2007 NBA Draft

ACCBiggz

Positives: Big-time scorer with a beautiful jump shot. Is a dead-eye mid-range shooter. Has added a 3-point shot to his arsenal. Has a good feel for the game and isn't afraid to take the last shot. Has the ability to put the ball on the floor and get to the rim. Good defender as long as he isn't asked to be physical. Excellent conditioning.

Somebody is lying.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um Puke where did you find that scouting report? Whoever did that is a clown, it sounds more like a scouting report for Acie Law then it does Affalo.

Or maybe that was Rodney Stuckey's scouting report, because he was the 3rd leading scorer in all of College Basketball last season(26.1 ppg).

He does have one. It's not elite, but it's a good jumper. But the fact that he fits the Pistons perfectly is the biggest reason they added him. He's a good defender, who's a big guard, two things the Pistons look for in players.

I love this trade for the Celtics. Jeff Green is a pretty good player, but honestly, he wasn't really neccesary. The Celtics still have Paul Pierce and now Ray Allen, and Ray Allen as of right now is better than Jeff Green (and I'm pretty sure that he won't be as good when he reaches his full potential either). Plus, we already have our future SG in Gerald Green. This trade also makes a playoff contender. Pierce/Allen/Jefferson is a deadly three man combo.

I also really like the picks of Big Baby Davis and Pruitt. Pruitt provides some much needed PG depth (West was traded, and Rondo will start). Rondo/Pruitt is a pretty good young duo at PG. Rondo will be the better of the 2 though. Davis is an interesting pick. He has quite a bit of potential, but some say his weight is a concern. I think it's worth the pick though, and hopefully he can fill in well at center (Perkins is as one dimensional as they come).

As for other winners/losers:

Winners:

1. Portland- Far and away the winners of the draft. Oden, Fernandez, Frye, McRoberts, Green, Nichols, and Koppenen. Add that to an already good young team including Roy, Jack, and Aldridge. I mean...are you kidding me? This team is just going to be flat out ridiculous in 2-3 years. Hell, they might be a playoff team next year.

2. Charlotte- I really liked their decision to trade Wright for Richardson. Richardson is the veteran 2 guard that this team needs. Wright is a good player, but I think they're set with Okafor, May, and Brezec. Dudley should be a quality role player in his career, and Davidson provides some depth at forward.

3. Seattle- Losing Ray Allen hurts, but they more than made up for it. Durant and Green are going to be a dangerous duo in years to come. I like the addition of Delonte because he will most likely be the PG (I see Ridnour being traded). Sczerbiak should be either a good guy off the bench, or a decent starting SG (unfortunately, his contract sucks).

Losers:

1. Milwaukee- It sucks when your number one draft pick has no interest in playing for you at all. Yi is most likely never going to play for the Bucks, and this is a wasted pick, depending on what they can get for him. If they can get someone like Biedrins or Ellis from Golden State, then it wasn't a wasted pick and they shouldn't be considered losers.

2. Philadelphia- I didn't think it was possible to be a loser when you have 3 1st round picks, but the Sixers proved me wrong. The first problem I have is that they took Thad Young over guys that could help them more, such as Stuckley, Wright, or Young. Then, they actually fulfilled a need at SG with Cook...but traded him to Miami. They did end up trading for Derrick Byars, but like I said, they could have had Stuckley or Young, who are better players.

3. Phoenix- I don't think that Alando Tucker fits, or was he a need. Also, them selling their pick to Portland was pretty hilarious. However, they might get Frye instead of just 3 million, which will be really good.

I disagree on that Celtics trade. Ray Allen's 32 and as you said, they already have their future SG in Gerald Green, who now has to continue coming off the bench for the next 2-3 years. 2-3 years in which Ray Allen will continue to decline. The Celtics now have a very small 3-4 year window to make the playoffs, before Ray Allen is useless and Peirce starts to decline. And even if they make the playoffs, there's no NBA championship in their future.

Ray Allen was worth just about the 5th overall pick and obviously someone needed to be thrown in to make the money work, but instead they threw in Delonte too. I really hope they can move Ratliff's contract for something good, otherwise they'll be back to being a slightly above average 5-8 seed team in the playoffs.

You guys are silly if you think adding Ray Allen to the Celtics roster is all of a sudden going to make them contenders. Ray Allen is a great shooter in an average player's body. That's about it. He's not going to make the Celtics amazing all of a sudden after the horrendous season they just had.

The east isnt as bad as people seem to think the bottom of the confence may be terrible but at the the top you have Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, and Miami and then teams such as Toronto, Washington, and Orlando that are to far off from being very good teams.

I love this trade for the Celtics. Jeff Green is a pretty good player, but honestly, he wasn't really neccesary. The Celtics still have Paul Pierce and now Ray Allen, and Ray Allen as of right now is better than Jeff Green (and I'm pretty sure that he won't be as good when he reaches his full potential either). Plus, we already have our future SG in Gerald Green. This trade also makes a playoff contender. Pierce/Allen/Jefferson is a deadly three man combo.

