on leaving the CZW Arena without gold around his waist, and challenged Hyde to an impromptu match, where he shook off his ring rust and came out on top. Gage is also the defending Tournament of Death Champion, but Vortekz is looking to make a name for himself by knocking off the defending Champ.

Update on Tournament of Death! More matches announced!

Both men lost their titles at Restore the Order last month, but both men will be back with a vengeance for the sixth annual ultraviolent Tournament of Death, as DJ Hyde of the Maven Bentley Association goes one on one with "The Psycho Shooter" Drake Younger. Drake was a bloody mess at the end of last month's show, after being dropped face first through a pane of glass, but despite the massive blood loss, he has insisted on working the Tournament of Death, and his first round match up won't be a cake-walk, as he is faced with a pissed off former Iron Man Champion in DJ Hyde, who was supposed to have the night off after what Maven Bentley called "an amazing win" over Monsta Mack last month, but was instead faced with the challenge of Nick Gage, who ultimately unseated him as Iron Man Champion. Both men need a win here to bounce back, and this should be a ferocious battle.

After splitting their two singles matches last month, the team of Niles Young and Derek Frazier will have an opportunity at the CZW Tag Team Titles at TOD in non-tournament action. Frazier defeated Sabian, and Ruckus defeated Young, but the action didn't stop there. BLKOUT's entourage caused all sorts of trouble, but not to be outdone, "The Queen of the Catfight" Noel Harlow stirred her fair share of shit. Can the less experienced team of Frazier and Young dethrone the BLKOUT as kings of the tag team division in CZW?

"Mr Insanity" Toby Klein demanded a match against one of the members of the Maven Bentley Association, and the Commissioner had no problem in putting such a bout together, as in the fourth of six first round matches in the Tournament of Death, Toby Klein will take on the new King of the Ultraviolent Underground, Brain Damage. To top it all off, Bentley has added an interesting stipulation, as he has made this a Fans Bring the Weapons match, stating that while Brain Damage may work for him, the crowd still loves to see him kill people.

Edited by Gabriel Goolsby

Two Men Announced for Best of the Best... plus more Tournament of Death news!

After defeating JC Ryder in a very competitive match last month, newcomer CJ O'Doyle entered himself as the first man in the annual Best of the Best tournament, but not the only man, as CZW officials have added "Hotshot" Ryan McBride as well to the event, which will be a 16 man tournament this year. The first two rounds will be singles matches, with a four way elimination final!

The final match in the Tournament of Death will be a first time ever bout. Never before seen in wrestling. It's being called an Island of Death match. Not only will the ring be littered with weapons, but the ringside floor will be completely covered with thumbtacks. Above that, though, will be long pieces of plywood held up between the ring apron and a special barricade put in place specifically for that match. on that plywood will be a layer of barbed wire...but above that still... panes of glass, again, held in place above that so they can break, using steel chairs. Underneath the ring will be the Tournament of Death Trophy, and the object of the match, is to put your opponent through all of the outside dangers, in an attempt to get under the ring, grab the trophy, and place it in the middle of the ring.

Final Four Announced for Tournament of Death, plus bonus matches.

Danny Havoc returns to CZW action at TOD, and Commissioner Maven Bentley has been more than eager to give Havoc the type of competition he wants... but Havoc will have a stiff test in front of him in Delaware, as his first round match up with be against Texas' own Jacob Ladder. Ladder comes to CZW by way of IWA: Mid South, where he has wrestled in numerous deathmatches, and looks to solidify his name as a man to beat by winning the ultraviolent Tournament of Death.

The last match in the first round will feature a man that Ladder knows well and teams with as the Children of Pain. Darin Childs, who has literally set himself on fire in order to win a match, will come to CZW in Delaware, but his opponent is no stranger to the TOD. In fact, his opponent is involved in one of the most memorable highlights from recents TODs, in which blood spurted from his open arteries on his arm and into his mouth. That's right, Sexxxy Eddy returns to CZW for ultraviolent action at Tournament of Death.

Also in action, we will have a six man tag team match between the Iron Saints and their debuting brother Brandon, and the team of Cloudy and Team AnDrew. Last month, the saints used nefarious tactics to defeat AnDrew in tag team competition, and Sumner and Gulak want revenge. There's a little more at stake this time around though, as the winning trio will be entered into the Best of the Best tournament, and the losing trio will not be allowed entry.

Speaking of Best of the Best, with that coming up in just two months, and the CZW Junior Heavyweight Champion competing in the TOD, CZW has decided that Vortekz will defend his Championship throughout the BOTB tournament, meaning that he is the third man entered officially, and he must win the tournament to leave with his title in July.

Final Card for Tournament of Death VI.

CZW Tournament of Death VI

Saturday Week 2 of June

Delaware, USA

CZW Tag Team Championships

The BLKOUT © Vs Young and Frazier

Six Man Tag Team Match

The Iron Saints Vs Cloudy and Team AnDrew

First Round

No Ropes, Barbed Wire Match

Necro Butcher Vs Mitch Ryder

First Round

Light Tube Ropes and Corners Match

Scotty Vortekz Vs Nick Gage

First Round

Panes of Glass Match

DJ Hyde Vs Drake Younger

First Round

Fans Bring the Weapons Match

Brain Damage Vs Toby Klein

First Round

Barbed Wire Boards, Light Tube Log Cabin Match

Danny Havoc Vs Jacob Ladder

First Round

Everything Covered in Barbed Wire Match

Darin Childs Vs Sexxxy Eddy

Second Round

Tables, Light Tubes and Chairs Match

TBA Vs TBA Vs TBA

Second Round

Taipei Death Match

TBA Vs TBA Vs TBA

Finals

Island of Death Match

TBA Vs TBA

Plus: Lobo and CZW Commissioner Maven Bentley

Get your predictions in now. Last show got posted a week or less after I put up the card. Should also be noted that the second round and finals of the tournament will not be included in the contest, but if you want to make those predictions too, then by all means.

Remember, if predicting, add some reasons or other comments so as to avoid spamming the board.

The BLKOUT © vs Young and Frazier

I just can’t see so many of your titles changing hands in such a short period of time.

Six Man Tag Team Match

The Iron Saints Vs Cloudy and Team AnDrew

They lost last month, so I choose them.

First Round

No Ropes, Barbed Wire Match

Necro Butcher Vs Mitch Ryder

Necro...Butcher...need I say more?

First Round

Keeping that chance of a repeat alive.

First Round

Panes of Glass Match

DJ Hyde Vs Drake Younger

The push is coming...

First Round

Brain Damage Vs Toby Klein

To give Bentley’s boys a win.

First Round

Not really sure of this one, so I went with the guy I’ve heard of.

First Round

Darin Childs Vs Sexxxy Eddy

I like the Sexxxy, but this guy has lit himself on fire! How fucking cool is that!

Second Round

Necro Butcher Vs Nick Gage Vs Darin Childs

Still going for the repeat.

Second Round

Taipei Death Match

Drake Younger Vs Brain Damage Vs Danny Havoc

The push is so close I can sense it...

Finals

Island of Death Match

Nick Gage vs Drake Younger

And it’s here! The push is here!

A good CZW diary is something the Dome always seems to be lacking. This looks as though it could fill that gap nicely. I haven't really followed real life CZW much recently as the booking has been pretty damn bad. A lot of the guys on the roster weren't there the last time I saw a show, so it's like following along with a (more or less) new promotion. I like the look of the TOD VI card, and the description for the Island of Death match looks very fitting for the final match of the tournament.

...and clearly CZW is in dire need of more Team Masturbation. :pervert:

• 2 weeks later...

tod6_head.jpg

CZW Tournament of Death VI

Saturday Week 2 of June

From the Breakaway Tavern in Smyrna, Delaware

Singles Match

Jon Dahmer Vs Greg Excellent

-For the second month in a row, Dahmer and Excellent participated in the opening match. This time, however, it would be a singles match. Excellent came out with security pushing him to the ring, as he screamed that he was going to die if he got into the ring. Man, was he right. The bell rang, and Dahmer rang Excellent's bell right away with a Lariat, and then a Backdrop Driver. Dahmer pounded on him with clubbing right and left forearms until Excellent crumpled to the mat, and with the fans firmly behind him, Dahmer pulled his opponent up, and sent him right back down with the Move of 1,000 Maniacs for the quick and easy win.

Dahmer made his way up the entrance, and was passed by NATE HATRED, who made his way into the ring and stalked the fallen Greg Excellent. As Greg stood to his feet, he groggily turned into a huge Decapitator Lariat from Hatred. Nate continued to stand above him, seemingly waiting for more, but Jon Dahmer grabbed his leg and pulled him out of the ring. The two men brawled around ringside, and then to the back.

First Round

-The first match of the sixth annual Tournament of Death featured Danny Havoc taking on the man that Maven Bentley had personally chosen to "end his career". Havoc came out strong though, hitting Ladder over the head with a Light Tube before the bell even rang. Ladder came back at him just as strong though, using his size and strength to gain and maintain an advantage over CZW's resident deathmatch underdog. The barbed wire didn't come into play for a few minutes, but when it did, it came in huge. Havoc tried for a Cross Body into the barbed wire, but Ladder caught him and drove him into it hard with a Powerslam. Ladder flipped him over, putting the barbed wire board on top of him, and then pulled out the Garvin Stomp, driving the wire hard and deep into Havoc's flesh.

Ladder continued the assault, hitting a Belly to Belly into the Barbed Wire, but Havoc mounted a comeback, pulling light tubes from various places to bash over the head of his much larger opponent. Ladder fell to a knee, and Havoc took advantage by digging into his forehead with a broken light tube while he had him in a Sleeper. Ladder picked him up into a Backpack though, and wandered around the ring until he found what he wanted-- the light tube cabin. Ladder fell to his back, driving Havoc back first through all of the light tubes. Danny somehow managed to kick out at two, but a few moments later, Ladder pulled him up to his feet and positioned him for the DevilDriver onto one of the barbed wire boards. This did secure him the victory. Jacob Ladder will be moving on to the TLC match in Round Two.

