Code Monkeys: A Forewarning

This is the most dire thing I've ever seen. I think I've even been humoured more by the Squidbillies, and I absolutely detest that show. I just finished watching the Code Monkeys pilot on break.com and wow.. ugh. I can't even begin to describe how bad it is. There's a joke in the episode about ET The Video Game being so bad that it makes a little kid's cancer worse, and that's about how I feel about this show. If I had cancer, this show would make it worse. I have no idea what sort of shit the developers of shows like this (and Minoriteam, and Squidbillies, and all these god-awful "random" shows) have to be dropping to make this seem like a good idea.

What makes it worse is that I actually wanted this to be good. An 8/16 bit cartoon is a cool concept that I wanted to see succeed, but if this is what they've got it's probably going to get cancelled three episodes in, maybe less than that.

Edited by UltraMantis Cloudy

This is the most dire thing I've ever seen. I think I've even been humoured more by the Squidbillies, and I absolutely detest that show. I just finished watching the Code Monkeys pilot on break.com and wow.. ugh. I can't even begin to describe how bad it is. There's a joke in the episode about ET The Video Game being so bad that it makes a little kid's cancer worse, and that's about how I feel about this show. If I had cancer, this show would make it worse. I have no idea what sort of shit the developers of shows like this (and Minoriteam, and Squidbillies, and all these god-awful "random" shows) have to be dropping to make this seem like a good idea.

What makes it worse is that I actually wanted this to be good. An 8/16 bit cartoon is a cool concept that I wanted to see succeed, but if this is what they've got it's probably going to get cancelled three episodes in, maybe less than that.

according to some of the commercials, one of the creators of Code Monkeys is a creator of Code Monkeys.

>_> I'm assuming you mean one of the creators of Code Monkeys is a creator of Minoriteam. Yeah, they've been mentioning that in all the commercials, every chance they get. Minoriteam fucking sucked, so does this.

Though, I will say that I'm PRETTY SURE Dana Snyder voices a fat, creepy nerdy guy. I got a kick out of that, but even then the dialogue was pretty shit.

I didn't have high hopes for it, but wanted it to be interesting. Sadly, it dosen't sound that way.

And what the fuck is up with shit like Squidbillies. Fuck, I love Adult Swim, but mostly for Robot Chicken and Futurama. The stuff they've come up with, for the most part, is absolute shit, although Venture Bros. is good when you're on shrooms.

Robot Chicken almost makes up for it though... almost.

I didn't have high hopes for it, but wanted it to be interesting. Sadly, it dosen't sound that way.

And what the fuck is up with shit like Squidbillies. Fuck, I love Adult Swim, but mostly for Robot Chicken and Futurama. The stuff they've come up with, for the most part, is absolute shit, although Venture Bros. is good when you're on shrooms.

Robot Chicken almost makes up for it though... almost.

I think the problem is that they had a hit with ATHF which employed that "random" absurdist type of humour that just makes you go "What the fuck?" the problem though, is that ATHF (for the most part, the first two or three seasons) was actually funny. Then they've got bullshit like Minoriteam, Squidbillies, 12 Oz. Mouse that uses that same absurdist style but you can't just keep throwing shit at the wall like that and hoping it sticks.

The only new original programming on AS I've been able to get into has been Robot Chicken & Moral Orel.

And it also doesn't help that [as] mutants gobble up ANYTHING [as] produces. ANYTHING. Just because it's [as], even if they're fucking dire shows like Squidbillies while good shows like Korgoth The Barbarian go down the tubes.

Edited by UltraMantis Cloudy

While we're on the subject of [as], I have to admit that I love the theme song for Saul of the Mole Men. And Saul's acting and mustache makes me laugh. But I don't pay too much attention to the show itself; I'm mainly waiting for Morel Orel to come on.

And yes, Squidbillies is very stupid. I attempted to watch it for the first time the other night, it was one where there was a guy pretending to be Patrick Swayze, and I don't think I chuckled once. And I'm an easy laugh.

Moral Orel is gold.

G4 is a pretty horrific network. The only reason I bother with that crap is Ninja Warrior and Cheaters, but they either show those way too much or not at all. And the commercials are the same crap every five minutes over and over. With about two Code Monkeys commercials in every break! This place seems like it was one those stretch networks to fill a hole on DirecTV with the bunch other miscellaneous shit networks you never heard of before.

Yeah, I scrolled through G4 programming on the DirecTV programming guide for the following two days once and the only two remotely "tech" shows where AOTS (ugh) and X-Play. Everything else was Cheaters, Cops, Arrested Developmental, or Ninja Warrior. Of all those, AD's the only one worth a shite.

I like how G4 has been handling e3 this year. It is worth watching. But yeah I remember back in the day when G4 Had something to do with gaming. BUt they dropped half of those shows.