FIFA '08

June 5, 2007 - Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today revealed the tremendous depth of gameplay features in EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer 08 for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment system which will create a soccer experience that matches the complexity, finesse and beauty of the real-world game. FIFA Soccer 08 challenges players to master the skills required to play like a pro soccer player. Fans around the world can experience the same highs and lows of real-world players and tackle the challenges they face on a daily basis. FIFA Soccer 08 puts you on the pitch to defy the odds, perfect your skills, elevate your game and rise up to win glory for your club…

Link

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the 'Be a Pro' mode is from a behind-the-head third-person view (I dunno, like San Andreas or Bully (first examples that came to my head :P)) and not like the Pro Evo mode where you can choose to be only one person but the camera follows the ball around, that'd be ruddy awesome.

^ That sounds way too confusing for something so simple >_<

Libero Grande!

Bah you beat me to it!

Libero Grande was horribly flawed and yet magnificent.

I used to own it and will have to hunt it down again now. Scoring volleys from crosses were beyond brilliant. Also constantly ordering the defence to pass to you was genius.

I still have Libero Grande!! I might have to find my Playstation and play it. It's a school kids ultimate fantasy in game form. You control one player, and you're A MILLION times better than the rest of your team. You can tell them to pass to you, and they do...you can take on their entire team, it's brilliant.

Interesting note, the Playstation (1...I sold all my PS2 stuff) games I still own (Just checked my rack);

Libero Grande

Brunswick Pro Bowling (? - WHAT THE FUCK?)

Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis (BADASS!!!)

International Track & Field 2 (AWESOME!!!)

Sydney 2000 (Great, but not awesome)

Olympic Games (Fucking immense)

Metal Gear Solid (Makes sense)

Final Fantasy VII (Makes sense)

Moto Racer 2 (WHAT?)

I'm going to have to give these a play some time.

Edited by YI

Fifa 07' was the first soccer/football game I had played in a few years and I was blown away by the depth. 22 leagues with 510 teams was just insane, but that's what I look for in games. Plus the actual gameplay was fantastic, though I don't really have anything to compare it to. Definately looking forward to 08' and already put my money down to reserve a copy at Gamestop.

Those leagues pretty much have to be. FIFA 08 will be the first FIFA game thats next gen first, so it'll get built for the 360 and PS3 and then get ported down to Xbox and PS2, not the other way around.

Its also the first soccer game I'm ever anticipating as I just recently acquired FIFA 07 and love it.

Sydney 2000 was lush, but Athens was even better.

I just sold my Final Fantasy Anthology on PS1 to help fund my DS. I think it was worth about £13.

All I'm left with now are Metal Gear Solid (of course), Resident Evil 3 (amazing), Silent Hill, Parasite Eve II, Final Fantasy VII and Overboard (piratey goodness!).

I did have Soul Blade but leant it to someone and I can't remember who :(

I absolutely adored Resi 3. I remember going to my mate's house after school, who had it early, chipped, and playing it total nonstop. He used to shit himself when Nemesis would jump out as well. In fact...we still drag him along to 'horror' movies because he shits himself. In the remake of The Omen, he literally jumped out of his seat at one point, brushed himself off, turned around, saw people looking at him, and sat back down. I laughed so hard my insides hurt. Though, the best part of the entire film is where the bloke goes "His mother was a jackal", and I cracked up, as it's the bloke from FUCKING "BRASSED OFF"!!! I can't take that seriously. :shifty:

I'm surprised with the amount of people on this board who still play FIFA. I'm not lying when I say that i do not know a single person who is a regular gamer and prefers FIFA over the Pro Evo/Winning 11 series.

That's the thing, I agree with whoever said this before but Pro Evo is for gamers who also like football, FIFA is for football fans who also like games.

And what RW said about the next-gen versions is spot on. FIFA 07 on the 360 is fantastic, Pro Evo is awful.

I'm surprised with the amount of people on this board who still play FIFA. I'm not lying when I say that i do not know a single person who is a regular gamer and prefers FIFA over the Pro Evo/Winning 11 series.

That's the thing, I agree with whoever said this before but Pro Evo is for gamers who also like football, FIFA is for football fans who also like games.

And what RW said about the next-gen versions is spot on. FIFA 07 on the 360 is fantastic, Pro Evo is awful.

No, no and no.

I don't honestly see how there's even an argument here. Pro Evo is the more realistic of the two. It's not an opinion, it's something anyone who has ever played the game can see. So i don't see how saying, "FIFA is for football fans who also like games" makes any sense at all. Your 'level' of football fandom doesn't even come into it. Pro Evo is for those who want a game more akin to real football. FIFA is the game for those who like the licenses, the presentation and the more arcadey gaming experience. If anything, Pro Evo would be the game for, "football fans" as you put it, because it is the one which better represents actual football.

All Pro really needs to be the best is the Premiership Licence, maybe a more realistic Masterleague Structure (as in acuratly modelling the structure of the different leagues, The right number of teams for the Premiership for instance, and both cup competitions).

Then there will be really no need to buy Fifa!

If anything, Pro Evo would be the game for, "football fans" as you put it, because it is the one which better represents actual football.

Steeb made my point for me. Real football fans want real leagues, teams and players.

I suggest you play FIFA and Pro Evo on the 360. I don't see how anybody can say Pro Evo is so far ahead of FIFA once they do that. FIFA is currently clearly the better next-gen game.