First Round

Panes of Glass Match

Drake Younger Vs DJ Hyde

-The former Ultraviolent Underground Champion came out with a vengeance, but ran into a brick wall known as DJ Hyde, the former CZW Iron Man Champion. Both men lost their belts last month at Restore the Order, and were looking to get back on track with a win here in the first round of Tournament of Death. Younger looked a little aprehensive around the glass, still sporting a gash on his forehead from last month when Brain Damage dropped him face first through a pane of glass. Younger managed to maintain an advantage for most of the match, using a steel chair, but when he tried for his patented Somersault Senton from the top rope onto a seated opponent, Hyde moved out of the way and Younger went crashing through the chair himself. Hyde grabbed a pane of glass and Suplexed it on top of Younger, though it did not break.

DJ set up for a Powerbomb through one of the other panes, but Younger blocked it and took him down with a Double Leg. Younger laid into his opponent with some heavy punches, and then grabbed another chair and smashed it over his back several times. Drake then set up for a Suplex through a glass pane, but Hyde blocked it, turned and sent Drake through with a Suplex of his own. Drake rolled to the outside and picked glass out of his back...but then slid back into the ring and went shot for shot with Hyde, going back and forth with Forearms. Hyde missed with a Lariat, and Younger suprised him and the crowd by taking the bigger man up and over with a German Suplex through the second pane of glass. The back of Hyde's head was bleeding at this point, and he seemed kind of out of it.

Younger took advantage, executing a Piledriver in the middle of the ring, but Hyde kicked out at two. DJ Hyde pulled himself up using the ropes, and then Backdropped a running Drake Younger up and over. Hyde looked to be going for a dive of some sort, but Drake was ready for it, and nailed him in the face with a steel chair as his head came through the middle ropes. Hyde backed up into the ring and wobbled around until Younger slid back in, set up, and connected with the Drake's Landing through the third of four panes of glass. Younger was slow to the pin, and Hyde somehow managed to roll a shoulder to avoid the three count. Drake didn't waste any time though, as he positioned the fourth pane on top of Hyde, and then nailed it three times with a steel chair, sending glass exploding all over his opponent. Cover by Drake, and he got the three count that time.

First Round

Sexxxy Eddy Vs Darin Childs

-Neither man really knew what the stipulation to the match meant when they came out, but JOHN ZANDIG made his way to ringside wearing a referee's shirt, and grabbed a mic. Zandig then announced that while the weapons have not already been covered in barbed wire, he was out here to make sure that anything that is used must be covered first. If it isn't, Zandig says that he will punch the offender in the face. Eddy laughed, and the match began with a tie-up. Eddy dominated early on with Arm Drags, but Childs rolled to the outside and grabbed a steel chair. The man from Texas slid into the ring, but before he could swing the chair, Zandig took it from him, and gave him a warning, which the fans boo'd. Eddy came from behind with a roll of barbed wire and nailed Childs in the back of the head.

Darin went down, and Eddy dropped it onto his opponent, took the chair from the boss, and nailed Darin Childs with the chair, driving the wire into his body. Eddy then wrapped the barbed wire around the seat of the chair and unfolded it. Eddy sent Childs into the ropes with an Irish Whip, and it looked like he was going for a Drop Toe Hold, but Childs stopped dead in his tracks, and then stomped on Eddy's head. All the while, John Zandig was wrapping the turnbuckle pads with barbed wire. Zandig then went to wrap a bat in the wire, but Childs grabbed the barbed wire from him and raked it across Eddy's face. Childs tried to use the bat, but Zandig stepped in front of him to tell him to wrap it, but Childs ignored him, and the boss was forced to drop him with a hard right hand.

Childs popped right back up with the bat and threatened Zandig, but Eddy rolled him up for a two count. Darin caught Eddy with a Clothesline using just the barbed wire across the chest, and then grabbed something from under the ring... lighter fluid. The crowd went nuts, but Eddy caught him with a Body Slam, and then a Dropkick, but upon going for a Hurricanrana, Eddy found himself in a precarious position, as Childs blocked it, held him high, and then ran and drove him into a barbed wire covered turnbuckle with a Powerbomb. Eddy's back was all cut up and bloody, and he slumped to the mat, only to be pinned for a three count in a huge upset.

First Round

-The next match was a Champion Vs Champion, non-title affair, as Junior Heavyweight Champ Vortekz went one on one with the new CZW Iron Man Champion and the Future of Hardcore, Nick Gage. The match started off hot, with Gage and Vortekz exchanging light tube shots over each other's backs, but that soon turned ugly, as Gage fired one off Vortekz's head, and then rushed him with a Lariat using a tube. The fight spilled to the floor, where Vortekz reversed an Irish Whip and sent his opponent into the ringpost. The Junior Champion then grabbed a handful of light tubes and swung baseball style, crushing them on the chest of Gage. Vortekz rolled him into the ring, and climbed the ropes for something, but Gage crotched him on the top, and then whacked him over the head with a couple of light tubes.

The Iron Man Champ set up a bunch of light tubes on the mat, and then went up top and Superplexed his opponent down and onto the glass. Gage covered for a two count, but Vortekz wasn't ready to admit defeat quite yet. You know, the phrasing I used there just gave away the end of the match. Sometimes I question my journalistic skills, but most of the time, I just move on and scream out HOLY SHIT when Vortekz sets a couple of light tubes up by Nick Gage's face and busts out some Kawada Kicks! Little bits of blood covered the defending Tournament of Death Champion's face, but Vortekz tried for something, Gage blocked it, and sent him shoulder first into the corner and through some light tubes. Gage then whipped him across the ring and followed up with a big Clothesline, shattering some more.

Time for the Bootscrape at this point, but Gage wasn't going to settle for any old Bootscrape. Nick set a dozen light tubes by his opponents' face and charged, delivering the boot and scraping his sole and shards from the tubes across his face. A couple of lousy punches and a Hardcore Drop onto some more light tubes later, and we have a winner. Nick Gage, ladies and gentlemen.

First Round

Toby Klein Vs Brain Damage

-With just two matches left in the first round, we were given the least predictable of the fights, as both Klein and Damage were heavily favored by many people to walk out as Tournament of Death Champion. The fans had brought some interesting weapons which included children's plastic baseball bats covered in thumbtacks, a Playstation 2 covered in thumbtacks, and a large weightlifting belt wrapped with barbed wire. Neither man showed any fear towards the other, and both charged hard connecting with big rights at the same time. An exchange of right hands led to Klein reversing an Irish Whip and sending his opponent over the top rope and to the outside. Damage got up onto the apron, but Klein caught him with a Cutter over the top, dropping his neck across the top rope.

Klein grabbed one of the plastic thumbtack bats, and grinded it into the reigning Ultraviolent Underground Champion's face. Blood trickled down Brain Damage's head and through the fingers of Mr Insanity, but Brain Damage fought it off, drove the bat into Klein's head, and Suplex'd him to the outside of the ring. The fight stayed on the outside as fans handed chairs to Klein, but Damage took control again, and despite being the opponent of the fan favorite, still managed to receive chairs from fans. Damage beat the shit out of Klein with a chair, and then set up for a chairshot while Klein was rested against the ringpost, but Klein grabbed something from behind him, ducked, and caught his opponent on the top of the head with the barbed wire covered PS2. The game system shattered upon impact, and the blood really started flowing.

With both men covered in red at this point, they took the match back inside the ring. Brain Damage went for the Package Piledriver, but Klein blocked it, hit a low blow, and then caught him in the face with big barefooted kick. Klein hit the ropes and caught him with another, and then grabbed the dreaded weightlifting belt. Klein whipped Damage and cut his back up so bad, that CZW commentator Brian Logan spat out a racial remark about Brain Damage being whipped worse than a Southern slave. Classy, Mr. Logan...classy indeed. At least he got their names right though. The end of the match came as Klein set up the broken pieces of the Playstation and some extra thumbtacks, and then set up for a Piledriver. Damage reversed it though, and hit a Death Valley Driver the other way.

The fans boo'd, but Brain Damage picked him up again, set up, and hit a Jumping Piledriver, sending Klein's head into the pile of broken plastic and thumbtacks. The pinfall came easily, but Damage wasn't done there, as he pulled him up again after the match, and delivered a Package Piledriver onto all that stuff.

First Round

No Ropes Barbed Wire Match

Necro Butcher Vs Mitch Ryder w/ Maven Bentley

-The sixth and final of the first round matches was probably the most looked forward to match of the evening, as the Necro Butcher would finally get his hands on "Simply Marvelous" Mitch Ryder in an environment that does not benefit Ryder. Mitch was hesitant to get started, as he looked over the barbed wire that surrounded the ring. Necro charged him though and caught him off guard. Ryder dropped to his stomach to try to avoid anything, but the Butcher kicked him in the face and then lifted him up with a go-behind. Necro tried pushing his opponent into the wire, but Ryder countered with a go-behind of his own, and pushed the Necro Butcher into the barbs. Necro screamed as Mitch raked his face across the top strand of the wire, but a couple of well placed elbows later, and the Butcher was back in control.

Necro dropped Ryder stomach first onto the barbed wire, and Mitch screamed in pain, but with the aid of Bentley, was able to get himself off and down to the floor. Necro rolled out of the ring and grabbed a chair, charging with it, but Ryder pushed Maven into the way and the Commissioner ate a vicious chairshot. The fans exploded with cheers as the Necro Butcher stood over a bloody Maven Bentley, but while Butcher admired his handy work, Mitch Ryder had grabbed some wire cutters and cut the bottom wire on one side of the ring. Ryder slid back into the ring and waited for Necro to do the same, attacking him right away, and wrapping the wire around his neck. Mitch tried to choke out his opponent, but Necro, being a former Tournament of Death Champion, would simply not let Mitch Ryder win on this night.

Ryder moved into a Camel Clutch, with the barbed wire across Necro's face, but his opponent powered up to his feet with Mitch in a piggy back position, and Necro dropped backwards, sending both of them into all three strands of the wire on one side as it collapsed beneath their weight. After several moments, Necro rolled off his opponent, and Ryder, with the help of the ref, made his way out of the barbed wire, revealing a complete and bloody mess of his back. Ryder tried to pull himself up on Necro's jean shorts, but the Butcher set up and connected with the Tiger Bomb for the three count.

