Transfer Thread

ONO

I'm not so sure about Le Tallec, I reckon he'll get a season. If he was going anywhere, he would've played today or moved already.

But Bellamy and Cisse leaving is a massive step in the right direction. Bellamy was an improvement on the Cisse's punts & runs, but he's still not a top four player (he could be, just likes a moan too much).

We desperately need a winger, though.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure about Le Tallec, I reckon he'll get a season. If he was going anywhere, he would've played today or moved already.

But Bellamy and Cisse leaving is a massive step in the right direction. Bellamy was an improvement on the Cisse's punts & runs, but he's still not a top four player (he could be, just likes a moan too much).

We desperately need a winger, though.

Fabio Grosso to Lyon http://home.skysports.com/transferarticle.aspx?hlid=475692

From the News of the World

BILLIONAIRE Mike Ashley wants to bring a global superstar to Newcastle - with Raul and Deco high on his wanted list. The new Toon owner wants to signal his intent to make Newcastle a worldwide brand by signing one of the biggest names in world football. And both Real Madrid striker Raul and Barcelona midfielder Deco are players he has identified as possible transfer targets.

A Newcastle source revealed: “Now Mike has overall control of Newcastle he wants to make a statement of intent to the rest of the football world.

“He wants to land a worldwide superstar which will show he means business and will make everyone sit up and take notice. “He wants to make Newcastle the best and both Raul and Deco are players he has on his wanted list. “Nothing has happened yet but Newcastle hope to make moves over the next few weeks as both players are facing uncertain futures.” Raul’s future at Real Madrid is hanging in the balance because of the sacking of Fabio Capello and the influence he has on the dressing room.

Portuguese superstar Deco has always insisted he wants to play in England at some stage in his career and could be surplus to requirements if Barca land Frank Lampard.

Liverpool wants to get Babel and has supposedly done a bid of 10 million euro. Won't happen, Ajax is not letting him go yet and I think when he does finally leave Ajax he'll go to Arsenal.

*EDIT: Now it seems to be "more than 14 million euro" but Ajax has said no but want to negotiate.

Edited by Quasi Juice

If Kamara gets settled, he could be a good signing, plus he has pace, which we don't really have at the top of the field. A partnership of McBride and Kamara could work for me, and if we get Healy as well, I think it'd look good for us.

6m is a bit too much, but hopefully WBA might still be interested in Helguson.

He's a good player if you can get the right service to him; which took Blackwell/Carver/Wise almost 3 years to figure out - by then it was too late. Anyway, Sanchez knows how to play to Healy's strengths, and he should be a class act in the premiership if he plays with some decent wingers.

West Brom have done fantastic there. Two players I definitely wouldn't want in my team. I don't rate Kamara above £3m or Koumas above £3m, so they've done very well in my opinion.

They've done well to get that much from two Premiership teams on players who are unproven (yet have had chances) in the top flight. It's a blow for WBA squad wise though as they were two of, if not their two best players last season. They're among the best at Championship level.

He's a good player if you can get the right service to him; which took Blackwell/Carver/Wise almost 3 years to figure out - by then it was too late. Anyway, Sanchez knows how to play to Healy's strengths, and he should be a class act in the premiership if he plays with some decent wingers.