I also really like the picks of Big Baby Davis and Pruitt. Pruitt provides some much needed PG depth (West was traded, and Rondo will start). Rondo/Pruitt is a pretty good young duo at PG. Rondo will be the better of the 2 though. Davis is an interesting pick. He has quite a bit of potential, but some say his weight is a concern. I think it's worth the pick though, and hopefully he can fill in well at center (Perkins is as one dimensional as they come).

As for other winners/losers:

Winners:

1. Portland- Far and away the winners of the draft. Oden, Fernandez, Frye, McRoberts, Green, Nichols, and Koppenen. Add that to an already good young team including Roy, Jack, and Aldridge. I mean...are you kidding me? This team is just going to be flat out ridiculous in 2-3 years. Hell, they might be a playoff team next year.

2. Charlotte- I really liked their decision to trade Wright for Richardson. Richardson is the veteran 2 guard that this team needs. Wright is a good player, but I think they're set with Okafor, May, and Brezec. Dudley should be a quality role player in his career, and Davidson provides some depth at forward.

3. Seattle- Losing Ray Allen hurts, but they more than made up for it. Durant and Green are going to be a dangerous duo in years to come. I like the addition of Delonte because he will most likely be the PG (I see Ridnour being traded). Sczerbiak should be either a good guy off the bench, or a decent starting SG (unfortunately, his contract sucks).

Losers:

1. Milwaukee- It sucks when your number one draft pick has no interest in playing for you at all. Yi is most likely never going to play for the Bucks, and this is a wasted pick, depending on what they can get for him. If they can get someone like Biedrins or Ellis from Golden State, then it wasn't a wasted pick and they shouldn't be considered losers.

2. Philadelphia- I didn't think it was possible to be a loser when you have 3 1st round picks, but the Sixers proved me wrong. The first problem I have is that they took Thad Young over guys that could help them more, such as Stuckley, Wright, or Young. Then, they actually fulfilled a need at SG with Cook...but traded him to Miami. They did end up trading for Derrick Byars, but like I said, they could have had Stuckley or Young, who are better players.

3. Phoenix- I don't think that Alando Tucker fits, or was he a need. Also, them selling their pick to Portland was pretty hilarious. However, they might get Frye instead of just 3 million, which will be really good.

Edited by Big Red Fury

The east isnt as bad as people seem to think the bottom of the confence may be terrible but at the the top you have Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, and Miami and then teams such as Toronto, Washington, and Orlando that are to far off from being very good teams.

Miami did beat Dallas, but they sold their future in order to win a Championship. Not that it's a bad thing mind you, but they picked for a very short time. The next phase is bringing in young players to go around Wade, as opposed to the veterans that they used for their championship run. If they can have a terrible season in a few years, get a high draft pick, and get a Scottie Pippen (I know this term is overused, but it does fit) they'll be a serious threat for multiple titles. The Cavaliers need to fill some holes, and it's going to be hard to do that, in order to be a serious threat as well. Chicago has the players for the most part, given another year or two and they'll be the only team in the East that can do battle with the Western powers.

Um Puke where did you find that scouting report? Whoever did that is a clown, it sounds more like a scouting report for Acie Law then it does Affalo.

Or maybe that was Rodney Stuckey's scouting report, because he was the 3rd leading scorer in all of College Basketball last season(26.1 ppg).

Chad Ford's Analysis: Afflalo is a Joe Dumars type of player -- a tough, hard-nosed guard who plays great defense and has a nice midrange game. But Afflalo isn't a great athlete, and I wonder how he'll fit on the roster with the Pistons drafting another guard, Rodney Stuckey, at No. 15.

Draft Projection: Late first to early second

Similarities: A shorter version of Raja Bell

Notes: Afflalo declared for the 2007 NBA Draft on April 10th. Because this is the second time Afflalo has declared, he is ineligible to return back to college. Declared for the 2006 NBA Draft but withdrew after not getting serious interest in the first round.

Positives: Big-time scorer with a beautiful jump shot. Is a dead-eye mid-range shooter. Has added a 3-point shot to his arsenal. Has a good feel for the game and isn't afraid to take the last shot. Has the ability to put the ball on the floor and get to the rim. Good defender as long as he isn't asked to be physical. Excellent conditioning.

Negatives: He's an average athlete, at best. Isn't very quick and is not an explosive leaper. Scouts claim he's probably closer to 6-foot-4 which makes him a little undersized for the two, though he does have a long wingspan. Doesn't have deep range, the longer NBA three point line may pose a problem for him.

Summary: Afflalo doesn't have the athleticism or size to compete against long, athletic players. He's likely to have similar problems in the pros which is why he's on the first round bubble, despite having a terrific junior year.

That is the full scouting report, I'm not sure who wrote it, but mind you, I've never seen Afflalo. I'd assume the guys doing the scouting reports have seen extensive footage of the guy. There must have been something in his game to give them the impression that he's a good shooter.

Edit - Oops, forgot to mention the source. It's from espn's scouting analysis, which I think is insider only.

Edited by VerbalPuke

J-Rich is good for the Bobcats because he's a good player NOW. They didn't need another rookie who will eventually be a good player, they've got almost an entire team of those