-During the intermission to put the ropes back up, Maven Bentley stood up on a steel chair to make an announcement after recovering. Maven announced that he needed some extra strength advil, and if anyone had any, to come see him at the concession stand in ten minutes. Maven then also announced that he will personally make sure that Necro Butcher loses in the semi-finals, but with that, One Man Army hits on the PA and LOBO makes his way out to the ring. The Ultraviolent Punisher chases Bentley around the ring, but Bentley is faster than his attacker, and manages to evade him... that is, until the Necro Butcher snuck up from behind and rolled Bentley into the ring. Lobo slid into the ring and took Maven out with a Spear, and then with the help of Necro, set up a Table and covered it in the leftover barbed wire. Lobo then went up to the second turnbuckle, and Necro put Maven on his shoulders. Lobo then jumped off with a huge Death Valley Driver through the table, effectively taking out CZW Commissioner Maven Bentley.

Winners Get BOTB Entry

Six Man Tag Team Match

Cloudy and Team AnDrew Vs The Thomaselli Brothers

-Last month, The Iron Saints made their CZW debuts by defeating Team AnDrew, who had been on a role up until that point. This month, AnDrew teams with Cloudy in hopes of avenging that loss and gaining entry into the seventh annual Best of the Best tournament next month, but they'll do so with partner Cloudy, who they are not familiar working with, while the Saints would be teaming with their debuting brother Brandon. Cloudy started in with Vito, and the heels took control, as they separated Cloudy from his partners, cutting off the ring, and making quick tags in and out. Vito and Sal hit a Double Suplex, and then tagged in Brandon, who hit a Diving Headbutt. Instead of going for the cover though, Brandon went up top for another Headbutt.

Cloudy managed to move out of the way, and slowly made his way over to his corner for the tag. Sumner came in like a house-sitter on fire, as he dropped Brandon with a Lariat, and then caught Sal with an Overhead Belly to Belly Suplex. Vito caught him from behind with a club to the back of the neck, and set up for a German Suplex, but Drew Gulak came in hard and fast with a Lariat on Vito as Sumner ducked his head to avoid the collision. All three Thomaselli's rolled to the outside, trying to regroup, but Andy Sumner lifted his partner high above his head with a Gorilla Press, and then tossed him over the top rope and onto the brothers. Not to be outdone, Cloudy went up to the top rope and hit a Diving Moonsault onto all four men on the outside.

Sumner came out of the ring and tried to send Sal into the railing, but Sal reversed it and sent Andy face first into a huge Yakuza Kick from Vito. Gulak and Sal ended up back in the ring, with the smaller man embarrassing Sal Thomaselli by inflicting his will upon him, using his various amateur wrestling holds. That wouldn't last though, as Brandon came in with a steel chair and smashed it over Gulak's back, just before taking him up and driving him down with the Deal, a Powerbomb Lungblower. Gulak rolled to the outside of the ring, and it was now essentially the Thomaselli's against Cloudy. Cloudy fought valiantly, but the numbers were just too much, as Brandon connected with a Release German Suplex, sending Cloudy rolling into the arms of Vito, who hit a Release Dragon Suplex, which set up Sal Thomaselli's Fisherman's Buster.

Vito dove through the middle rope with a Suicide Dive on Sumner, and Brandon put the boots to Gulak on the floor as Sal made the cover and picked up the win for he and his brothers. All three of the Thomaselli's will now be in the Best of the Best tournament next month.

Semi-Finals

Jacob Ladder Vs Drake Younger Vs Darin Childs

-The three men in this match wasted no time in getting started, as Ladder and Childs, collectively known as the Children of Pain, made their intentions known as they attacked Drake Younger two on one. The double teaming kept Drake at a distinct disadvantage, as he was unable to get ahold of any weapons. Childs nailed Younger in the head with a light tube, and then he and Jacob Ladder set up a table. They placed Drake on top, and then placed light tubes on top of Younger. Ladder turned his attention to the crowd briefly, and received a light tube upside his head. Younger rolled off the table, making sure to keep a few tubes on it, and Childs dove off with a Moonsault, crashing through. Ladder tried to use a chair, but Drake caught it and bashed him in the head with it.

Younger worked over Jacob Ladder using chairshots, but Jacob fought back with a big DDT. Ladder beat on the back of Drake using a steel chair. Darin Childs was up now, and he grabbed a handful of light tubes and destroyed them over the back of Younger. Drake tried to get up, but Ladder caught him with a boot to the head. Childs hit a standing Senton, and then Ladder connected with the DevilDriver. Ladder went for the cover, but Childs pulled him off and asked him what he was doing. Both men ignored it, and went back to work on Younger, but Drake mounted a comeback, catching them both with hard right jabs before hitting a Double Clothesline on them. Younger tried for the Drake's Landing on Ladder, but couldn't get him up, and ended up eating a big time Lariat from Darin Childs.

Childs went for the pin, but Ladder broke it up this time. After a few moments of tension, Ladder and Childs tried to decide who would take the pin by way of Rock, Paper, Scissors... however, Drake used that time to recover, and shoved Ladder out of the ring. Childs attacked, but Drake hit a low kick to the groin, and then set up, holding light tubes in front of a steel chair in his hands, and then bashing Childs in the head. Darin went down hard, and Drake fell on top of him for the win.

Semi-Finals

Taipei Death Match

Nick Gage Vs Brain Damage Vs Necro Butcher

-Fists taped, glued and covered in broken glass. These three men couldn't have asked for a more suitable match for themselves. All three met in the middle of the ring, and Brain Damage broke the silence by throwing the first punch at Nick Gage, who hit Butcher, who in turn hit Brain Damage. This continued until all three men had blood on their faces and hands. Gage broke the circle of things as he blocked a punch from the reigning Ultraviolent Underground Champion, and then hit a DDT. Necro gouged at Gage's eyes and forehead with his taped up fist, but Brain Damage was back up and did the same to the Butcher. With all three men already bleeding pretty heavily, the action spilled out to the floor, where Nick Gage hit Necro in the head with a steel chair, and turned around to have that same chair punched right back into his face by Damage.

Brain Damage took the chair and nailed both of his opponents with it before sending Gage into the railing with an Irish Whip. Necro reversed an Irish Whip by Brain Damage and sent the UVU Champ into the ringpost. Butcher wrapped Damage's arm around the post several times, and then tossed a few chairs into the ring. Nick Gage, meanwhile, was busy setting up tables on the outside. Gage stepped up onto the apron to get back into the ring, but was met with a chairshot from Brain Damage, who then goozled him and sent him through his own two tables with a vicious Chokeslam. Gage's head hit the ground hard, and he was out. Damage turned to see the Necro Butcher seated in the middle of the ring, with an open chair just across from him.

The fans knew what this meant, as Damage sat down and went shot for shot with the Butcher. Both men wobbled after each shot, but it was ultimately Brain Damage who would come out on top, as he showed some intelligence by nailing Necro and then immediatley getting up and attacking. Damage hit a knee to the face, and then another, and pulled Butcher up to his feet and probably killed him with a Piledriver throught the open chair he had been sitting on. From there, it was academic. 1, 2, 3. Brain Damage will move on to face Drake Younger in the finals, in a rematch from last month's Ultraviolent Underground Title match.

-CZW crew members were cleaning up the ring and ringside area to make sure it was okay for the next two non-tournament matches to take place, as CZW World Heavyweight Champion Justice Pain made his way down to the ring, sans music, wearing jeans and a CZ F'n W t-shirt, carrying the belt on his right shoulder. Pain stepped up and into the ring, grabbed a microphone, and began talking about his time in CZW. He mentions when he left for XPW, to which the fans boo, and then says that he was welcomed back with open arms by CZW, and he will never forget that. Pain then acknowledges that his match last month was cancelled, and says that the reason why, is because he injured his hand very severely while at work. Pain said that he didn't think it was fair to make the fans and the boys wait for a CZW World Title defense, and therefore...he is going to relinquish the belt. Pain was visibly upset about what he was saying, but he thanked the fans again, left the belt in the middle of the ring, and said that when he was ready, he was coming back for it. The fans applauded as Pain left.

Three Way Dance

Ryan McBride Vs Javi-Air Vs JC Ryder

-Ryder came in with right hands for both of his opponents to start the match, but eventually fell victim to a Double Back Bodydrop. McBride then hit a Standing Backflip Kneedrop, and then got out of the way as Javi-Air connected with a Quebrada. The fans boo'd Javi, who shot them the middle finger, and then turned around into a Lariat from the "Hotshot" Ryan McBride. McBride pulled Javi up to his feet and got him up in the air for a Suplex, but Ryder caught him with a Spear and Javi-Air tumbled down onto him as well. The New Jersey All-Star set up Javi for a Piledriver, but saw McBride coming with a Lariat and ducked under it. McBride, however, turned around and grabbed him by the waist. The Hotshot executed a German Suplex on JC Ryder, who then rolled to the outside. Javi-Air charged at McBride, who tried for a Clothesline.

Javi managed to duck under the Clothesline and connect with a poorly executed Suicide Dive onto Ryder on the outside. The fans didn't let up, as they boo'd the hell out of Javi-Air, which distracted him long enough for McBride to climb to the top rope and execute a Diving Moonsault onto both men. Ryder stayed down, as McBride rolled Javi back into the ring. After connecting with an Air Raid Crash, the Hotshot got up and executed the Backflip Double Kneedrop for the three count.

Tag Team Match

BLKOUT © w/ Big Larry K, Robbie Mireno and Chrissy Rivera Vs Derek Frazier and Niles Young w/ Noel Harlow

-There would be no introductions by Big Larry K on this night, as the entire BLKOUT contingent jumped Young and Frazier from behind upon their entrance. Rivera and Harlow took their bitchfight into the ring while Ruckus, Sabian, Larry K and Robbie Mireno put the boots to their opponents in the aisle way. The crowd was decidely pro-BLKOUT, and cheered the nefarious tactics by the defending champions. The match finally made it to the ring with Sabian and Derek Frazier exchanging rights and lefts before going into a battle of the Headlocks. On the outside, Ruckus, BLK and Mireno continued their assault on Niles Young. Inside the ring, Frazier took the advantage with a Hammerlock on the mat, but ended up eating a boot from Ruckus, who had left his cronies to work over Young.

