Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread 07/08

Adam

Saw Derrys been linked with Sheffield United for 300k, which is a fair price I'd willingly cash in. I think Wise don't like him either due to the mole stuff we had against Palace. I seriously think we will be in a battle this season but can't see why we shouldn't be top six though come the end. Other than Forest, then possibly Luton, Southend, Huddlesfield, Swansea and Doncaster there's not too many teams I can see being up there, so I think we'll be among the top six at the end.

Wasn't that Sullivan? Derry has said he doesn't want to leave the club and wants to retire here, but I suppose we've heard that before. Wise likes Derry anyway, he made him captain when Nicholls was out and if Derry's here next year I'm almost certain he'll be captain or vice captain behind Douggy. Thing is though, he's still injured and could be out until October time.

Huddersfield won't come anywhere near the top 6, but there are quite a few decent teams in this league, it's not an easy one to get out of.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definately agree with that, and teams like Oldham and Forest have proved that in other years. I do genuinely think that the size of Elland Road will be a vital fact and the size of gates we get in every week. If we get 30K every week it will make us very intimidating at home, and players at teams like Cheltenham, Yeovil, Port Vale and Bournemouth won't have experienced things like that before which could give us an advantage.

Derry will be an interesting one, and whilst I do think he has been a great player I do think that anything 300k plus would be a good price. Always thought it was Derry due to his friendship with Butterfield (think Derry was best man at his wedding or something). I did forget that he was going to be captain before his injury though.

Some interesting early fixtures for us, with Forest, Southend and Luton all in our first 4 games which should all prove to be difficult. If we can get 8 points in the first four, especially after playing them, I think we'll be in a very nice position to push forward. The Luton game at home will be interesting with Blackwell and presumably Nicholls coming to Leeds. Reckon Swindon away for what Wise gets would be a laugh as well. Oldham are the ones I'm waiting for though because of Lee Hughes.

On a side note has anything been mentioned about the memberships this season. I renewed mine over a month ago and still heard nothing back. Hoping it gets back soon so I can start applying for Tranmere tickets

Not that I know of, I know there's been so many season ticket applicants they've stopped people from viewing seats for a few weeks so they can get everyone who's already applied sorted, I hope I fall into the earlier category of applicants, I don't want to have to wait to pick my seat. <_>

Saw Derrys been linked with Sheffield United for 300k, which is a fair price I'd willingly cash in. I think Wise don't like him either due to the mole stuff we had against Palace. I seriously think we will be in a battle this season but can't see why we shouldn't be top six though come the end. Other than Forest, then possibly Luton, Southend, Huddlesfield, Swansea and Doncaster there's not too many teams I can see being up there, so I think we'll be among the top six at the end.

Sheffield United fan here.

Are we on about Shaun Derry? If so, nice! He was a pretty good utility player when we had him last time around, even decent between the sticks.

Ah, I get it now... we sell our 'outfield back-up keeper' Jagz for £4m to Everton, sign Derry as his 'goalie' replacement for 300k and have £3.7m to strengthen the rest of the side. I quite like it.

If it happens.

I don't really follow Leagues One and Two, but Orient will stay up >_>

And that is why I love you.

And Corino, we will struggle this season, but I think we can stay up. Even tho most of our squad has left we are bringing in quality players. And if Shorey moves to West Ham for a nice fee we get a percentage of that which will help.

I support Colchester and it's going to be a tough season for us this year as Iwelumo has left and it looks like Cureton is on his way as well. However there are a few teams around our quality and if we can beat them then I reckon we can just about stay up and get to use our new stadium next season in the Championship.

Premiership

Winners: Chelsea

Runner-Up: Arsenal

Champions League: Liverpool & Man U

UEFA Cup: Newcastle

Relegated: Derby, Sunderland & Wigan

Championship

Winners: Wolves

Promoted: West Brom

Play-Offs: Charlton

Relegated: Barnsley, Scunthorpe & Blackpool

League One

Winners: Leeds

Promoted: Oldham

Play-Offs: Luton ()

Relegated: L Orient, Hartlepool, Chesterfield & Northampton

League Two

Winners: Bradford

Promoted: MK Dongs & Wycombe

Play-Offs: Macclesfield

Relegated: Dagenham & Morecambe

In terms of Luton in the next season, i think we have a good, young squad with a manager who isn't araid to mix it up. He also won't go around making every agent and every club hate us. First game of the season will be good as Danny Wilson comes home, and hopefully we give his side a good old fasioned beating.

