2007 NBA Draft

ACCBiggz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell must be frezzing over the Knicks were able to trade Francis ugly contract and actually get a good player if he doesnt have off court issues in Randolph.

Pretty sure the trade was:

Knicks get Randolph, Dickau, other player

Blazers get Francis and Frye

Edited by Green Demon

Yeah when I first heard about the NY/Portland trade, I thought it was pretty dumb until I realized Steve Francis must have an expiring contract soon. So not only does Portland have a great young nucleus, they may potentially have some cap room in the future to sign a stud through Free Agency. However they decide to handle the decision, I just really believe that the Trailblazers are going to become the prototype NBA Franchise for the next decade or so. I know it's early but they have really prepared themselves to be a force for years to come.

And the Bobcats get Jason Richardson

Foolish Warriors, thats a great grab for the Bobcats, J-Rich keeps improving and is exactly what the Bobcats needed aside from another inside presence.

Yeah, I think that they finally have a go-to guy instead of having a bunch of guys who can take the shot, but won't necessarily do it. I wonder what it says about the future of Wallace though. But on the Warriors side, Wright's not a bad player by any means and as good as J-Rich is, getting Wright isn't bad either. A good trade for both teams, actually, IMO.

Okay, so Davis goes to Boston, not Seattle.

Edited by Marv the Cook

Portland getting Taurean Green is a steal I think. Demetris Nichols isn't too bad himself. I think he might've been underlooked because Syracuse didn't make the NCAA Tournament. He's developed extremely well over the past few years and if he continues he can be a solid player.

Honestly, if Portland can develop these guys right we may have one of the biggest contenders in the NBA.

EDIT: Oh yeah, interesting to see how Marc Gasol develops. He went to the Lakers, so he doesn't have to be that good to start. <_<

Edited by Mr. Evil Benoit

I love this trade for the Celtics. Jeff Green is a pretty good player, but honestly, he wasn't really neccesary. The Celtics still have Paul Pierce and now Ray Allen, and Ray Allen as of right now is better than Jeff Green (and I'm pretty sure that he won't be as good when he reaches his full potential either). Plus, we already have our future SG in Gerald Green. This trade also makes a playoff contender. Pierce/Allen/Jefferson is a deadly three man combo.

I also really like the picks of Big Baby Davis and Pruitt. Pruitt provides some much needed PG depth (West was traded, and Rondo will start). Rondo/Pruitt is a pretty good young duo at PG. Rondo will be the better of the 2 though. Davis is an interesting pick. He has quite a bit of potential, but some say his weight is a concern. I think it's worth the pick though, and hopefully he can fill in well at center (Perkins is as one dimensional as they come).

As for other winners/losers:

Winners:

1. Portland- Far and away the winners of the draft. Oden, Fernandez, Frye, McRoberts, Green, Nichols, and Koppenen. Add that to an already good young team including Roy, Jack, and Aldridge. I mean...are you kidding me? This team is just going to be flat out ridiculous in 2-3 years. Hell, they might be a playoff team next year.

2. Charlotte- I really liked their decision to trade Wright for Richardson. Richardson is the veteran 2 guard that this team needs. Wright is a good player, but I think they're set with Okafor, May, and Brezec. Dudley should be a quality role player in his career, and Davidson provides some depth at forward.

3. Seattle- Losing Ray Allen hurts, but they more than made up for it. Durant and Green are going to be a dangerous duo in years to come. I like the addition of Delonte because he will most likely be the PG (I see Ridnour being traded). Sczerbiak should be either a good guy off the bench, or a decent starting SG (unfortunately, his contract sucks).

Losers:

1. Milwaukee- It sucks when your number one draft pick has no interest in playing for you at all. Yi is most likely never going to play for the Bucks, and this is a wasted pick, depending on what they can get for him. If they can get someone like Biedrins or Ellis from Golden State, then it wasn't a wasted pick and they shouldn't be considered losers.

