Transfer Thread

ONO

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie Clapham's been brought in on loan to replace Lewis who was covering the left back position. Seriously, did it not occur once to Wisey that Stephen Crainey was shit, and we got rid of him, and we only had Micky Gray on loan, thus we have no left backs. So instead of signing 10 midfielders and 8 strikers, we should have gotten a decent left defender?

Clapham is a decent left back, best left wing back i've seen, could of easily made it in to the England squad anytime between 00-02 for Ipswich, but because he played for Ipswich, it was the left backs of Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc.

Same as Marcus Stewart top English goalscorer yet didn't even get picked for a Squad, kinda the same as Darren Bent last year, why do England not want to play their top goal scorer? Beyond me.

Good signing for Leeds though.

Mellberg has said he may leave on a bosman in the summer to play in the Champions League. Fuck off, is what I say.

Who needs Mellberg when BBC radio has reported Villa and West Brom have agreed an £8m deal for Curtis Davies.

Clapham is a decent left back, best left wing back i've seen, could of easily made it in to the England squad anytime between 00-02 for Ipswich, but because he played for Ipswich, it was the left backs of Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc.

Same as Marcus Stewart top English goalscorer yet didn't even get picked for a Squad, kinda the same as Darren Bent last year, why do England not want to play their top goal scorer? Beyond me.

Good signing for Leeds though.

Gareth Bale goes for £10m? Nothings said?

Davies goes for £8m? And people laugh. Come off it, thats the money you pay for a future England star.

I've heard Villa are looking into Liam Rosenior and some Portugese defender (Bosingwa?) as well as Mertesacker & Davies.
Edited by Lost Soul

£10m for Bale is just as ridiculous as £8 for Davies.

Hell, we paid £9m for Gordon, that's way too much.

£5.5m for Chopra is seeming a lot, but if he keeps scoring I'm not going to mind. £6m for Nugent is another one.

There all just as bas as each other for prices. Then again if a team knows the interested team has money, they're going to milk it for all they can no doubt.

I never said it wasn't. All I said was that it was too much and they should look elsewhere, they could definitely sign an equally as good if not better player from abroad for less giving them money to be left over, so there's no real need for Davies when they have other, better, options to choose from.

Per Mertesacke or whatever he's called is there for £7m.

Davies is English, he's young and a bright talent, of course he's going to be dear. I want Davies, I don't mind paying £8m for him.

We've looked at other targets, and O'Neill has said its the same abroad. Bosingwa's price goes up everyday, and he's been priced out of other players. We want a few players in we'll have to pay over the odds.