Top 100 Video Game Characters of All Time

It would seem so. I'm personally trying not to throw too big a tantrum over a video game poll but I'm finding it really, really, really hard.

Golly gosh, you're right. Instead of debating with Norris over the currently posted rankings in the list, I should be using my telepathic powers to count the votes that were sent to him and him alone, and then post the rest of the list myself. I know, I'll close the threads as well so that no one is allowed to say anything negative about it as well! Why is it that Norris is the only one who realises I'm not seriously bitching, and just debating? How many emoticons do you need?

There is no big deal, Hamster. I just thought we were generally smart enough to engage in a bit of lively debate without being cunts about it.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem so. I'm personally trying not to throw too big a tantrum over a video game poll but I'm finding it really, really, really hard.

Golly gosh, you're right. Instead of debating with Norris over the currently posted rankings in the list, I should be using my telepathic powers to count the votes that were sent to him and him alone, and then post the rest of the list myself. I know, I'll close the threads as well so that no one is allowed to say anything negative about it as well! Why is it that Norris is the only one who realises I'm not seriously bitching, and just debating? How many emoticons do you need?

There is no big deal, Hamster. I just thought we were generally smart enough to engage in a bit of lively debate without being cunts about it.

Of course we are :wub:

Edited by Quom

70 through 66 posted!

And what can I say? I honestly couldn't think of anything good to say about King Slender, so I just rambled >_>

For some reason I tend to hate drawn out character driven stories in video games. I especially hate it when you have to sit through what seems like 20 hours of FMV during a game (I'm looking at you MGS 2) in the name of character advancement. I personally prefer games where the actions of the characters are organic and the story and character development takes place in game or in between levels. I'm also not opposed to games where the characters lack in backstory because if I get involved enough I make one up for them in my head as I'm playing.

Booo for Chris Redfield being so low! The guy's brilliant I tells ya! Brilliant!

I can understand why Mifune is so low though. I'm guessing not many people have played Way Of The Samurai 2 but he's cool nonetheless.

So now most of my ten have already gone...I guess I chose unpopular characters.

Oh well. Snake and Guybrush'll both be top ten I'd imagine.

I'll be updating the list a few times today, to make up for the fact that it's been 3 days since the last one (my trip over to Texas for vacation kinda stunted any regularity of updates at that moment).

So yeah, be sure to check in later in the day, because I'll hopefully have a good few updates done by tonight.

EDIT: I am a lying bastard. Turns out there was a lot going on tonight that kept me from doing anything.

Tomorrow it is then, because yeah, it's now 5:30 in the morning and I am tired.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Sorry for the mass delays, internet was out for most of the day yesterday due to a big storm over here. When it does work, I'm usually dragged away to, you know, do something else during my vacation :P

But I've got time right now, let's see if I can finish a few updates in it.

Re: Tony Montana

Now this was the one nomination that I didn't care for. I honestly have to question the inclusion of characters from games based on movies, since it's not like the game itself likely added anything to the appeal of the character.

Yeah, I tried to be lenient this time around since it was the first list, and I really wanted to see what the public thought before I exercised any control over the list (since, well, the point of the list was to allow EWB-- not myself-- to decide). That's why when I leave my comments, I generally will announce my distaste towards a selection if I feel it shouldn't have qualified.