Disney Animated Films

Your favourites, mi amigos?

Seeing The Black Cauldron on Toon Disney reminded me of how much I like it. Excellent classic, hand-drawn animation and a fun plot. I love it, love it, love it. The Horned King is awesome.. as is, well, really, the entire cast.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Emperor's New Groove was the latest animated Disney movie I've seen and it was the first one I'd seen in a looong time AND it was also one of the best.

I must have seen Robin Hood and Peter Pan millions of times as a kid, though I probably haven't seen a glimpse of Robin Hood since I was like 6. But I do remember renting it a lot. My mom probably just should have bought it and saved the 5 bucks she spent each time at the video store.

I remember laughing my ass off at the part after the archery competition, when everything goes to shit, and there is this big train of nonsense going around the whole place. I don't remember any details of what actually is going on, but I do know I rewound that part quite a bit and laughed a lot.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Clearly Lion King is greater than all other Disney films. Mulan was exceptional as well.

I hate how a good majority of Disney sequels just suck though. For some reason Disney are good at creating new films (even if it is a recycled concept) but they fall flat on their faces when it comes to sequels. :ohwell:

Edited by The Laughing Man

Lion King, it had freaking Jeremy Irons as the baddie, any film with that is awesome by default.

Dungeons and Dragons says nay. :P

Anyway, in alphabetical order to avoid any consideration of ranking:

Aladdin, Basil The Great Mouse Detective, Robin Hood, The Emperor's New Groove, The Lion King

Those are my favourite five. I also enjoy Alice in Wonderland, even if it does rape the books on occasion.

I never really liked any of them. All were too family-friendly for my tastes, even when I was a kid.

Have you seen The Black Cauldron? :P

Beauty and the Beast wins hands down. Giant beast man fighting wolves, a man named Gaston and singing cutlery, that film had it all. It's awesome.

Not to mention the excellent soundtrack that comes with all Disney films. Jungle Book I'm looking at you.

I never really liked any of them. All were too family-friendly for my tastes, even when I was a kid.

Have you seen The Black Cauldron? :P

There's always one, isn't there? Like if someone were to say "I'm not too fond of Ghibli films. They're all the same kind of floaty, "small girl meets funny creatures" stories that come off as childish and plotless", it's time to shove Grave of the Fireflies under their nose. :shifty:

And I've found the Jungle Book songs to be really, really overrated. Not to mentioned overplayed to death over the years.