Ruckus and Sabian double teamed on Frazier, including hitting a Double Brainbuster on the challenger. Frazier kicked out at two, and then sent Ruckus to the outside by pulling him through the ropes using his tights. Frazier hit an Arm Drag on Sabian, but was caught with a big time right hand from one half of the champions, who then followed up with a reverse Lungblower. Sabian held Derek Frazier in place as Ruckus came off the top rope with a Double Stomp to the back. Sabian held his knees gingerly, but stretched them out and seemed okay as Ruckus pinned Frazier for a two count. On the outside, Niles Young had grabbed hold of a steel chair and laid out both Big Larry K and "Primo" Robbie Mireno.

Ruckus connected with the Hate Crime in the middle of the ring, but Young came in and bashed him in the head with the chair. Niles gave Sabian one of his own too, so that he wouldn't feel left out. Young dropped the chair on the outside and dropped an Elbow on Sabian, got up, avoided a Spinning Kick of some kind from Ruckus, and then connected with a Superkick. Young fell on top of his opponent, but only got a two count. Frazier shoved Sabian out of the ring, and then connected with a Double Enziguri on Ruckus with his partner Young. Niles Bodyslammed Ruckus across the knees of Derek Frazier, and then dropped a Knee to the head. Frazier, with the help of Niles Young, who lifted him up and dropped him, connected with a big time Legdrop for a two count. Sabian came flying in with a Springboard Dropkick on Young, which sent him to the outside of the ring, where Rivera, Larry K and Mireno beat on him. Mireno tossed Young into the crowd and followed him.

Noel Harlow tackled Chrissy Rivera on the outside, but Big Larry K yanked her off. Derek Frazier saw this, and without thinking dove to the outside with a Plancha on Larry. Frazier checked on Harlow, but was caught with a Suicide Dive by Sabian. The Black Jesus rolled his opponent back into the ring and hit a Springboard Double Stomp to the shoulders of Frazier. Sabian went for the cover, but only got a two count. Sabian with a Lungblower, set up Ruckus to hit the Tumbleweed and pick up the three count.

Meanwhile, in the crowd, Niles Young laid out Robbie Mireno with a big right hand, grabbed a steel chair and made his way back towards the ring. Ruckus and Sabian were setting up for some kind of double team, but wouldn't be able to execute, as Niles hit the ring and the champions cleared out before eating steel.

As the ring crew began setting up the Island of Death, CZW Owner John Zandig made his way out to the ring. Zandig said that he had been informed of Justice Pain's decision a little over twenty-four hours ago, and that he tried talking him out of it, but The Ultraviolent All-Star is a company man, and he knows that the top dog needs to defend his belt on a regular occasion. He said that it's a damn shame that a man as great as Pain had to forfeit the belt, but that he's already managed to pull some good CZW shit together, and there will be an announcement made next month at Best of the Best about the World Heavyweight Championship situation. Zandig then says that he is looking forward to tonight's main event, but he has to get out of the ring before the action starts.

Tournament of Death Finals

Island of Death Match

Drake Younger Vs Brain Damage

-Weapons littered the ring as Drake Younger and Brain Damage stared each other down before the bell. The bell rang, and both men tore at each other right away. This was a rematch from last month's main event, where Damage won the Ultraviolent Underground Championship. Younger gouged at the forehead of his opponent with a barbed wire baseball bat, but Brain Damage managed to get the bat away from the Psycho Shooter, and he wound up and delivered a home run into the gut of Younger. Brain Damage spotted a bag of thumbtacks, and he emptied them onto the mat. Damage turned to face Younger, and ate a steel chairshot to the head. Another chairshot, and another, and Brain Damage falls backwards into the pile of thumbtacks.

Younger goes up top and tries for a Splash, but Damage moved and Drake took the tacks in his chest. Brain Damage grabbed the barbed wire bat and raked it across the back of the former champion. Brain Damage signaled that it was time to take it to the island, and he sat Younger on the top rope. Damage looked to be going for a Chokeslam, but Drake kicked him in the shoulder, and then caught him with a Hurricanrana to the outside. Both men landed on the glass, on the plywood, but it didn't break. Drake called for a Piledriver, but received a Back Body Drop. Still, it didn't break. Brain Damage grabbed the chair from in the ring and cranked Younger over the head, and the blood was pouring.

The Ultraviolent Underground Champion set up for a Piledriver, but changed his mind and hit a Powerbomb, and finally, part of the island succumbed to the pressure as the glass exploded and the barbed wire plywood cracked down the middle. Brain Damage put the boots to the plywood to create an opening, and he jumped down to the ground. CZW crew members came to remove part of the island for visibilty at this point. Damage looked under the ring for the Tournament of Death trophy, but was caught with a Double Axe Handle by Younger. Drake grabbed a handful of thumbtacks from the floor and slapped them into the face of his opponent. The two men exchanged right hands, and Younger got the worst of it, as he began to spit out a couple mouthful's of blood.

Brain Damage hit a series of forearms, and then set up for the Package Piledriver, but Drake caught him with a low blow, turned him around and nailed the Drake's Landing onto the unprotected ground covered in thumbtacks! The fans exploded, and Younger crawled underneath the ring. Drake emerged with the trophy, but he stood up to find Brain Damage standing yet again. Drake's facial expression told the story there, as no one in attendance could believe it. The two exchanged Forearms, and then Drake nailed Damage in the head with the trophy. younger slid the trophy into the ring, and then set up a pane of glass against the barricade. Drake pulled Brain Damage in and sent him through the glass with a Powerbomb!

Drake regained his composure and went to slide into the ring, but his foot was grabbed by his opponent, and Brain Damage stopped him from winning again. Drake grabbed another pane of glass and placed it against the barricade. Drake set up for another Powerbomb, but Damage blocked it and reversed it into an Air Raid Crash, but Drake caught him with an Elbow to reverse that. Younger set up for a Powerbomb, but Damage span out of the position and goozled him. Younger screamed in Damage's face and caught him low in the groin with a kick. Damage let go of his throat, and Younger pulled him in, positioned himself and drove him through the glass with the Drake's Landing! This time, Younger would make it into the ring and place the Trophy square in the middle to be declared the winner.

Quick Results

01. Jon Dahmer d. Greg Excellent (4:14) via Move of 1,000 Maniacs. (E+)

02. Jacob Ladder d. Danny Havoc (10:31) via DevilDriver in a Barbed Wire Boards, Light Tube Log Cabin match. (D)

03. Drake Younger d. DJ Hyde (12:47) via pinfall in a Panes of Glass match (C-)

04. Darin Childs d. Sexxxy Eddy (10:36) via Turnbuckle Powerbomb in an Everything Covered in Barbed Wire match. (D)

05. Nick Gage d. Scotty Vortekz (10:45) via Hardcore Drop in a Light Tube Ropes and Corners match. (C-)

06. Brain Damage d. Toby Klein (12:42) via Jumping Piledriver in a Fans Bring the Weapons match. (D)

07. Necro Butcher d. Mitch Ryder (10:35) via Tiger Bomb. (C-)

08. Thomaselli Brothers d. Cloudy and Team AnDrew (12:53) via Fisherman's Buster. (D+)

09. Drake Younger d. Jacob Ladder and Darin Childs (13:49) via pinfall in a Tables, Light Tubes and Chairs match. (D+)

10. Brain Damage d. Nick Gage and Necro Butcher (13:31) via Piledriver in a Taipei Death match. (C-)

11. Ryan McBride d. Javi-Air and JC Ryder (7:34) via Backflip Double Kneedrop. (D)

12. BLKOUT © d. Frazier and Young (19:36) via Tumbleweed. (D)

13. Drake Younger d. Brain Damage (14:54) via Capturing the Trophy in an Island of Death match. (D+)

Edited by CZWGabe

I really enjoy this diary. I think this is the time when people shy away from CZW diaries because their roster is somewhat thin. And short of adding stars, you've done an amazing job. The final match was better than I forsee the real one being and I see Younger being your franchise player. Good lck with the rest of this and I'll be sure to read.

CZW Best of the Best - Early Preview

-Coming out of the Tournament of Death, we now have 6 of the 16 competitors in this year's BOTB confirmed and ready to go. They are, in order of entry: CJ O'Doyle, Ryan McBride, the CZW Junior Heavyweight Champion Scotty Vortekz, and the trio of Sal, Vito and Brandon Thomaselli. Some more names added recently include independent standout Tyler Black... and CZW's own, and former Junior Heavyweight Champion Niles Young. That brings our total to 8 men so far. As more names get added, so to will the brackets begin to fill out.

-Based off of what happened in the opening match at Tournament of Death, we will see in non-tournament action at Best of the Best, a battle of two of the biggest and hardest hitting men to ever step foot in the CZW Arena. "The Son of 1,000 Maniacs" Jon Dahmer will go head to head with CZW's own enforcer, Nate Hatred. Hatred attacked Greg Excellent after the latter lost to Dahmer in the opening contest last month. Fans cheered the assault by Hatred, but Dahmer viewed it differently, as he pulled Nate out of the ring and the two men brawled all the way to the back. This month, there will be a winner.

-Also, be there live when CZW Boss John Zandig makes a huge announcement regarding the CZW World Heavyweight Championship! Zandig hasn't given us much to work with, but he said that you'll be seeing some familiar faces, and that we will have a new CZW Champion by the end of the year!

First of all, enjoyed the Tournament of Death, it was good, violent fun. I'll send you my pick in a minute, I assume I can only choose the first round matches.

Singles Match

Jon Dahmer Vs Nate Hatred

Dahmer is undefeated thusfar, so I choose him.

Singles Match

Ruckus Vs Sabu

Just thinking of unemployed hardcorers, and Sabu was the first to pop into my head. Even if it isn't him, I still go with the mystery man.