As long as they hold onto the majority of their squad (obviously a couple are going to go, see: Koumas, Kamara, Gera possibly) West Brom should go up this time, be it champs, second place, or play-off winners. I'd like to see the Baggies and Wolves come up, their derby in the Premiership will be great, as well as their rivalries with Villa, Birmingham and Derby (if they stay up).

We dont play Leeds until January, weve gotta be the last team in the league to face them! :thumbsdown:

And it looks like weve wrapped up the signings of Neil Sullivan and Sam Hird on free transfers. I hope Hird can improve, he wasnt given much of a chance when on loan from Leeds last year at all.

Sullivan is a very good signing as well, hopefully he can concede as little an amount of goals as possible, i think we have the squad to push for promotion, but we NEVER make it easy for ourselves! We were third favourites last season (behind Forest & Birstol City) and we ended up nowhere near 3rd, hopefully this year things will be different!

And currently we have no League Two fans in here! And, so far, after updating the fans section in the first post, only Leeds & the Gas have multiple fans :o

Edited by 1PWCorino

Premiership

Winners: Chelsea

Runner-Up: Arsenal

Champions League: Liverpool & Man U

UEFA Cup: Newcastle

Relegated: Derby, Sunderland & Wigan

Championship

Winners: Wolves

Promoted: West Brom

Play-Offs: Charlton

Relegated: Barnsley, Scunthorpe & Blackpool

League One

Winners: Leeds

Promoted: Oldham

Play-Offs: Luton ()

Relegated: L Orient, Hartlepool, Chesterfield & Northampton

League Two

Winners: Bradford

Promoted: MK Dongs & Wycombe

Play-Offs: Macclesfield

Relegated: Dagenham & Morecambe

In terms of Luton in the next season, i think we have a good, young squad with a manager who isn't araid to mix it up. He also won't go around making every agent and every club hate us. First game of the season will be good as Danny Wilson comes home, and hopefully we give his side a good old fasioned beating.

You'll be in for a nice surprise. :)

I told ya Blackwell is nothing, what he did last season (or 2 seasons ago, depending how you look at it) was on luck, you could tell that from our performances. Teams just couldn't acor and we got a set of scrappy goals, that and we had players like Liam Miller and Rob Hulse. Any manager in the football league would've achieved a top 6 position for us that year - a good one could've got us promoted.

I was hoping Huddersfield would get him, I was gutted when you told me that you'd picked him up :P Still, he might be able to cut it at League One level. Might.

Southampton Fan here. i really think we are going to struggle if we don't bring in some players soon. Loosing out to Derby in the Semi-Final was tough last season but with loosing Bale to Spurs, we haven't got another decent left back at the moment. Skacel played quite well there the last couple of matches of last season and hopefully can do the job until we bring in someone else.

Saganowski no one knows whether he has signed or not. the Toyes website said we have, BBC said we have, the saints site says no word on it yet and Saga said he hasn't signed anything yet. How confusing is that?

Add to the facts that we are loosing Best and Crainie for Free is a big blow as well.

Going to be a tough season.

I'd prefer to see Yeovil and Swindon to go down myself, but I'll be honest - I would like to see Hartlepool added to the list just because they made me pay too much for Adam Boyd in an FM game <_<

I'm reckoning:

Premiership

Winners: Liverpool

Runner-Up: Manchester United

Champions League: Chelsea & Blackburn Rovers

UEFA Cup: Aston Villa, Tottenham Hotspur, Blackburn Rovers

Relegated: Wigan Athletic, Derby County, Fulham

Championship

Winners: Preston North End

Promoted: Cardiff city

Play-Offs: Charlton Athletic, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Watford, West Bromwich Albion

Relegated: Bristol City, Scunthorpe United, Burnley

League One

Winners: Nottingham Forest

Promoted: Southend United

Play-Offs: Luton Town, Tranmere Rovers, Swansea, Doncaster Rovers

Relegated: Cheltenham Town, Carlisle, Bournemouth, Northampton Town

That was really hard not picking Bristol Rovers :shifty:

League Two

Winners: Milton Keynes Dons

Promoted: Lincon City & Wycombe Wanderers

Play-Offs: Notts County, Bradford City, Peterborough, Shrewsbury

Relegated: Dagenham & Redbridge, Stockport County

I would LOVE to see Stockport go out the league, just to shut that twat Gannon up :D