Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread 07/08

Adam

Tell you what i haven't missed since we've been in the Championship, that bloody LDV Vans trophy. Boy did i hate that.

Luton have signed two youngsters, things are looking up for us. Maybe Blackwell is going to even out his ages, as i've heard he's sniffing Furlong and Peschisolido.

Who are your clubs targets?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Futcher (who's expected to sign later this week -- 6'7" centre back), Chris Day (think he used to play for Sheffield Wednesday), John Murphy (winger/striker, did well for Macclesfield last season) and probably many ex or current Lincoln players due to the Keith Alexander connection.

Edited by Spee

Tell you what i haven't missed since we've been in the Championship, that bloody LDV Vans trophy. Boy did i hate that.

Luton have signed two youngsters, things are looking up for us. Maybe Blackwell is going to even out his ages, as i've heard he's sniffing Furlong and Peschisolido.

We're apparently after another centre back, but the manager has decided Hungary & Poland are good places to look :thumbsdown:

And i happen to really like 'that bloody LDV Vans Trophy' :P

And im sure BSIG can relate :P:P:P

We're apparently after another centre back, but the manager has decided Hungary & Poland are good places to look :thumbsdown:

And i happen to really like 'that bloody LDV Vans Trophy' :P

And im sure BSIG can relate :P:P:P

We're supposed to be getting Leon Constantine and Tomasz Radzinski (it's going to be a long season if I have to spell his name on here regularly), and 4 others. If those two arrive it will practically seal the deal to send Healy away from Elland Road - which was inevitable. And Nicholls is PNE-nound, shame to be honest, because he was a good player, he's just a general wanker. Anyway, I expect a rush of Leeds comings and going from Tuesday, seeing as we'll be finally be given the green light.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Madman O'Driscoll really wants to beef us up a bit this summer. James Hayter has come in, Richie Wellings has joined from Oldham, Martin Woods from Rotherham, we got Sullivan & Hird full-time on frees after they left Leeds, and weve just brought in a big Scottish defender named Gordon Greer, who i only know from playing old Champ Manager games as Blackburn.

We've got another defender for cover on trial, some Portugese guy who's looking to impress in a friendly this weekend.

Overall, i think we're looking quite strong this season, and for the second time in as many years we're third favourites. Now all we have to do is live up to the expectation, especially as the chairman is a very ambitious man.

Well we've now made 12 signings at Leicester over the summer, I wonder if that's the most in the Football League so far? I would imagine so, anyways here they are and my impressions after pre-season games.

1. Bruno N'Gotty - looks like an absolute rock, just what we need alongside Paddy Kisnorbo.

2. Jimmy Nielsen - no good reports so far, apparently his goalkeeping is pretty scary (thus terrible)

3. Carl Cort - meh, looks unfit, slow/lumbering and doesn't look to sharp at all.

4. Ricky Sappleton - built like an Ox, bit of a new Heskey, lovely.

5. Sergio Hellings - ex Ajax youngster, looks to have great control of the ball.

6. Radion Kishishev - been a rock in CM so far, surprisingly in my books.

7. James Chambers - young and he's been playing with passion so far, good stuff.

8. Shawn Newton - did alright on loan last year, just needs to make sure he keeps his performances up.

9. Hossien Kaebi - looks quality, pacey and in the last World Cup marked Figo out of the Portugal/Iran game.

10. Jonathan Hayes - good looking youngster, pacey and could be a first team regular if given a chance.

11. Stephen Clemence - just what we needed, a good left midfielder. Great signing

12. DJ Campbell - haven't seen much of him but apparently he is looking pretty sharp, even though im not a fan so far.

Luton have sold Adam Boyd to Leyton Orient for probably no more than a box of tracksuits. We need to make room for the 'Norwegian Peter Crouch'. So obviously we had to get rid of someone. Shame about Boyds spell here, i was quite excited, but he never proved his worth. Hope he does ok for Orient.