Ultraviolent Tag Team Match

Danny Havoc and Toby Klein Vs Mitch Ryder and DJ Hyde

No Maven Bentley to help Hyde and Ryder.

First Round Match

CJ O'Doyle Vs Chuck Taylor

I've heard good things about this guy, so I'm going with him.

First Round Match

Ryan McBride Vs Sonjay Dutt

He's a star.

First Round Match

Scotty Vortekz © Vs Derek Frazier

Derek loses to stay in the tag division with BLKOUT

First Round Match

Sal Thomaselli Vs Azrieal

Because the other Thomasellis are going through.

First Round Match

Vito Thomaselli Vs CJ Otis

To set up a match with his brother.

First Round Match

Brandon Thomaselli Vs Sabian

See above.

First Round Match

Tyler Black Vs Cheech

Not a fan of Up In Smoke.

First Round Match

Niles Young Vs Josh Abercrombie

No real reason.

Semi-Final Match

Chuck Taylor Vs Sonjay Dutt

Because he's still a star.

Semi-Final Match

Vortekz Vs Azrieal

I would like the Finals to be for the title, so he has to win.

Semi-Final Match

Vito Thomaselli Vs Brandon Thomaselli

Eenie meenie minie moh...

Semi-Final Match

Tyler Black Vs Josh Abercrombie

Because I said so.

Best of the Best Final

Sonjay Dutt Vs Vortekz Vs Brandon Thomaselli Vs Josh Abercrombie

Something for the brothers to get upset over?

I'm really shocked that Ladder/Childs both got through. I'd have thought Havoc would have at least made it, with him being a CZW golden boy. Drake/Brain Damage final, and Drake winning was a little 'obvious', but then again, with your thin roster, it makes sense to put over the one guy who's been a shining star in the company. So it's 'obvious', but not in a bad way. Hoepfully this leads to more Drake/Damage matches down the line. In real life they were always incredibly brutal.

BOTB doesn't look that bad, seeing as you're working from an incredibly thin roster. The guys that you've brought in all seem fairly realistic. With guys from CZW's past, or guys with some form of 'affiliation' with people on the show, and could quite easily get a ride to the event, so it's realistic. However having Tyler and no Marek, and Taylor and no Ricochet (The latter especially, as the former has happened a bit) seems a little weird.

Predictions

Singles Match

I always liked Dahmer. I always liked Nate too, but at this stage he should be kept the hell away from a competitive match. Even the real CZW have had the smarts to do that.

Singles Match

Ruckus Vs ???

Okay, I'm counting on a 'heavyweight' here, or a total no-name. In a perfect world I'd go with Kingston. But there's no real reason for it, but I want him back damnit. :shifty: Yeah, no-name then. :shifty: Ruckus will go over though. He needs groomed for another main event run, with the depleted CZW upper card.

Danny Havoc and Toby Klein Vs Mitch Ryder and DJ Hyde

The 'Bentley Boys' will get the win, possibly due to Bentley shenanigans. Strangely, in my CZW game, I had the exact same match at my 2007 BOTB. :shifty:

First Round Match

Taylor is the shit. I could see him going all the way.

First Round Match

The new batch of CZW light heavyweights make me weap. Where's the Great Blazini? At least his botches are particuarly hilarious. Dutt is a class above, therefore should win. Former BOTB champion as well, defeating him will give someone a big rub.

First Round Match

I don't see the belt changing hands more than once, so "Scotty" (ewww) will retain here.

First Round Match

Sal Thomaselli Vs Azrieal

This was a tough one. As both 2nd round combinations would be good. Vortekz/Azrieal could be a great spotty match, so I'm going for that. Is this Azrieal's first match back since COD5? Where he no-showed the ladder match, leading to the AWESOME, Chris Cash/Joker match?

First Round Match

Again, another tough one. Neither guy is really the kind of guy who really should go far in a juniors tournament (Unless there's a storyline reason behind it). There's the possiblity of Brandon/Vito, but I don't see it happening. Plus Otis's finisher will get the biggest pop (Now if it were Sal/Otis, and I had to choose between the Burning Hammer and Horse Collar Brainbuster, I'd be fucked :shifty:), so he's going over.

First Round Match

Again, another toughie. Sabian is a CZW guy, someone I could see going all the way. But bombing all 3 Thomaselli's out in the first round...hmm. It's tough. I'm going with Brandon, purely as Brandon/Otis will slow the pace, and be a hard hitting match, providing something a little different. Could pave the way for some BLKOUT/'Saints stuff.

First Round Match

Tyler Black Vs Cheech

Part of me thinks, why bring in Tyler to job him out? He's the kind of guy who could really star here. Plus you've got the set-up for another Josh/Tyler match, which were always good, however I think that's the 'throw us off the sent'. But, there's a distinct lack of CZW guys going over. And Cheech is quality. So I'll have Cheech winning.

First Round Match

Niles Young Vs Josh Abercrombie

Now. I have Frazier losing. And Sabian losing. A lot of the long term CZW faithful are gone then. I don't rate Niles, and I ADORE Josh. But much like the last match. I just see the local guy getting the win.

Semi-Final Match

I'm rooting for Chuck. Not sure if he'd actually do it. But having someone cover Dutt in a singles match gives them the bgiger rub. Especially if you're doing a 1-fall final like last year (I haven't read all the news updates, so I don't know whether it's 1-fall or what).

Semi-Final Match

Scotty Vortekz Vs /Azrieal

The champ will retain yet again.

Semi-Final Match

CJ Otis Vs Brandon Thomaselli

Both men will play the 'bully' to the smaller guys in the final well. Jesus Christ, this tournament final is turning into an IWAMS match by my 'booking'. :shifty: As I said, both will play the bully well. But Brandon seems to be set to become a regular. So he could do with the rub more. Plus, he's got more to him character wise. Otis is more than a little bland.

Semi-Final Match

Cheech Vs Niles Young

A really tough one. Cheech is awesome. Niles Young is sloppy. But for some strange reason I'm going with Young.

Best of the Best Final

Chuck Taylor vs. Scotty Vortekz vs. Brandon Thomaselli vs. Niles Young

Now this is tough. Nobody in this match I really see getting the CZW Light Heavyweight Title, besides Young, but he's tied up in another title feud, so that's a no. But I don't see Vortekz retaining, purely because Drake won TOD. HOWEVER, he wasn't built up when he became Light Heavyweight Champion, so this would be the perfect chance to do it. Chuck already has a win over Sonjay, so does he need this at the time being...grrr....so difficult. But then again, I don't see Vortekz having a long reign. So building him up with this, only to have him drop it a couple of months down the line isn't great...and Chuck Taylor is just...Chuck Taylor......I'm going with Chuck purely because I mark for him the most.

• 2 weeks later...

BotB7Banner.jpg

CZW Best of the Best 7

Saturday Week 2 of July

From the New Alhambra Arena in Philadelphia, PA

First Round Match

-A small "Chuck is God" chant started up, and Taylor freaked out, screaming at the fans. O'Doyle went for a Collar and Elbow, but Taylor ducked under and slid under the ropes. Taylor grabbed the microphone and told the fans to shut up, that he is a heel, and if anyone cheers him, he's going to punch the handicapped guy in the second row. Chuck got back into the ring and was met with a right hand from CJ O'Doyle, who wasn't going to wait any longer. Chuck screamed that he wasn't ready, but O'Doyle kept on the attack with a Bodyslam, and then a Hip Toss. Taylor charged in, but O'Doyle caught him with a Sleeper, which he looked to be trying to turn into a Suplex of sorts, but Chuck hit a Mule Kick to the groin, and then caught him with a Jawbreaker.

Chuck went up top and waited for CJ to stand, but instead of coming off with something, decided to flip the fans off and climb back down into the ring. Chuck ducked underneath a Lariat and shoved O'Doyle into the corner, where he would connect with a Dropkick. Taylor put his opponent on the top rope, and yelled that he was going to kill him, but O'Doyle caught him with a right hand to the jaw, and then a boot to the face, followed by a Tornado DDT. The Irish Lionheart covered, but only picked up a two count. Chuck got up angry and charged in for something, but O'Doyle laid him out with a Clothesline, and then followed up with a Powerbomb. CJ set up for the Double Pump Brainbuster... one pump... two pumps, but he got a knee to the head, and Taylor fell back down to the mat in a Small Package for the three count.

After the match, Chuck grabbed the microphone again and told everyone that he was going to do something they could never do tonight, and that is, go all the way. A fan in the front row yelled that Chuck was a fag, so Taylor got in his face and told him that he would have sex with his girlfriend, and his mom, and his grandmother, all at the same time. The fan laughed, so Chuck said "I'll fuck you up," and then left.

First Round Match

-Hotshot Ryan McBride was faced with the toughest test out of any of the CZW regulars during the first round, as his opponent would be former CZW Junior Heavyweight Champion Sonjay Dutt. Sonjay had left the company on bad terms, but returned on fire as he came out blazing to start this match. McBride tried his hardest to keep up, but Sonjay worked non-stop here, starting with some Arm Drags, leading to a Hurricanrana, and then a Snap Suplex. McBride rolled to the outside, but Sonjay followed him with a Plancha. Dutt rolled him back into the ring, and hit a Springboard Dropkick. Sonjay followed up with a Running Shooting Star Press, but only got a two count. McBride surprised him with a School Boy, but Sonjay rolled through and pulled him up into a Muscle Buster for the quick and convincing victory.

First Round Match

-Frazier started out with an Arm Drag on the reigning and defending CZW Junior Heavyweight Champion. Vortekz reversed a second Arm Drag attempt and connected with one of his own, which he followed up with a Legdrop. The champ grabbed his opponent with a Headlock and wrenched down, but Frazier moved it right into a pinning predicament for a two count. The two men rolled back up to their feet with Frazier still in a Headlock courtesy of Vortekz, but soon after, the champion found himself the victim of a High Angle Back Suplex by Derek Frazier. Only a one count on the pin, and Frazier fired away at the champion with rights and lefts, but Vortekz blocked one, and took him down with a Flatliner for another two count.

