Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread 07/08

Adam

You don't want to go to Watford mate, it's a horrible little place.

We've just sold another player who came up through the youth ranks, it's like Blackwell doesn't really care about the tradition of good football and a great youth system. It's worrying.

Well, you worked it out quicker than Leeds fans... then again that's expected, seeing as we didn't ever stop to wonder where the 100m we spent on players came from. <_>

Oh and fuck every single one of you except Jam and Ellis, because your clubs voted to keep our 15pt deduction, which we (well, Ken Bates) deserved - but that's beyond the point!

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get Tommy Miller on your shirt, do you become invisible? :shifty:

Your not honestly telling me you think he went missing on Saturday? He earnt the ovation he got. In previous seasons, yes he did drop in and out of games, but this time around he has a manager who won't stand for any shit (see Amsterdam).

Early days and all that, but i think we are seeing a different Tommy this time.

Tommy Miller is awesome.

If you get Tommy Miller on your shirt, do you become invisible? :shifty:

Your not honestly telling me you think he went missing on Saturday? He earnt the ovation he got. In previous seasons, yes he did drop in and out of games, but this time around he has a manager who won't stand for any shit (see Amsterdam).

Early days and all that, but i think we are seeing a different Tommy this time.

Well, I went to Bristol Rovers vs Crystal Palace and it was a good game. 1-1 was pretty fair, although both teams could have easily won it had they pushed harder. Rovers get tired quite easily. Free Kicks STILL are not our strong point, but Disley scored a good goal and everyone played alright. Pipe especially. Ran his ass off today. Carruthers was woeful though. Couldn't pass for fucking anything today and never made a tackle. Whatsoever. His position? Defence.

Oh well. Did well against Championship opposition and still came out winners. A nice little cup run wouldn't be too bad for the books.

Hmm anyone know anything about Cardiff? I'm going to uni there this year so I thought I'd adopt them as a team whilst there and try and get to a few games. Although I'm sure there stadium has nothing on my beloved Layer Road! Which is simply the best stadium ever!

The stadium is only slightly better than Layer Road. SLIGHTLY.

But yeah, they're not a bad team to follow. Get a bus over and come watch Bristol Rovers. Much better team :shifty:

We have West Ham in the League Cup now. I am SOOO going to that.

Well that is good then, I will feel right at home!

It always seems very weird going into a top class stadium such as Old Trafford or Wembley after being brought up on the U's and spending time at Layer Road. There is something about modern stadiums that just doesn't compare to the likes of Layer Road.

Edited by Sam