I might go to my first hardcore show on Thursday

ramfan22890

Well Enter Shikari is coming close to my town. (Actually i have to drive to san fran to seen them, about a hour drive) But still im hyped to go. Hopefully my parents let me go. Anyway have any of you guys been to a hardcore show? What can i expect? Ive been to alot of concerts but their mostly for pop-punk artists and there isnt any moshing involed in those. So any advice? Id like it to come more from the british people who have seen them before.

I remember reading about when Enter Shakari played at a comedy club and people got thrown out for moshing. What a gig that must've been...

That probably won't happen to you though, unless they're playing at a comedy club...

Moshing?

Just stand between two huge big guys like I did for Coheed and Avenged and you have nothing to worry about.

Unless you want to be one of those assholes that push girls down and step on them, then you're gonna get some blows to the head too.

If it's a solid mosh pit, remember your proper etiquette. Domn't push with elbows, push with forearms. Keep them away from head level to avoid injury to yourself and others.

If it's a circle pit, run and don't get pushed over.

And if it's a hardcore thrash and spin well...

Hardcore kids can't mosh, hardcore kids are dickheads.

It pisses me off, you want to fucking spin kick and windmill, then fuck off - or else I will fucking take you down. It isn't fun, it's just REALLY dangerous. A pit is about a good time, I hate fuckers who run in and throw punches too - often big metal heads, with a skin head, it's fucking ridiculous. You wanna hurt people, join UFC, people are there to have fun, not get hurt.

Well Enter Shikari is coming close to my town. (Actually i have to drive to san fran to seen them, about a hour drive) But still im hyped to go. Hopefully my parents let me go. Anyway have any of you guys been to a hardcore show? What can i expect? Ive been to alot of concerts but their mostly for pop-punk artists and there isnt any moshing involed in those. So any advice? Id like it to come more from the british people who have seen them before.

Hang on, you can drive, but you want your parents permission to go see a band? What backwater land do you live in?

God damnit I love you.

I fucking hate that invisible ninja shit, especially at your proper gigs. Fair enough if you're at a tiny bar gig with six people in the crowd then knock yourselves out, go one at a time throw some shapes who gives a shit, but there was some cunts at download last year wailing roundhouse kicks in the skindred pit. Suck a dick.

Here in Grimsby/Cleethorpes, no matter what type of band it is, everybody does hardcore style moshing. It fucking sucks, a bunch of meatheads who kick the shit out of each other. One of the first gigs I went to, this really fat guy in an Hawaii t-shirt aged about 30 kept on running into innocent bystanders, knocking them into the pit and standing back. It was really fucking unacceptable, considering the band were as pop-punk as hell.

I hate the hardcore/straight edge music/philosophy anyway. I'm not better than everybody else for not drinking/smoking/doing drugs, why should they be for listening to audio representations of vomit while they stay sober?

Edited by God-Awful

Enter Shikara are fucking awful. I thought it was physically impossible for a band with a synthesizer to suck so much. As bands with synthesizers are generally awesome, purely for having a synth.

And I still hate calling these kind of bands 'hardcore'. For me, hardcore is still a 'punk' term. Bah. half of these guys sound like they're being molested by a grapefruit.

Edited by YI

Enter Shikara are fucking awful. I thought it was physically impossible for a band with a synthesizer to suck so much. As bands with synthesizers are generally awesome, purely for having a synth.

And I still hate calling these kind of bands 'hardcore'. For me, hardcore is still a 'punk' term. Bah. half of these guys sound like they're being molested by a grapefruit.

I fucking hate that invisible ninja shit, especially at your proper gigs. Fair enough if you're at a tiny bar gig with six people in the crowd then knock yourselves out, go one at a time throw some shapes who gives a shit, but there was some cunts at download last year wailing roundhouse kicks in the skindred pit. Suck a dick.

that a Mighty Boosh reference?

Enter Shikari?

Hardcore?

They fucking belong in a comedy club.

Enter Shikari aren't hardcore :/

They're pretty good though.

Hardcore kids can be bloody annoying, but they tend to beg off if you elbow/forearm or otherwise generally incapacitate them.

Circle pits are fun. But if you get in one, remember the golden rule. DO NOT STOP RUNNING, you will die. Number of times I've had to dive in and rescue some moron who either decided he'd had enough, or desperately needed to tie his shoelace, it's ridiculous. THink, people.

Since we're on the subject of moshing, how about some tales from teh pit?

For example, me and Summ caught up in the pit for Funeral For A Friends at Download a couple of eyars back, which was awesome. Summ got his lip or mouth split or something, which was less awesome, but still.

Also, me, Keith and my flatmates were beaten into a Trivium circle pit by a fucking 6 year old kid. Embarrassing.

That was the most random moment of my life, watching Funeral, a pit opens, it closes soon after, and you end up next to me. Of course we started it again, it was just crazy bumping into you like that.

As for that Trivium gig, the fucking pit for Bloodsimple was CRAZY. I ran in once. Destroyed. And tying shoe laces, when the huge circle pit went on, some daft cunt stopped to do his laces. WHO DOES THAT!? I mean just WHY?

Brand New..."Guernica"...broken glasses, black eye. I took out 3 emo bastards though. An eye for an eye. :shifty: Was some cunt swinging with his arm as well, though it was actually his back/shoulder that hit me.

Edited by YI

....I have a horrible feeling that I might know one of the cunts you're referring to.