Vortekz called for the finish, and went for the TKO, but his challenger dropped behind him and sent him hard into the turnbuckle. Frazier hit a running Dropkick into the corner, and Vortekz fell to his ass. Frazier followed up with a series of stomps on the champ, but Vortekz grabbed his legs, tripped him, and rolled him up for a two count. Both men made it back up and we saw an exchange of Forearm shots, leading to an Overhead Belly to Belly Suplex by Frazier. Frazier spent too much time jawing with the fans though, as Vortekz caught him with a Dropkick to the back. Frazier was sent chest first into the turnbuckle, and then turned into a TKO from the champion. Vortekz covered, and picked up the win, having successfully defended his title in the first round.

First Round Match

Salvatore Thomaselli Vs Azrieal

-Sal extended his hand for a handshake after the bell rang, and Azrieal thought about it, but The Good Guy knew better, and though he extended his as well, tricked Sal right into a huge Dropkick to the face. Thomaselli slid out of the ring to regain his composure, but before he could, was met with a Baseball Slide Dropkick that sent him into the guardrail. Azrieal hit a Standing Front Flip Senton on Thomaselli, and then went to follow up on the attack, but Sal caught him with a low blow, and then dropped him throat first over the railing. Sal rolled him back into the ring and hit a Belly to Back Suplex for a two count. Thomaselli immediately went to the attack with a blatant two handed choke on his opponent. Sal put the boots to Azrieal, and then sent him into the ropes with an Irish Whip, but Azrieal held on.

Sal charged his opponent, but Azrieal hit a Backdrop, sending Sal over the top and onto the apron. Thomaselli got up, but was met with a right hand that led to a Suplex onto the ring apron. Sal rolled back into the ring, and Azrieal hit a Slingshot Splash for a two count. Azrieal went up top and went for a Double Stomp, but Sal rolled out of the way and Azrieal hit hard, clutching at his left knee. Thomaselli was slow to get up, but when he did, he managed to execute two consecutive Dragon Screw Leg Whips, and then applied a Half Crab. Azrieal couldn't reach the ropes, but managed to contort himself enough that he maneuvered into a Roll Up for a two count. Sal kicked out though, and applied a La Magistral Cradle for the three count.

First Round Match

-With brother Sal already in the semi-finals, Vito looked to advance himself. His opponent was the debuting CJ Otis, who was trained by Sabu and Dan Severn, and has been making waves in the Midwest. Vito with an Arm Wringer to start things out, and he moved into a Hammerlock, but Otis turned it into a Drop Toe Hold to escape the move and applied a Side Headlock. Vito escaped easily, but wasn't happy with the way things were turning out. Things continued to go the way of CJ Otis, as he kept the fight on the mat, manhandling Thomaselli, and scoring a near-fall with a crazy German Suplex from his knees. Otis went for his Burning Hammer a bit too early, and Vito blocked it with a couple of well placed Elbows. Thomaselli caught CJ in the face with a Big Boot, and Otis fell between the ropes to the outside.

Vito teased a Suicide Dive, but as he came off the ropes, he span around slowly with a middle finger to the crowd. Otis ran in though and caught him with a Half Nelson Suplex, and then a big Lariat. Otis tried to rile the fans up, but turned right into a Superkick from Vito, who hooked both legs, but only got a two count. Thomaselli got up enraged, and set up for a Lariat, but Otis ducked under and hit the ropes. With both men running, CJ tried for a Lariat of his own, but Vito ducked under, stopped, and caught him in the jaw with a second Superkick as he came back off the ropes. This time, Vito hooked the tights as well as the legs, and picked up the three count.

First Round Match

-The two men locked up to start the match, but Sabian swept Brandon's legs and went for a quick pin. One count for Sabian, who got up only to have his legs swept and be pinned for a one count. Brandon, who would face brother Vito if he won this match, tried for a Tilt-a-Whirl Slam, but Sabian reversed it into a Headscissors Takeover. Sabian tried for a Wheelbarrow into something, but Brandon turned it into a German Suplex. Thomaselli slowed things down with a Figure Four on the head of Sabian, but the Black Jesus fought out of it. Sabian connected with a Dropkick, and then an Arm Drag, but upon going for a Hurricanrana, found himself driven into the mat with a Powerbomb by The Impact Bully. Two count only on the pin, but Brandon was right back on the attack with a Cravate on the neck of his opponent.

Thomaselli got some heat from the fans, who were chanting for Chris Hero, but he simply let go of the move and knocked Sabian on his ass with a huge Forearm shot. Brandon then went to the ropes and yelled back at the fans. Sabian tried for a rollup, but Brandon kicked out right away and kicked him square in the face. Thomaselli executed a Hogan-esque Legdrop, and went for the pin, but Sabian kicked out. Brandon got up and called for The Deal, but he was too close to the turnbuckles when he attempted the move. Sabian grabbed hold of the top turnbuckle to block the move, and kicked Brandon in the back of the head. Thomaselli stumbled out a few feet, and then fell hard to the mat when Sabian hit the Black Jesus Double Stomp to the back of his head. Sabian covered, and picked up the three count.

First Round Match

Cheech Vs Tyler Black

-Tyler Black started out the match with an Arm Wringer, but Cheech tripped him up and grabbed hold of his ankle. Cheech tried to tweak the ankle, but Black rolled all the way through, hit his feet, and then connected with a Spinning Heel Kick. Cheech tried for a Lariat, but Black ducked under and ran up the ropes, pushing off of the top with a Back Elbow to the face of Cheech. Cheech tried to beg off, but Black wouldn't play along, as he kicked him in the shoulder. Cheech got up and received a couple of more kicks, but turned things around with an Arm Drag. Black got back up and looked for one of his own, but Cheech blocked it and poked him in the eyes. A Tornado DDT from Cheech led to a two count, but Tyler Black would not go down that easily.

Cheech went up top and tried for a Crossbody, but Tyler caught him in the midsection with a Dropkick. Tyler came back with an STO, and then hit a Running Legdrop. Black pulled Cheech up to his feet and hit a Brainbuster, but Cheech kicked out at two. The former member of Up In Smoke got back up to his feet and ducked under a Lariat, and then caught Black with a weak Superkick. Tyler stumbled back into the ropes, and then leveled him with a Lariat, which was the precursor to Black hitting the Small Package Driver for the win.

First Round Match

Niles Young w/ Noel Harlow Vs Josh Abercrombie

-Young didn't take kindly to Abercrombie's antics, as the Trendsetter danced his way to the ring to the beats of Michael Jackson's smash hit, "Bad". During his entrance, Josh went over to Noel and tried to dance with her, but Niles would have none of that, as he slid out of the ring and slapped his opponent. Abercrombie fired back with a right hand, and the fight was on. Josh didn't even have time to remove his pink flipped up cap or his checkered fanny pack. Niles and Josh threw fists for a good while before the match ended up in the ring. Abercrombie blocked a punch and hit a quick Bodyslam, giving himself time to stroke his mustache before going back to work with a Headlock. Josh continued to stroke his stache while applying the Headlock, but that allowed Niles to free himself with a Back Suplex.

Young followed up with a Backbreaker over his knee, and pinned his unorthodox opponent for a two count. Niles went for a German Suplex, but Josh countered with a go-behind. Abercrombie ran him into the ropes looking for an O'Connor Roll, but Young held on and caught him with a Superkick. Niles said something to Noel, and then kept on the attack, putting Josh down with a Uranage Suplex. Noel slid two chairs into the ring, and Niles put them on top of his opponent. Young went up top, looking to hit the Bam Mar-Chair-A, but Josh rolled out of the way. A few right hands later, Josh connected with a Tornado DDT, and then set himself up for the Taliban Backpack. Niles saw it coming though and ran from the corner. Josh came down and the two men exchanged Arm Drags, and then Josh hit a Powerslam.

Abercrombie spent too much time stroking his mustache, and Niles connected with a big right hand. Niles tried to Irish Whip Josh into the turnbuckle, but it was reversed, and he went hard into the buckles. Josh charged, but Niles moved out of the way. Abercrombie adjusted and sat himself on the top rope, looking again for the Backpack, but Niles grabbed one of the steel chairs from earlier and blasted Josh in the face with it. Young dropped the chair to the outside, grabbed his opponent, and hit a modified West Niles Virus with Abercrombie seated on the top turnbuckle. The Anomaly covered, and picked up the three count.

After the match, Niles and Noel put the boots to Josh and then kissed and posed in the ring -- Noel making sure to show off the diamond on her finger, courtesy of her future husband. Abercrombie got a "Please Come Back" chant, and he complained to the referee that Niles stole his move. "I invented that! I'm a trendsetter...and he stole that from me!"

Singles Match

-Dahmer was the first man out, but Hatred didn't wait for his own entrance, as he attacked the CZW School Trainer from behind. Hatred got the best of Dahmer early on, dropping him onto the guardrail and literally cracking a steel chair on his opponent's head. Blood poured down the face of Jon Dahmer, but that only seemed to fuel his fire, as he unloaded on Nate with right hands, and then hit a very awkward looking Belly to Belly into the ringpost. Dahmer went and pulled out a table, but by the time he had it half set up, he found himself on the receiving end of a chairshot to his back. Hatred pummeled Dahmer with rights and lefts on the ground, but Jon rolled it over and retaliated with the same. The two men made it back to their feet and in an exchange of punches, Hatred missed with a wild swing.

The Son of 1,000 Maniacs set up for a Backdrop Driver through the table, but Hatred elbowed his way out of it, and then sent Dahmer through the angled table with a Powerbomb. Hatred just walked away after that, as the referee didn't know what to do, and so he called for the bell, ruling it a no contest.

Semi-Final Match

-The fans weren't overly sure who to cheer for, but luckily for Chuck, it was his opponent that ended up getting the fans on his side. Sonjay did the Sprinkler, and Chuck went bananas, yelling about how stupid that was, and then complaining to the referee that Sonjay got him wet. The ref checked on Sonjay, warning him not to do that again, and Dutt looked confused, but didn't have time to argue as Chuck charged, screaming, and attacked him. Taylor applied an Arm Wringer, and yelled at Dutt to submit, but Sonjay countered into an Arm Drag, and wrenched on the arm, doing the Sprinkler in the process, which only served to anger Sexy Chucky T. Taylor and Dutt tossed Forearm shots back and forth, but Sonjay blocked one and caught him with a Monkey Flip from a standing position.