2. Philadelphia- I didn't think it was possible to be a loser when you have 3 1st round picks, but the Sixers proved me wrong. The first problem I have is that they took Thad Young over guys that could help them more, such as Stuckley, Wright, or Young. Then, they actually fulfilled a need at SG with Cook...but traded him to Miami. They did end up trading for Derrick Byars, but like I said, they could have had Stuckley or Young, who are better players.

3. Phoenix- I don't think that Alando Tucker fits, or was he a need. Also, them selling their pick to Portland was pretty hilarious. However, they might get Frye instead of just 3 million, which will be really good.

Since I don't follow much of College Basketball, I can't really say I know much about the Pistons draftee's. However, from what I've read, I think I like the picks albeit the fact that we didn't get any big men. I like the descriptions of what Stuckey can bring to the table, and I think Afflalo will fit in with his defense and solid midrange game. They say Afflalo isn't a good athlete, but I'm looking more for him to square up and drain open jumpers for us. Plus, it mentions that he can get to the rim and is in excellent condition, sounds like a poor mans Rip Hamilton to me.

I love this trade for the Celtics. Jeff Green is a pretty good player, but honestly, he wasn't really neccesary. The Celtics still have Paul Pierce and now Ray Allen, and Ray Allen as of right now is better than Jeff Green (and I'm pretty sure that he won't be as good when he reaches his full potential either). Plus, we already have our future SG in Gerald Green. This trade also makes a playoff contender. Pierce/Allen/Jefferson is a deadly three man combo.

I also really like the picks of Big Baby Davis and Pruitt. Pruitt provides some much needed PG depth (West was traded, and Rondo will start). Rondo/Pruitt is a pretty good young duo at PG. Rondo will be the better of the 2 though. Davis is an interesting pick. He has quite a bit of potential, but some say his weight is a concern. I think it's worth the pick though, and hopefully he can fill in well at center (Perkins is as one dimensional as they come).

As for other winners/losers:

Winners:

1. Portland- Far and away the winners of the draft. Oden, Fernandez, Frye, McRoberts, Green, Nichols, and Koppenen. Add that to an already good young team including Roy, Jack, and Aldridge. I mean...are you kidding me? This team is just going to be flat out ridiculous in 2-3 years. Hell, they might be a playoff team next year.

2. Charlotte- I really liked their decision to trade Wright for Richardson. Richardson is the veteran 2 guard that this team needs. Wright is a good player, but I think they're set with Okafor, May, and Brezec. Dudley should be a quality role player in his career, and Davidson provides some depth at forward.

3. Seattle- Losing Ray Allen hurts, but they more than made up for it. Durant and Green are going to be a dangerous duo in years to come. I like the addition of Delonte because he will most likely be the PG (I see Ridnour being traded). Sczerbiak should be either a good guy off the bench, or a decent starting SG (unfortunately, his contract sucks).

Losers:

1. Milwaukee- It sucks when your number one draft pick has no interest in playing for you at all. Yi is most likely never going to play for the Bucks, and this is a wasted pick, depending on what they can get for him. If they can get someone like Biedrins or Ellis from Golden State, then it wasn't a wasted pick and they shouldn't be considered losers.

2. Philadelphia- I didn't think it was possible to be a loser when you have 3 1st round picks, but the Sixers proved me wrong. The first problem I have is that they took Thad Young over guys that could help them more, such as Stuckley, Wright, or Young. Then, they actually fulfilled a need at SG with Cook...but traded him to Miami. They did end up trading for Derrick Byars, but like I said, they could have had Stuckley or Young, who are better players.

3. Phoenix- I don't think that Alando Tucker fits, or was he a need. Also, them selling their pick to Portland was pretty hilarious. However, they might get Frye instead of just 3 million, which will be really good.

Since I don't follow much of College Basketball, I can't really say I know much about the Pistons draftee's. However, from what I've read, I think I like the picks albeit the fact that we didn't get any big men. I like the descriptions of what Stuckey can bring to the table, and I think Afflalo will fit in with his defense and solid midrange game. They say Afflalo isn't a good athlete, but I'm looking more for him to square up and drain open jumpers for us. Plus, it mentions that he can get to the rim and is in excellent condition, sounds like a poor mans Rip Hamilton to me.