European U21 Championships

IAceI

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All they've really done is be organised in defence, had a few shots and most attacks have come from set pieces. We've had plenty of opportunities to score, and should have taken one. It's going to be two points dropped here I'd imagine, but I think we can still qualify.

The yellow cards are worrying, I think the referee has been stupid in handing them out so often like he has, especially for some dubious decisions. A lot of England yellow cards come from apparent high foot/dangerous play, the likes of stuff we get booked for is perfectly legal in the domestic game.

If you can't put your foot up and challenge for a ball, then there's no point.

I loved Serbia beating Italy. Finally a goal again, for a second there I thought Maduro would have been the only goalscorer in the first league games.

Is this a good result for England? I don't think so. Italy will try their hardest to beat England to get points, but same can be said about England because they only got 1 point out of probably the easiest opponent. All because of Leroy Lita. The moment he stepped up to take the penalty I knew he would miss.

I still stick with my earlier comment that the under 21's are going to miss Bentley and Agbonlahor, and that the only reason pearce is bitching that bents should never play for england again is because he knows he now has no chance of getting the job full time because is squad aint going to win out when they dont know how to attack, the game the other night just seemed like a typical man city match from last year with better players on show

So we do know how to attack then, which is what you said they couldn't do. To be honest, we were one or two touches away from scoring a few goals.

Do you honestly think Agbonlahor and Bentley would make that much difference? It's not even Pearce's fault they're not there.

To be honest, I do think that. Bentley is usually the driving force in the under 21s, and he would have added so much to them

And it may not have been Pearces fault they didnt join up, but he couldnt have helped things within the squad by wanting bentley banned from playing for england ever again especially when he moans that country comes before the club, yet at the start of the season he said he wouldnt allow micah richards to play for england because you have to look after club before country. He is just in it for himself, the hypocrite.

As you can gather, im pretty sick of the england set up at the moment, for both under 21 and senior level. We have 2 numptys in charge who dont know how to get the best out of the players they have.

If Bentley was on the field. Richardson would still have missed from point blank range, Lita would still have missed the penalty, Nugent would still have missed his chances. I doubt Bentley would have made much difference.

And what was Richards not allowed to play in? I can't remember.

So they were friendly matches more than likely? Or group matches against Joe Nobody more than likely. In contrast this is the European Championships U21, there's a lot more on the line here. Especially since he played in the build up to it, just to turn round and say "I'm tired, I don't want to play now."