Sonjay hit a lethal kick to the spine, and then connected with a nice Quebrada for a two count. Dutt fired at Taylor with lefts and rights, but Chuck stopped Sonjay's momentum dead with a stomp to the foot, and then the Sole Food. Taylor followed up with a stalling Vertical Suplex, and then covered his opponent with just one foot. The ridiculous pinfall attempt barely got a one count, as Sonjay threw his arm into the air. Dutt rallied the fans behind him as Taylor applied a Greco Roman Knuckle Lock, a Test of Strength. Chuck posed and yelled for fans to take pictures, but Sonjay quickly turned it around and brought Taylor to his knees. Chuck shoved him down, holding the hands, and tried for something, but Dutt used his leg strength to push him off and bring himself up. Sonjay went all the way up and connected with a Hurricanrana.

Two count out of the Hurricanrana for Dutt, who then tried for a Shiranui. Taylor had the move scouted though and shoved him into the turnubuckle chest first. Taylor wasted no time afterwards as he immediately connected with the Omega Driver. Taylor screamed "Fuck you Sonjay!" and then pinned him for the win. Sexy Chucky T is the first finalist in this year's Best of the Best.

Semi-Final Match

Scotty Vortekz © Vs Salvatore Thomaselli

-Sal motioned to the title, saying that he was taking it home tonight, and Vortekz just shook his head and smiled. The two men locked up and neither man could gain the advantage. Thomaselli backed Vortekz into the corner, and then caught him with a Knife Edged Chop instead of making the clean break. Sal would later pay for that though, as Vortekz did the same, except with a Kobashi-style showing of multiple chops in rapid succession. The champion then connected with an Exploder Suplex out of the corner and picked up a two count early on. Vortekz hit a couple of elbows, and then went for a Tilt-A-Whirl Headscissors, but Thomaselli dropped him hard on his back with a slam. Sal dropped an Elbow on his opponent and covered for a two count, and then rolled out of the ring to regain his composure.

Thomaselli slid back into the ring as Vortekz made his way to his feet, and ducked under a lock up attempt, moving into a waistlock from behind. Sal looked to be going for a German Suplex, but Vortekz blocked and reversed that into a waistlock of his own. Sal reversed again, and this time hit the German Suplex, except at this point, they were so close to the turnbuckle that the back of the champ's head hit the bottom turnbuckle. Thomaselli stomped away at Vortekz, pressing him hard against the corner. Sal slid out of the ring and drove the neck of his opponent into the edge of the ring apron. Sal then applied a cravate, and continued to drive the neck of Vortekz into the apron. Thomaselli pulled his opponent back up to his feet in the ring and connected with a DDT, but only got a two count.

Vortekz began to mount a comeback, connecting with Forearms, and then a nice Tilt-A-Whirl Headscissors. The champion then tried for a Tornado DDT, but Thomaselli blocked it and caught him with a Palm Strike. Sal then tied up Vortekz's legs in the second turnbuckle, Cloverleaf style, and then pulled him up by the head, and drove him hard into the mat with a sick DDT. The fans popped for that, and Sal pulled him out of the corner for the academic three count, advancing to the finals AND winning the CZW Junior Heavyweight Championship.

Semi-Final Match

Vito Thomaselli w/ Brandon Thomaselli Vs Sabian w/ Chrissy Rivera and Robbie Mireno

-Vito was looking to join his brother in the finals of this year's tournament, but the Black Jesus would stand in his way. Thomaselli charged early, but Sabian caught him with an Overhead Belly to Belly, catching the Iron Saint by surprise. Vito let out a very loud "fuck!" that made Sabian laugh. Mireno got up in the face of Vito, but Brandon went up to him on the outside and threatened him. Rivera joined in, but backed off as Brandon said "I'll kill you too bitch. I'm not afraid to hit a skank." With Sabian distracted, Vito attacked him from behind and pounded away on the back. Thomaselli raked his fingers along the back of his opponent and then hit a Belly to Back Suplex. Both men went for covers whenever they could find the opportunity, but neither man seemed to be able to connect with a big move.

Vito took advantage and connected with a Uranage. Thomaselli went up top for what looked like a Moonsault, but Sabian shoved him off the top rope and Vito caught the guardrail hard. Chrissy Rivera kicked at a downed Vito Thomaselli, but Brandon ran in to chase her off. Primo Robbie Mireno got in Brandon's face about it, and the Impact Bully dropped him with a Lariat. Brandon helped Vito up, but the two men were caught with a Tope Con Hilo by Sabian. The Black Jesus rolled his opponent into the ring and connected with an Exploder for a two count. Sabian called for the Black Jesus Stomp, but Vito wasn't ready to lose, as he nailed him from behind with a right hand. The two men ran the ropes and both connected with a Clothesline at the same time.

Brandon rolled into the ring, pulled Sabian to his feet and executed The Deal. Vito then crawled on top and scored the three count as the crowd boo'd.

Brandon grabbed a chair and nailed Sabian with it, busting him open. Mireno crawled into the ring, but received a chairshot of his own. Vito and Brandon put the boots to Sabian, until Rivera crawled on top of the Black Jesus. The two men looked like they were done, and even left the ring, but Brandon slid back in and grabbed Rivera by the hair, from behind. He then set her up, and completely destroyed her with The Deal. Brandon got the loudest boo's of the night here as he looked down at what he'd done before leaving and embracing his brother.

Semi-Final Match

Tyler Black Vs Niles Young w/ Noel Harlow

-Black did his usual hardcore dance on his way to the ring, to which Niles Young just smirked and laughed. Tyler opened the match with a flurry of moves, including a beautiful Roundhouse Kick, as well as a Hip Toss where Young's back landed across Tyler's knee. Niles turned things around though, and after slamming Black hard to the mat, rolled him over and applied a Camel Clutch. Young ground his wrist tape into the eyes of his opponent, but Tyler Black managed to grab the ropes. Young let go of the hold, but continued to stomp away at his opponent. Black rolled to the outside, and Niles was looking for a Suicide Dive, but he stopped just short of the ropes, fingered the fans, and slid out of the ring. Young tried to send Black into the ringpost, but Tyler reversed it and sent Niles shoulder first into the post.

Tyler tried to follow up, but Noel stepped in the way. Black teased hitting her, to which the fans responded with a resounding cheer, but Tyler instead just pushed her out of the way. The fans boo'd, and Black walked right into a Drop Toe Hold, sending him face first into the ringpost. Young rolled him back in, but only got a two count. After a little more of an exchange, Black connected with the Small Package Driver, but Noel was quickly up to the apron to distract the ref. Tyler got up and argued, but turned around into a Field Goal Kick to the crotch. Black dropped like a bad habit, and Young rolled him up for the three count.

Danny Havoc and Toby Klein Vs DJ Hyde and Mitch Ryder

-The bell didn't even ring to start this non tournament match, as the hatred ran too deep to wait. Ryder went after Havoc, and Hyde went fist for fist with Toby Klein. Ryder and Danny exchanged right hands on the outside of the ring, with the Marvelous One seemingly getting the upper hand, until Havoc caught him with a hard DDT on the concrete floor. In the ring, DJ Hyde sent Klein hard into the turnbuckle, where there awaited a barbed wire covered piece of plywood. Havoc worked over Ryder on the outside with a barbed wire bat, rubbing it in his face, but Mitch reversed it and caught Havoc in the stomach with it. Ryder pulled Havoc's shirt off and beat him with the bat until blood covered the lower back of Havoc. Back in the ring, the former Iron Man Champion found a staple gun and was looking to put it to use.

Klein fought back, and stole the staple gun. Mr Insanity caught Hyde in the forehead with a staple, and then in the shoulder, and once more in the crotch. DJ Hyde rolled out of the ring in pain, grabbing at his groin. Havoc and Ryder made their way into the ring. Danny wanted a Death Valley Driver onto the barbed wire board, but Ryder blocked it, and set up for a Piledriver. Before he could hit it though, Mitch was caught by a Big Foot to the face by Klein. Mr Insanity and Mitch Ryder exchanged right hands as Danny Havoc took flight with a Plancha over the top and onto DJ Hyde on the floor. Havoc grabbed a chair, but Hyde took it from him and drilled him in the head. Meanwhile, Ryder set up for a Piledriver on Klein, but Toby reversed it into a Back Body Drop onto the barbed wire board.

DJ Hyde and Toby Klein began brawling in the ring... Mitch Ryder rolled to the outside, and Danny Havoc slid back into the ring with a chair in hand. Klein reversed an Irish Whip, and Havoc leveled DJ with a chairshot, a receipt from earlier on. Toby and Danny set up a pane of glass in the corner of the ring, but Ryder pulled Mr Insanity out under the bottom rope. Hyde delivered a ridiculously hard Lariat to Havoc, and then called for the end. Hyde set up for a Powerbomb, but Havoc countered with a Hurricanrana. Havoc put DJ in front of the glass and set up for a running move of some sort, but as he jumped, DJ Hyde caught him and flipped him around, setting up for a German Suplex. Havoc countered with a mule kick to escape, but then went behind him and hooked in a Full Nelson, which led to a sick looking Dragon Suplex. Havoc barely got him over, but he got him over enough to send him through the glass pane for the win.

Singles Match

Ruckus Vs ? w/ Derek Frazier

-Ruckus came out, unaccompanied after the events of earlier in the night. Derek Frazier came out and stood outside of the ring with a microphone, taunting Ruckus, which distracted him as a man jumped the guardrail and slid into the ring. Ruckus turned right into a Lariat from... JULIO DINERO. The former TNA and ECW star pounded away on Ruckus, but the Bruce Lee of Ooooo-Eeeeeee shoved him off and turned it around with a Headlock. Dinero fired him off into the ropes and Ruckus surprised him with the Razzle Dazzle. Ruckus rallied the fans, but Dinero blocked a Suplex attempt and knee'd Ruckus in the face. Julio posed for the ladies, and ended up taking a boot to the gut. Ruckus then connected with a Flipping Neckbreaker and picked up a two count.

