Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread 07/08

Adam

Fuck yes...4-1 Leeds. Awesome, Awesome Game. Flo made such a different in the last few minutes, he's a real confidence booster.

In the real league table, I reckon we're at the top.

You are my Kandol, my Tresor Kandol, you came from Barnet on transfer day, we never noticed, how much we loved you, until you scored at Tranmere away.

I'm pumped, best Leeds game since... 6-1 against Charlton.

And Bates has to appeal to everyone until we get more points deducted, and then he'll start at the beginning all over again.

Nine more points to go, nine more points to zero. :pinch:

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean the one that goes on results, not league deductions.

Who else does Bates have to appeal to by the way?

The crown courts, the european courts of human rights, UEFA, FIFA...we've got a fair way to go yet. :shifty:

We were loud at times, but we went quiet for long periods - mainly because fuck all happened for an hour after Thommo's goal, barring when Southend hit the post. At least where I was as well.

What's that going over the wall is it a Thompson? Is it a Thompsoooon?

Well I must say I was very disappointed with the sending off with Gerken! How on earth that was a red card is beyond me. Sure he blocked him but it was worth a penalty and a yellow but a red card is stupid as he just kind of bumped into the Barnsley fella.

Good to see Teddy off the mark though but it is disappointing to concede two penalties and thus chuck away the points.

At least your club has the new shirts in stock <_>

At least your club has had the new shirts available to fans. :thumbsdown:

6 more points to go, didn't go today, tickets sold out before I had chance to buy one, we didn't sound like we deserved to win, it was only Forest's lack of ability to score. We dominated the first half but only made the one real chance, by the sounds of it, then they dominated for half an hour and made loads of chances they didn't convert, then both teams made a couple of chances and good ol'e Jermaine Beckford stuck one of ours in.

I'm so happy Watford got dicked so i wish to embrace TAFKA in a hug to celebrate. ({)

The Dads Army put on a good performance yesterday beating a Gillingham side who look destined for the drop already, they were poor. Furlong finally showed glimpses of why we brought him in, whilst Drew Talbot is proving to be a good buy. With David Bell and David Edwards in midfield, along with Matt Spring and Darren Currie, i beleive we have one of, if not the best midfield in the league. A fantastic mix of youth and experience. I'm happy.

Woop. 3-0 at Deepdale. Looks like we could well avoid the drop the way we've started this season. Maybe we could even find ourselves in the position we did last season where we're almost pushing for playoff places!! Up the U's!

D'URSO YOUR A C*NT! D'URSO D'URSO YOUR A C*NT! LMAO. I love the North Stand.

Great performance and a clean sheet, deserved it. Apart from the freekick in the first half, Palace never looked like scoring, especially not from open play and the freekick was even comfortable for Alexander, but it needed the safe.

Jason De Vos, Tommy Miller, Owen Garvan, Jonathan Walters and Pablo Counago were all awesome, any i feel warranted man of the match, who did Sky give it to, does anybody know?

Counago looks so much more that a goalscorer, his flicks and touches are always good and he's been a handful whoever he plays against, Cort was frustrated at times and did a lot of moaning at his back 4, but in the first four games only scoring one, he was probz my pick for MOTM with Walters just behind him. He deserved his goal, he's a striker but been playin wide right in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation and he's been arguably our best player in the opening fixtures, i wasn't sure of him starting out wide but he maybe a key player for us this year.

Gary Roberts was the only poor player in an Ipswich shirt.

How was the keeper not sent off? It appeared he used both of his hands to block the ball outside his box, stopped an obvious goalscoring chance, straight red and i was in the exact opposite corner of the ground and i saw it. He was their best player on the park, looked a solid keeper even though he shouldn't have been on the pitch.

A well worked win, SUPER JIM MAGILTON!

I'd take 3 points from the next two games happily, even two. Watford and West Brom away, those two games could show us what Town are gonna do this year.

Edited by new_era