28 Weeks Later

Michael

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me break things down for you, k, moron?

Ouch. You're right. I've truly met my match. However will I recover from such a barb? It cut straight to the heart of me, to be sure.

Hold me, somebody, the light grows dim.

Is it my fault that the boards didn't post my entire post the other day?
Edited by Genesis

All I have to say is..who uses kthxbye anymore? And that often? I thought I was trapped in 2002 for awhile. :shifty:

Oh and 28 Weeks Later is awesome. I had 28 Days Later on one time but I wasn't paying attention to it at the time so I need to see it again.

This goes back to quite a few posts now, but Colly, Sunshine is actually a really good movie; I recommend it regardless of whatever music is used in it. I'm pretty sure I assume it's just a song both happened to use, not stock music.

Edited by Disco King

Sunshine is actually a really good movie; I recommend it regardless of whatever music is used in it. I'm pretty sure I assume it's just a song both happened to use, not stock music.

Saw it for the first time last night, and don't you hate it how the two little bastards who started the whole thing ended up being two of the very few survivors? <_< (Although Tammy was quite hot)

Harold Perrineau helicopter-blading the infected was one of the best things ever, but the end disappointed me a lot. Was Robert Carlysle some sort of super-infected? Cause they made out before that the infected could only see as well as humans in the dark (when Doyle said it'd be best to go in the night as it'll help shield them from the infected) yet he could see the hot doctor chick in the Tube and then bash the crap out of her when the two kids couldn't see a thing beforehand. And he also managed to get out of the room where his wife was, hide from the fire-bombing etc.

All I have to say is..who uses kthxbye anymore? And that often? I thought I was trapped in 2002 for awhile. :shifty:

Oh and 28 Weeks Later is awesome. I had 28 Days Later on one time but I wasn't paying attention to it at the time so I need to see it again.

This goes back to quite a few posts now, but Colly, Sunshine is actually a really good movie; I recommend it regardless of whatever music is used in it. I'm pretty sure I assume it's just a song both happened to use, not stock music.

I know, I said in my original post I'd seen the film before the trailer. I actually elaborated further, explaining which bits of it I liked and disliked, but I think the boards deleted that bit. I do agree with a few posts back though, the blurry strange ending spoilt it a bit, good film though.

Moving back to the rage virus (though not back to THAT discussion), it's been quite a while since I saw Days, but is the virus explained in any detail? I may have not been paying full attention during the lab seen where the virus is unleashed, however the general premise was: there is a virus, it is rage, the monkeys have it, now we have it.

Was ever anymore detail given as to where it came from or how/why these monkeys in the lab were infected with it?

I can remember watching the initial lab seen (and while clearly the content didn't sink in), I recall thinking that the film looked quite low budget and not something I particularly wanted to be watching. Then you get the isolated London scenes and the rest of the film in general and all is good.

Edited by supergrass

Moving back to the rage virus (though not back to THAT discussion), it's been quite a while since I saw Days, but is the virus explained in any detail? I may have not been paying full attention during the lab seen where the virus is unleashed, however the general premise was: there is a virus, it is rage, the monkeys have it, now we have it.

Was ever anymore detail given as to where it came from or how/why these monkeys in the lab were infected with it?

I can remember watching the initial lab seen (and while clearly the content didn't sink in), I recall thinking that the film looked quite low budget and not something I particularly wanted to be watching. Then you get the isolated London scenes and the rest of the film in general and all is good.

Theres a DVD extra on Weeks thats a graphic novel with a voiceover explaining it, but I think its fairly unofficial. Basically some scientists tried to make an anger suppresant, using a part of ebola to help it act quicker, but ended up with the opposite, highly contagious RAGE!!!!

Theres a DVD extra on Weeks thats a graphic novel with a voiceover explaining it, but I think its fairly unofficial. Basically some scientists tried to make an anger suppresant, using a part of ebola to help it act quicker, but ended up with the opposite, highly contagious RAGE!!!!

...so the zombies in 28 ___ Later are the modern day Reapers of Firefly fame? Cool :shifty:

The first stage begins an unknown amount of time before the initial outbreak. It opens in parallel fashion to 28 Days Later with a montage of violent acts, which are soon revealed to be video footage on a bank of television screens—in this case, CCTV footage of crimes which had taken place in London the previous night. Two scientists named Clive and Warren are attempting to develop an inhibitor which can be used to control aggressive impulses in humans.

Warren is able to secure a violent criminal as a human test subject by bribing a police captain. When the subject proves uncontrollable, Warren and Clive are forced to kill him and hide his body. Despite his misgivings, Clive is now irrevocably tied to the project.

Warren decides that the only feasible means of widely disseminating their inhibitor is through the use of a contagion. He genetically modifies the Ebola virus to carry the inhibitor, against Clive's strong objections. Weeks later, however, the virus has mutated, reversing the inhibitor's effect—the Rage virus has been born. Frustrated, Warren lashes out at Clive for making a snide comment, and Clive quits on the spot. Later, he makes a call from a public telephone to an eco-terrorist group called the Animal Freedom Front, and then shoots himself in the head. This gives the reader an insight of how infection started and brought the devastation to Britain.

The story then shifts to Warren who is sitting at his desk talking to an unknown person on the telephone. Warren informs him that the inhibitor has had a reverse effect. The man enlightens Warren that this could have "other application" when the telephone suddenly cuts out. Warren at this moment hears a strange noise coming from down the hall and seems distressed by it. He approaches a door noticing it was left open. Upon entering the door, Warren is abruptly ambushed by an ape who vomits in his face infecting him with "Rage".

I just watched this (28 Weeks Later). I rewatched 28 Days a week or two ago to see if I liked it any better than the first time I saw it. Nope.

Weeks was better, but even then, so many people fellate the shit out of this movie that it actually kind of pisses me off.

Hi, my name is Gabe and I'm addicted to horror movies and anything remotely similar.

That said, I sat down and watched Weeks... didn't hate it, didn't love it, thought it was just alright. Some cool shit happened. Some obscenely dumb shit happened... and then it was over. Now I get to watch the hockey game. It just really pisses me off that so many people are all over this film and the original, and yet... they aren't really that good. If I wasn't into horror as I am, then maybe I could see why people like it more, I think? I mean, because it's so closely related to the horror genre, I just don't like it. If I were looking for an action film, or a drama... I'd be a little more inclined to like it because in terms of those styles of film, this one was fairly edgy and good, but that's about all I can give it.

Also, just a little problem I had with the lack of common sense... but why the fuck would they reinhabit the place without thoroughly checking the surrounding area for survivors? One person stowed away in an attic completely obliterated the population again. Another issue I had was... the father got infected, and that's fine... but if you're a soldier, with a gun, and somebody's coming at you foaming from the mouth and covered in blood, shouldnt' your reaction be to immediately shoot him? How many soldiers did he kill without a single shot being fired? And fuck... it's not like he was sneaking up on anyone.

Also, just a little problem I had with the lack of common sense... but why the fuck would they reinhabit the place without thoroughly checking the surrounding area for survivors? One person stowed away in an attic completely obliterated the population again. Another issue I had was... the father got infected, and that's fine... but if you're a soldier, with a gun, and somebody's coming at you foaming from the mouth and covered in blood, shouldnt' your reaction be to immediately shoot him? How many soldiers did he kill without a single shot being fired? And fuck... it's not like he was sneaking up on anyone.