Derek Frazier jumped up onto the apron and grabbed his attention, but Ruckus knocked him off with a right hand. Ruckus turned into a Superkick, but Julio could only get a two count. Dinero pulled him up to his feet and called for the end, but as he tried for No Brainer (Full Nelson into a Uranage), Ruckus countered, spinning himself around and into a Sunset Flip for the surprise three count.

Frazier slid into the ring, and Dinero shot up to his feet, but Ruckus was quick to get out of dodge as he motioned that he just smoked their asses.

The Boss, John Zandig, not Bruce Springsteen... made his way to the ring with the CZW World Heavyweight Championship across his shoulder. First things first, Zandig says that there is going to be a major change to the way things are announced here in CZW. Zandig said that news will still come from the website, but that it will be presented Press Conference style. Match and debut announcements will be made via CZW Web Video, and every month there will be someone there taking questions in a Q and A style format. This month, it's going to be The Boss himself. Zandig said that questions can be submitted via e-mail, and he will answer as many as he can.

Next on the docket, agenda, or whatever, was the belt that Zandig currently had posession of. Jokingly, he says that he should just award it to himself, but after a chorus of boo's, told the fans that he had something much more entertaining in mind. Zandig announced that starting next month, there would be a five man round robin tournament to decide the new World Champion. The Tournament of Death winner, Drake Younger, will join the winner of tonight's Best of the Best, to round out the five man field that Zandig has already included 3 former World Champions in. The fans asked who, and Zandig was happy to oblige. The CZW Iron Man Champion, Nick Gage... one half of the CZW Tag Team Champions, Ruckus... and making his return to the Combat Zone... SUPER FUCKING DRAGON.

Zandig is quick to mention that because of this, the Iron Man and Tag Team Titles may not be defended. At first, he said it as though the belts would just be forgotten about until the tournament ended, but then added that with five guys there, there will be 3 tournament matches per night. Someone will have to wrestle twice in the tournament. So, Zandig thinks that on nights when they aren't scheduled for two tournament matches, that Gage and Ruckus should be more than capable of defending their titles. Of course, that's not a final decision, and that will be addressed in two weeks on CZW Web Video during the announcements for next month's event. Zandig does say though that tickets are on sale, and Super Dragon is confirmed, so go buy them now... and then come back and enjoy the main event!

Best of the Best Finals

Chuck Taylor Vs Salvatore Thomaselli Vs Vito Thomaselli Vs Niles Young w/ Noel Harlow

-We had an interesting match on our hands here, as the Best of the Best final not only had both of the Iron Saints in it, but all four men in the match were heels. Taylor avoided a Superkick from Niles Young early on, and then yelled at Niles that he's a fool. Chucky T then turned around into a Double Superkick from the Saints. The Thomaselli's tried for a Double Clothesline, but Young ducked under it and hit the ropes, only to receive a Double Back Body Drop. Sal and Vito high fived, but then both received a low blow from Taylor. Chuck went up top and hit a Missile Dropkick on Vito that sent him into Niles Young, who fell out of the ring. The new CZW Junior Heavyweight Champion, Sal Thomaselli, was all over Chuck Taylor at this point, as he caught him with a big Enziguri for a very close one count.

Vito and Niles brawled on the outside for a bit, with Young sending Thomaselli into the guardrail, but then turning around into a Plancha from Sal. As the three men were on the outside of the ring, Chuck took the opportunity to have a seat in the middle and rest up. Taylor cheered on the action on the outside as Vito and Sal Suplexed Niles Young on the concrete floor, but was quick to his feet as Vito slid back into the ring. Vito caught Chuck with some big Forearm shots, and then whipped him into the corner, where Sal caught him with a Double Knee Strike to the chest, followed by a Vito Clothesline. Vito hit a Lungblower, and held on, but as Sal went up top, he was pushed off and to the outside by The Anomaly. With Vito distracted, Chuck Taylor took control and rolled him into a pinfall for a two count.

Niles came into the ring at this point and rocked the jaw of Taylor with a right hand. Chuck screamed that it hurt, and then got caught with another Superkick, this time from Vito alone. Young and Vito exchanged right hands, but Vito blocked a poke to the eyes and connected with one of his own. Young sold it like he got hit by a Shotgun blast, and Vito sat him up, preparing for and connecting with a brutal kick to the spine. Taylor grabbed Vito from behind for a Back Suplex, but Sal stopped him with a shot to the back. Sal lifted Chucky T up in a Wheelbarrow, and Vito gave him a Jawbreaker. Taylor rolled out of the ring, while Sal and Vito went to work on Niles Young. The Iron Saints connected with a Double Hip Toss, and then Sal hit a Legdrop while Vito worked the midsection with a Double Stomp.

Sal went to the ring apron and connected with an Asai Moonsault on Taylor, while in the ring, Vito dropped Taylor with a Brainbuster. Sal slid back into the ring and he and Vito got on the same page as they set up, and hit the Californication on The Anomaly Niles Young. Neither men tried for the pin right away, as they huddled in a corner and tried to decide who would make the pin via Rock, Paper, Scissors. That would prove to be their downfall, however, as Sexy Chucky T runs at both men and nails them both at the same time with a steel chair. Sal fell through the ropes, but Vito needed some help as Chuck shoved him out. Taylor then pounced on Niles Young and scored the pinfall, earning himself the title of Best of the Best.

Quick Results

01. Chuck Taylor d. CJ O'Doyle (9:32) via Small Package in a first round match. (D-)

02. Sonjay Dutt d. Ryan McBride (5:37) via Muscle Buster. (D+)

03. Scotty Vortekz © d. Derek Frazier (9:37) via TKO to retain the CZW Junior Heavyweight Title in a first round match. (D)

04. Salvatore Thomaselli d. Azrieal (7:53) via La Magistral Cradle in a first round match. (D)

05. Vito Thomaselli d. CJ Otis (8:42) via Superkick. (D+)

06. Sabian d. Brandon Thomaselli (10:46) via Black Jesus Stomp. (D+)

07. Tyler Black d. Cheech (8:29) via Small Package Driver in a first round match. (D)

08. Niles Young d. Josh Abercrombie (9:31) via West Niles Virus in a first round match. (C-)

09. Jon Dahmer Vs Nate Hatred goes to a no contest. (6:45)... (E)

10. Chuck Taylor d. Sonjay Dutt (10:56) via Omega Driver in a semi-final match. (D+)

11. Salvatore Thomaselli d. Scotty Vortekz © (14:27) via Cloverleaf DDT to win the CZW Junior Heavyweight Title in a semi-final match. (D+)

12. Vito Thomaselli d. Sabian (9:42) via pinfall in a semi-final match. (D+)

13. Niles Young d. Tyler Black (6:40) via pinfall in a semi-final match. (C-)

14. Danny Havoc and Toby Klein d. DJ Hyde and Mitch Ryder (11:54) via Dragon Suplex in an Ultraviolent Tag Team match. (D+)

15. Ruckus d. Julio Dinero (6:38) via Sunset Flip. ©

16. Chuck Taylor d. Salvatore Thomaselli, Vito Thomaselli and Niles Young (18:08) via pinfall to win the Best of the Best tournament. ©

OOC: Questions for the Q and A with John Zandig will be taken via PM or Reply. Please only include your question in a reply if you have other things to say, because I do not want anyone getting in trouble for postwhoring. Hope you enjoyed the show.

EDIT: FYI, YI won the prediction contest with 8 correct choices. I'll be PMing him now to let him know.

Edited by Gabriel Byrne

Wow. Top quality show. So full of surprises. Sal Thomaselli as Jr Heavyweight Champion was TOTALLY out of left field. "Captain Profanity" Vito Thomaselli is my personal favourite Thomaselli, but Sal getting a singles push is interesting. HORSE COLLAR BRAINBUSTER~! :shifty:

And Chuck winning is awesome. Hopefully this leads to more Chuck in CZW.

Edited by YI

I haven't been a regular follower of CZW for well over a year, and even then I really only followed them through the big shows. Still, I really like what you've written here, which is truly a testament to the level of detail you've put into it. You've made it very easy to follow, even for somebody who's not 100% up to date on the roster or other ongoings.

That said, I really liked the idea you presented in the backstory: CZW vs. you never really said. I suppose you could always implement it later on. Either way, it's worth not forgetting about really.

Nate Hatred is by far the guy I most mark for. Not just in CZW. Period. The way you've portrayed him here has won me over, even if he's yet to actually win a match. I don't figure he'll play too crucial a role in CZW's "rebuilding" but... well, I'd be happy to be wrong about that. If Younger beat Hatred, it would make him for life. Then again, Younger can't beat Hatred...

I have to admit Chuck winning BOTB was a bit too predictable for my tastes. Just by reading how you write him, the desire to build him into a bona fide star practically radiates off the screen. Still, I think he would benefit as much from a mere appearance in the finals as he did the win, especially considering he beat Sonjay on top of it. I suppose you're just cementing the fact he's going to be a major player in the future. Just felt like overkill a little to have him win the whole deal.

Sal dethroning Snortekz comes as a surprise though, a very intriguing one. I'm not sure how anything's going to play out as far as The Iron Saints are concerned here. There's a lot of possible ways you could take it.

Also a surprise... Wholio? I don't know why but I just love that call. Especially since it fell on the one out of a hundred time when a "Wrestler vs. ???" match saw the named wrestler win. Considering Ruckus got named one of the five round-robin competitors, which itself is a great call, the fact he just eked out a win is all the better, in my opinion.

Super Dragon's return, especially done in this manner, is just great. This round robin should be incredible, even though I'm a bit confused as to exactly how the "three matches per show" thing plans out. Based on the later comments made about the IM & TT titles, I'll just assume you've plotted this thing out and strap in for the ride.

Great job thus far and good luck keeping it going. :)