Transfer Thread

ONO

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're willing to offer an arm and a leg, they reek of absolute desperation and have done ever since they appointed Sven. All these high transfer fees for players nobody has even heard of. Its really a typical "theres money there so we'll splash out on anyone" scenario.

Edited by Lost Soul

Thing is, teams know they have money anyways. So even if they didn't splash out, teams are going to squeeze them for every penny they can for a player.

Still, I'm hopeful we can sign Gordon ¬_¬

Thing is, teams know they have money anyways. So even if they didn't splash out, teams are going to squeeze them for every penny they can for a player.

Still, I'm hopeful we can sign Gordon ¬_¬

I think the good thing you can take out of this, apart from the fact you may get Gordon is that Keane is willing to spend that kind of money on one player. Three or four years ago and people would have laughed at Sunderland paying £5m for someone.

They're willing to offer an arm and a leg, they reek of absolute desperation and have done ever since they appointed Sven. All these high transfer fees for players nobody has even heard of. Its really a typical "theres money there so we'll splash out on anyone" scenario.

You call Elano and Rolando Bianchi "players nobody has even heard of"?

Lol.

Edited by Lost Soul

I know Elano because he played in the Copa America and scored against Argentina twice at the Emirates. So he has to be a reasonable player.

You only have to watch Italian football to know who Bianchi is, he came 3rd or 4th in the goalscoring charts at a pretty balls team and is only 21. It's not like they've bought complete unknowns.

Elano's been a regular in the Brazilian National team for the past months and Bianchi "is widely considered as one of the brightest promises of Italian football, and during the 2006-2007 season he showed why he is so highly regarded having been one of the only bright spots for Reggina."

Lol that statement means nothing. I remember the Italian press were highlighting Massimo Donati as the next big Italian. Yeah..

Ok, so they've bought two players that are known to some, but to those that don't watch Italian football or follow Brazil they will be unknowns, along with a few others.

Edited by Lost Soul

Guest Ringie 500

The players Sven signed, for the most part, are known to anyone who doesn't simply stick to English football.

That said, if Everton sign Lucho Gonzalez, I'll change my prediction to them finishing above the Arse.