Led Zeppelin to Reunite

gunnar hendershow

The one reunion that we all knew could still happen is.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...amp;p=zz347zz98

Led Zeppelin set to reunite for gig

26/06/2007 - 13:02:56 Rock legends Led Zeppelin will reportedly reunite for a one-off memorial concert in honour of their late record boss before embarking on a world tour. Pictured: Lead singer Robert Plant.

Rock legends Led Zeppelin will reportedly reunite for a one-off memorial concert in honour of their late record boss before embarking on a world tour.

The 'Whole Lotta Love' rockers have only performed a handful of concerts, including Live Aid in 1985, since their split in 1980 following the death of drummer John Bonham.

But singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones will re-group alongside Bonham's son Jason for a special concert in memory of Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun in London.

A source said: "Page, Plant and Jones spoke and agreed to do the memorial concert. They are waiting for a definite date.

"And no-one can quite believe it, but during discussions about the concert they all gave the green light to a tour if it all does well and they don't all fall out.

"It has been hoped-for and denied for years. But this is the closest they have ever come to a reunion tour. The feeling is that this is going to happen next year."

Ertegun died in December after seven weeks in a coma following a fall at a Rolling Stones concert.

I think dollar signs will be so vibrant that they'll have to do the reunion tour.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I'm not saying they should travel back in time and bring him to the present, just that it's not a real 'Led Zeppelin reunion' if 1/4 of the band isn't there, for ANY reason. Same reason Live Aid wasn't a real reunion.

So 1/4 completely disregards the other 3? I get where you're coming from, but to say it's not a reunion because it's going to be 3 of the original members and the fourth being replaced by his son, is a tad ridiculous. And bands have reunited with less than 3/4.

That being said, I'm more than looking forward to it. And if they do go on tour and come to Chicago or anywhere close, I'm definitely going to try to go to it.

Edited by Marv the Cook

Any chance coming to Toronto...please :crying:

I'm not saying they should travel back in time and bring him to the present, just that it's not a real 'Led Zeppelin reunion' if 1/4 of the band isn't there, for ANY reason. Same reason Live Aid wasn't a real reunion.

Well I think it's good they got his son and not some fucking Buckethead.

Well it would be if his son wasn't good at drumming. But fortunately he is a skilled drummer, and while he might not have the jamming ability of his father (I don't know, I've never heard Jason's improvisations), he plays his father's drum parts nearly perfectly.

Well I think it's good they got his son and not some fucking Buckethead.

Surely there's no reason to call him a dipshit?

Afterall, he's like the biggest Buckethead fan on the board, so he was just coming to his aid or something. <_<

And there wasn't a need to capitalize it then if you weren't referring to the person.

It isn't Zepplin, it's the same shit with Queen nowadays with Paul Rodgeres, it ISN'T Queen without Freddie Mercury. It'd be like the Beatles reforming without Lennon, it just couldn't have happened.

Oh, and Buckethead kicks ass. Cuckoo Clocks From Hell is one of my favourite albums ever :P

He didn't say Bonham's legacy means nothing. If you think of Queen, Freddie Mercury is the first name you'll think of, which isn't the case for Zeppelin and Bonham.

Oh, and it's Page, not Paige.

Edited by BAHGAWD-AL