Top 100 Video Game Characters of All Time

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King Slender and no Starman?! Seriously EWB? Seriously?!

You see what I'm saying?! I can handle breezing by some questionable entries, but King Slender takes the fucking cake. He was useless, there was so many better characters on that game.

I literally could think nothing good of him to say. I sat there, staring at the screen. It can't be done, Zero, men have lost their lives trying to do it.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

HEY! I nominated Little Mac

Do what? You did?

... son of a bitch, I must have missed it. I'm sorry, dude, with all the nominations I was handling I guess I kind-of just lost it in the list.

I don't like that characters devoid of backstory or personality made the list; not just "Sim", but "Frogger" too. Sure, Frogger's iconic and it's an important game and all, but for the character? Hell no. It was the gameplay that made it, no one ever emphasised with the poor bugger, so how could he be said to be a great character?

I agree with Skumfrog. I know some people didn't vote them purely on merit of character depth, but surely thats the point? I mean, otherwise wouldn't it just be a list of the greatest video games of all time? I actually was writing out a list of my nominations and I was going to argue with one guy who put PacMan in but it was obvious everyone was doing the same. This list sucks. Your list sucks, Norris.

Well it ain't my fault, clearly, as I'm only the one running the thing. You want a better list, you vote next time, sway the favor of other voters to vote for some of the same, talk down the inductions of other 'characters', and quitcher bitchin', ya' stupid little masked sonofabitch :P

When I voted for the characters I thought should get in, I voted on characters :P

Technically though, Pacman COULD work as a character-- he's had spinoffs where they've given him a personality, so if anything if/when he appears on the list, I can just talk about those.

But seriously, I didn't see YOU putting up a fuss to any characters. Fanku did, and while I tried to find a viewpoint that 'Sim' could work as a character, he stood by his original opinion (that 'Sim' isn't a character) and probably got a few people to decide not to vote, giving 'Sim' a spot further to the back at least. It's all about how you send a message out to people :P

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Well it ain't my fault, clearly, as I'm only the one running the thing. You want a better list, you vote next time, sway the favor of other voters to vote for some of the same, talk down the inductions of other 'characters', and quitcher bitchin', ya' stupid little masked sonofabitch :P

When I voted for the characters I thought should get in, I voted on characters :P

Technically though, Pacman COULD work as a character-- he's had spinoffs where they've given him a personality, so if anything if/when he appears on the list, I can just talk about those.

But seriously, I didn't see YOU putting up a fuss to any characters. Fanku did, and while I tried to find a viewpoint that 'Sim' could work as a character, he stood by his original opinion (that 'Sim' isn't a character) and probably got a few people to decide not to vote, giving 'Sim' a spot further to the back at least. It's all about how you send a message out to people :P

The message I'm sending out is that I'm lazy. You could have provided some sort of quality control on the list, so you're not entirely blameless. I already said why I didn't bother voting because it wouldn't have made a difference, as was evidenced by the fact that Fanku was ignored and the Sim got in anyway. I don't have a problem with any of the placings or anything like that, I just think it's absurd that there's a character who even you can't find something good to say about that placed so highly over someone like Wesker for example.

Obviously people are going to have different preferences, but shit like King Slender being there makes it a bit redundant, since I would have voted for things like Gears Of War or Hitman due to them being really good games, if only I'd realised that Marcus Fenix not being that particularly awesome wouldn't have mattered in the slightest.

Edited by Kaney

Kaney, I could have placed quality control on it, but I figured that, with this being the first attempt at this, I could gauge reactions to certain characters so that, if the general consensus was that it shouldn't appear on there, it'd be blocked from the next list.

Fact is, I'm running this thing, I'm not controlling it. You, the voters, are controlling it. I wasn't going to block any character that was, well, a character, from being allowed in (unless they were a real life character ala Triple H off the WWE games). I was, however, going to see what people thought of "pseudo-characters" getting voted on, since they were.

Since you're bitching about it, I take it you don't like it. Considering the fact that a few others are too, I'll be considering denying certain characters their go next time around. However, if majority determines that certain characters should be allowed/disallowed, I'm following that majority. I'm just here to talk about characters, put together a list compiled by all of you, and run this thing as often as I can for fun.