Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread 07/08

Adam

Question: Does Matt Jansen still train with Carlisle? Or has he fallen off the face of the planet? Im hoping for the former because the guy is a Rovers legend and probably would have been playing in the Premier league right now had it not been for Mr Grip telling Sven to pick Keown over him in the 2002 world cup squad.

Edited by cmb211087

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our pre-season has been pretty fucking shocking.

We got trounced 7-3 by Plymouth earlier this week (5-1 at half time, 2-2 in the second half against their reserves). BECAUSE WE STILL DON'T HAVE A FUCKING DEFENCE :@

Even Steve Elliot admits we don't have a defence. And he's our best defender.

Ive just noticed that we dont face Leeds or Bristol Rovers at all until 2008. Lame.

Is anyone making the first round of the Carling Cup? I was gonna go, but i cant see the point tbh. Ive seen us face Lincoln a thousand times already.

Question: Does Matt Jansen still train with Carlisle? Or has he fallen off the face of the planet? Im hoping for the former because the guy is a Rovers legend and probably would have been playing in the Premier league right now had it not been for Mr Grip telling Sven to pick Keown over him in the 2002 world cup squad.

He was only training with us because we're his hometown and favourite club, he's at Swindon now. Carlisle don't need him now, he's way passed it ever since he fell of his tricycle in Rome or whatever.

I don't think he'd exactly be a giant star had he not though, more like your fringe strikers for England - Kevin Phillips in comparison. Someone who probably deserved more call ups than they got, but after a while just couldn't manage it anymore. However I don't think he was ever going to be anything special like a lot of people seemed to think, if he never had his accident I reckon he'd be playing in the Championship now, for a midtable team.

Edited by new_era

That's going back a bit now, you think he'd still be able to play like that now? He's what, coming up 30? Pretty much every team in the Premiership is experiencing unlimited funds now and can sign cheap players from abroad. I don't think now, Jansen would still be banging in the goals for a Premiership side now.

Either way, no one can tell. I don't think he would, you and all Blackburn fans probably think he would be. He was a good player, years ago, all I'm saying is now I think he'd be playing at a midtable Championship side or so. No amount of stats and figures are going to change that I think that.

Edited by IAceI

Any Millwall fans here? If so, id love to know why half of the away fans decided it'd be fun to take a run at our main stand and start lobbing things mid-way through the second half. Utterly ridiculous, and our stewards/riot police werent exactly running a marathon to stop it either.

Meanwhile, on the pitch, a pretty frustrating afternoon. I must commend both teams keepers, Neil Sullivan and Chris Day, for keeping their sides in the game. Both teams had plenty of chance to score, but i think we were better in the second half, despite wasting far too many chances.

Good start for us (Leeds) today, winning 2-1 at Tranmere. Now we just need 12 more points before we start getting into the positives!

13 to be in the positive actually :P

A huge cheer went up at half time when they announced the score as 'Tranmere 1-0 Leeds'