Top 100 Video Game Characters of All Time

I'll probably be doing another 2 updates tonight you guys, so be prepared for that :)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear God in heaven, that was a tough update. There was alot to say because of who was in it.

Alright folks, plans changed: one update tonight, another tomorrow at... I don't know, some point. That took much longer then expected.

I'm off to bed. Enjoy the next 10, #'s 40 through 31!

I feel I have to correct you on Toad's entry- In Super Mario Brothers 2, Toad wasn't the 'all around' character, he was the 'incredibly fast at picking things up' character. And I love that the generic, green-armored, faceless, characterless space marine placed only one rank higher than the generic, green-armored, faceless, characterless space marine.

edit: And I love Katamari Damacy for adding the phrase 'Stately crotch-bulge' to my personal lexicon.

Edited by Fanku Kaibutsu

Shit, I forgot entirely about that. For some reason I thought Mario had the fast picking up ability, and I don't know why :\

Ken is my third favorite Street Fighter character (behind Dhalsim and Akuma), glad to see him on the list. Hope he'd make it higher up though, considering that I'm not expecting to see Dhalsim or Akuma on the list.

Mega Man is one I have mixed reactions from. I HATE the Mega Man games, yet I LOVE the Mega Man X games. Still a badass character though, though I don't see how he beat Zero.

Lui Kang AND Scorpion beat Sub-Zero. What an outrage.

Glad Toad it made it. He was always my favorite character in SMB2.

Akuma & Dhalsim can die in a fire. One is a terrible version of the Ansatsuken fighters (fuck Sean is better, fuck Dan is better.) and the other is a cheap motherfucker.

Edited by Kou

Seriously, fuck you all. Toad? What the fuck is wrong with you? You make me sick. Physically sick.

If it wasn't for the King Of All Cosmos making the list (although he should be Top 5, at least), I'd be choking someone.

Alright folks, tomorrow I'll be getting up #s 30-21 and 20-11, but I need to make an announcement regarding the positions of the characters in the Top 100:

It seems there's been an error, in that for some reason, I don't have a 28th place on my list. Because of this, all characters above #28 have been shifted up one space, meaning that Simon Belmont, who came in 101st place, is now at 100th place, and so on down the line.

Sorry about the mix-up, I'll have the graphics fixed tomorrow to reflect this change. This basically means that some of your favorites have move forward a space, so be happy for that.

I'll have to re-organize the list a little as well, to clean it up due to the changes.

So yeah, all that's happening tomorrow while I have the time, which yes, I'll have plenty of. So big things are happening tomorrow, and then after that, we'll finally have reached the Top 10. So be prepared!

I was actually discussing this with Hamster. 39 and upwards have been all kinds of awesome so far.

And I call bullshit upon Sephiroth Clone. :P

I was too young for the big Street Fighter craze, so M. Bison means little to me really, but I guess he's pretty well deserving of his spot.
Edited by The Kraig

Everything's fixed now, and #'s 30 through 21 and 20 through 11 will be coming later tonight, but don't expect them soon. Seems my Photography class is taking an unexpected field trip to a big city to take pictures of buildings, so yeah, that'll keep me from my laptop :\

Oh yeah, and the King of All Cosmos has been taken off the update.

LOL THE KING OF ALL COSMOS IS STILL #30 GUYZ, SO DON'T WORRY

Be back later tonight with more updates!

Since that little trip to the city sort-of set me back tonight, I don't think I'll still be able to do two updates as planned. I will, however, have one up shortly, and should have the next one up tomorrow night.

No matter what happens though, we'll be starting the Top 10 countdown on Wednesday night, and I plan to be done with the whole thing on either Thursday night or Friday.

I'll make another post notifying you guys when the next update has become available, so stick around!